PDA

View Full Version : Domain powers for Time Domain Clerics? (pathfinder)

MonkeySage
2016-05-16, 12:42 PM
So, several sessions in, I still don't have a concrete framework for my Time Domain. One of my players is a cleric of the god of time...

Here's what I've got so far:

Level 1: The cleric can use channel energy to instead haste allies, or slow enemies.

Level 6: [Insert Domain Power]

1st level spell: True Strike
2nd level spell: Hold Person
3rd level spell: Haste
4th level spell: Freedom of Movement
5th level spell: Teleport
6th level spell: Legend Lore
7th level spell: Mass Hold Person
8th level spell: Moment of Prescience
9th level spell: Time Stop

Domain Spells are subject to change...

Jormengand
2016-05-16, 12:54 PM
3.5 has a time domain (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_Timedomain&alpha=) that it might be a good idea to look at.

JeenLeen
2016-05-16, 12:55 PM
I think I saw a Time Domain somewhere in 3.5. That may give you some inspiration or guidance on spell list. The spell list looks pretty good to me, and similar to what my memory recollects. Teleport looks a little out of place, but I can see it as a space-time idea or "moving really quickly". I guess Freedom of Movement also looks a bit out of place, since that's more physical confinement than temporal confinement. Neat flavor to Hold Person as freezing in time, if that's what you're going for.

The level 1 power sounds rather strong. Even if it's just one round, that's a pretty strong boost to a party, especially at low-level when HP is low and an extra attack could mean a lot. It gets more reasonable at higher level, when HP is higher and extra attacks can come from other sources.

Edit: ninja'd on Time Domain in 3.5