14 (+2)
12 (+1)

Skills Stealth +13
Damage Immunities Acid
Condition Immunities Prone
Senses Darkvision 60', Passive Perception 12
Languages Common
Challenge 27

Shapechanger The Greater Mimic may use its action to polymorph into any shape (typically a room) or back into its true, amorphous form. its statistics are the same in each form. Any equipment is not transformed. It reverts to its true form when it dies.

Adhesive The Greater Mimic adheres to anything it touches. Anything adhered to the Mimic is also grappled by it (Escape DC 21). Ability checks to escape this grapple have disadvantage.

False Appearance (Room Form only) While the Greater Mimic remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary, if bare, room.

Grappler The Greater Mimic has advantage on attack rolls against anything grappled by it.

Actions

Pseudopod Melee Natural Attack: +13 to hit, reach 10', one target. Hit: 25 (4d8+7) bludgeoning damage, the target is subject to the Adhesive trait, and the target is dragged inside the Greater Mimic.

Crushing Jaws Melee Natural Attack: +19 to hit, reach interior of the Greater Mimic, all creatures or objects inside the Mimic. Hit: 25 (4d8+7) piercing damage and 18 (4d8) acid damage.

Multiattack The Greater Mimic makes 4 Pseudopod attacks and one Crushing Jaw attack.

Digitalfruitz
2016-05-16, 04:16 PM
First off this looks amazing, secondly what Challenge Rating would this be?

JNAProductions
2016-05-16, 05:00 PM
Not sure. I'll run some numbers.

Defensive CR: HP is 29.

AC is -1, though, so 28.

Offensive CR is around 186 DPR (assuming two people are caught inside at any given moment) for CR 23. Only about 45% of damage is from the Crushing Jaws (with its massive attack bonus) so let's call to-hit +2, for a total of 25.

Average that out, and you get 25+28=53, 53/2 is 26.5, for an ending CR of 27.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-17, 02:21 AM
That's a big gulf from the CR2 mimic in the MM. I'm wondering how one might go about making something in between. Maybe like an elder mimic?

JNAProductions
2016-05-17, 11:28 AM
You know, I didn't quite intend it to be QUITE that high CR. :P

But yeah, an Elder Mimic wouldn't go amiss.

Arracor
2016-05-26, 06:16 AM
As a Dark Souls player still patiently waiting for the dreaded Bonfire Mimic to appear, I love the concept of larger, more creative mimics. This does, however, seem a tad bit excessive. If it were simply a room-sized creature, wouldn't Huge be sufficient? As well, to lower its CR into normal usable range, you could simply cut its HP and damage, and perhaps its Grapple DC. Then, if you wanted to have an even bigger, scarier mimic, you could keep the stats as-is, maybe slightly nerf HP and damage, and refluff it to take forms like, say, an entire building. Chapel Mimic. Temple Mimic. Dragon Hoard Mimic..?

ImSAMazing
2016-05-29, 04:16 AM
As a Dark Souls player still patiently waiting for the dreaded Bonfire Mimic to appear, I love the concept of larger, more creative mimics. This does, however, seem a tad bit excessive. If it were simply a room-sized creature, wouldn't Huge be sufficient? As well, to lower its CR into normal usable range, you could simply cut its HP and damage, and perhaps its Grapple DC. Then, if you wanted to have an even bigger, scarier mimic, you could keep the stats as-is, maybe slightly nerf HP and damage, and refluff it to take forms like, say, an entire building. Chapel Mimic. Temple Mimic. Dragon Hoard Mimic..?

Plane Mimic :smallcool::smallbiggrin::smalltongue: