PDA

View Full Version : Raptoran weapon wielding question

Ristvakbaen
2016-05-16, 03:27 AM
I have a question about raptorans and the number of weapons they may handle. A member of my group I'm DMing for is making a Raptoran Ranger with the dual wield specialization. Along with that though he said that while he may wield weapons in both hands, he may also use his feet while In flight for weaponry, spoken a greatspear for his feet and two scimitars for his hands. So I haven't found anything that says he can nor cannot do this, although I did see a 3 weapon wielding picture in the races of the wild handbook. Any clarification on this would be appreciated!

HolyDraconus
2016-05-16, 03:33 AM
I have a question about raptorans and the number of weapons they may handle. A member of my group I'm DMing for is making a Raptoran Ranger with the dual wield specialization. Along with that though he said that while he may wield weapons in both hands, he may also use his feet while In flight for weaponry, spoken a greatspear for his feet and two scimitars for his hands. So I haven't found anything that says he can nor cannot do this, although I did see a 3 weapon wielding picture in the races of the wild handbook. Any clarification on this would be appreciated!

Can't. The raptorans are pretty much flying humans. The biggest difference is that they can fly (duh) and treat the footbow as a martial weapon, instead of exotic. Outside of that, nothing else in their trait entry allows them to wield other weapons in their feet better than the normal human. Everything else (like the exceptional gripping in their feet) is flavor.

Ristvakbaen
2016-05-16, 03:36 AM
Can't. The raptorans are pretty much flying humans. The biggest difference is that they can fly (duh) and treat the footbow as a martial weapon, instead of exotic. Outside of that, nothing else in their trait entry allows them to wield other weapons in their feet better than the normal human. Everything else (like the exceptional gripping in their feet) is flavor.

He also has the multi weapon fighting feat from the monster manual

HolyDraconus
2016-05-16, 03:50 AM
He also has the multi attack feet (feat. For humor)

How? He doesn't qualify for it. Outside of grafting another limb or gaining a few size increases to gain a wing attack, he only has the two natural attacks like other humanoids.

* Even with your edit the post stands. He doesn't have the limbs for it.

Ristvakbaen
2016-05-16, 04:02 AM
How? He doesn't qualify for it. Outside of grafting another limb or gaining a few size increases to gain a wing attack, he only has the two natural attacks like other humanoids.

* Even with your edit the post stands. He doesn't have the limbs for it.

It would seem from the section "the ultimate tournament" on obsidian portal, it says "if a raptoran has a bab of 3 or more it can use its feet to wield weapons and attack with them"

Andezzar
2016-05-16, 04:07 AM
How? He doesn't qualify for it. Outside of grafting another limb or gaining a few size increases to gain a wing attack, he only has the two natural attacks like other humanoids.Usually humanoids only have one natural weapon, the Unarmed Strike.

HolyDraconus
2016-05-16, 04:55 AM
It would seem from the section "the ultimate tournament" on obsidian portal, it says "if a raptoran has a bab of 3 or more it can use its feet to wield weapons and attack with them"

No where does it state that on the actual trait entry on the raptoran. The only thing they have that changes due to exp growth racially is their ability to fly. In fact, where the hell do you even SEE this "ultimate tournament"?

And yes, You are right Andezzar. But he did state dual weapon specc'd ranger.

KillianHawkeye
2016-05-16, 04:58 AM

Obsidian Portal is one of those websites where anyone can type anything. Don't get your rules text from there.

Divide by Zero
2016-05-16, 04:29 PM
Even if you allow them to attack with their feet, that doesn't give them extra weapon attacks any more than the fact that a monk can attack with any part of their body gives them extra unarmed strikes (besides those granted from Flurry, of course, but that's an explicit ability).