PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here have content on the Dungeon Master's Guild?

gfishfunk
2016-05-16, 01:40 PM
I was thinking of creating a splat book for Patrons, Gods, and Demigods that focuses on Clerics, Paladins, Druids, and Warlocks and wanted to get advice on actually creating the products under 5e. Any thoughts from folks? Experiences? Advice?

I develop all of my own world-building content anyway, and I had some ideas that I thought I could get down on paper...

Oramac
2016-05-16, 01:44 PM
I have the Death Knight in my sig up on DMsG. It's actually pretty easy to get it all set up. Don't expect massive income from it (or any at all, really), but it's a nice little "extra" to have out there.

Shining Wrath
2016-05-16, 01:52 PM
Yes, I have a few small efforts. Strongly suggest not publishing anything as "pay what you want" as I had > 100 downloads of the free product and < 10 purchases.

gfishfunk
2016-05-16, 01:56 PM
I'm not terribly concerned about making money out of the effort, but I will think about it.

Did either of you include art in your publications? If so, how did you find an artist?

Shining Wrath
2016-05-16, 01:57 PM
No art yet but if I ever want to include some I'll ask my brother-in-law.

Oramac
2016-05-16, 02:02 PM
Did either of you include art in your publications? If so, how did you find an artist?

I did. WOTC has some royalty free art you can find on DMsG itself. I'm at work right now so I can't link it, but it's easy enough to find.

gfishfunk
2016-05-16, 02:03 PM
I did. WOTC has some royalty free art you can find on DMsG itself. I'm at work right now so I can't link it, but it's easy enough to find.

Cool. Massive credit to all the input in this thread. Thanks guys!

JNAProductions
2016-05-16, 02:14 PM
Note: If you're charging money for it, you can't link to it here. I keep mine as Pay What You Want so I can still link it to here. Each piece of brew makes somewhere around $3-5.

Joxeta
2016-05-16, 05:01 PM
I am currently in the process of putting up "Tome of Lost Lore," a book I've done-up detailing some 5e conversions of older D&D materials. Probably going to be multiple volumes (ToLL 2, 3, etc.)

I'm not sure what I'll charge, but I do have an artist on board and their artwork will really make it shine, methinkst.

However, part of my "doing-up" entails getting to 10 posts here so that I can ask everyone for feedback lol