PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Faeries Secret of Mysteries [General] - Legit Reason

Erdinger
2016-05-16, 06:13 AM
A character in my group has just turned undead (necropolitan), and he would like to take this feat.(ya he's an elf).
But what is a legit reason for adding intelligence to Hit-Dice? I mean the more the character is educated the more he can suffer hits?
Thanks from ahead

AnachroNinja
2016-05-16, 06:34 AM
Remember that HP are an abstract concept that don't really just represent taking hits but also near misses, wearing down, stress, and exhaustion. Could represent a greater capacity to work through the pain, more avoidance of fatal blows, or really any number of things you could imagine.

Eldariel
2016-05-16, 06:43 AM
I mean, we're talking about the fey. Specifically a mystical dance invoking faerie magicks most probably manipulating the tapestry of one's essence; is it not only natural to assume that one of feykin could use their will as the thread that binds their physique instead of the physical bindings?

Erdinger
2016-05-16, 07:18 AM
Remember that HP are an abstract concept that don't really just represent taking hits but also near misses, wearing down, stress, and exhaustion. Could represent a greater capacity to work through the pain, more avoidance of fatal blows, or really any number of things you could imagine.

That's the problem, nothing came into my imagintion that HP could be represnted by intelligence.
But now I have some ideas, thanks to you.

I mean, we're talking about the fey. Specifically a mystical dance invoking faerie magicks most probably manipulating the tapestry of one's essence; is it not only natural to assume that one of feykin could use their will as the thread that binds their physique instead of the physical bindings?

I'm sorry, but I didn't understood you. English isn't my main language, can you simplify it for me?

Eldariel
2016-05-16, 07:30 AM
I'm sorry, but I didn't understood you. English isn't my main language, can you simplify it for me?

I'll give it a go: Faerie Mysteries Initiate is a feat that ties to faeries and their magic. Specifically, it's a dance to use the powers of the faeries. A mortal body is composed of meat, bone, sinew, etc. What keeps the body together is flesh and bone. Now imagine, a mystical ritual. Imagine that in the ritual, the participants rebuild their body. Imagine that instead of normal flesh and bone, their bodies are made of more abstract ideas; their will is used to knit together the pieces. Kind of like e.g. elementals and outsiders are composed of essence of the planes - a Faerie Mysteries Initiate could similarly use their mind as the "glue" that holds the body together instead of the normal "vitality".

AnachroNinja
2016-05-16, 07:48 AM
Sort of, faeries are so awesome, they imagine themselves healthy and it becomes true.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-16, 08:00 AM
In the case of intelligence, it might be a change of mentality. Con-based HP is something like 'well, it's not that much blood loss, it doesn't hurt so bad, continue', whereas int-based hp is something like 'well, it's only affected some superficial nerves and minor veins, I know that's easy to fix later on, no point worrying about it', and generally 'reasoning away' the injuries.

Jowgen
2016-05-16, 01:59 PM
I actually ban this particular Faeries secret, not because of balance or because I can't see a mental stat add to HP; but because it should be Cha and not Int. For crying out loud, there is even an online article feat that does it for 1st level.

Erdinger
2016-05-16, 02:06 PM
I actually ban this particular Faeries secret, not because of balance or because I can't see a mental stat add to HP; but because it should be Cha and not Int. For crying out loud, there is even an online article feat that does it for 1st level.

Feat which apply Cha modifer only to 1st level HP? EDIT : Is it Beauty's Bounty?
What do you suggest for him then? Unholy Toughness is a racial ability which cannot be granted in a feat or something else..