PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.5] Create a new Half-Eladrin race.

Ellenthir
2016-05-16, 09:28 PM
Hi.

First, I'm sorry for my English but it isn't my native language. I'm here because I've a little problem to create a custom race. I'm not an experienced DM, in fact it will be only my second session as DM in D&D 3.5, but one of my players would like to play an Eladrin or a Celestial. Personaly, I think they are too powerfull to take place in my campaign. Therefore I said I will think about a Half-Eladrin race for him. I've read a lot on the subject but could you give me your opinion on what I've done? I prefer don't let him play this if it is unbalanced but I lack of experience to judge this.

Half-Eladrin:

+2 CHA, -2 SAG
Size: Medium
Base-land speed: 30ft
Fly speed (Perfect): 60ft
Dark vision: 60ft
Low-light vision
Alignment: Good
Eladrin Blood: For all effects related to race, a Half-Eladrin is considered an Eladrin.
+1 racial bonus on Knowledge (Mystery), Perform (Song) and Spellcraft
Automatic Languages: Common and Celestial
Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan.
Favored Class: Bard
Level Adjustement: +0

I've use Half-Elves as a basis but maybe I underestimate impact of some choices I've made. So, feel free to make any observations and suggestions to make a balanced race.

Gildedragon
2016-05-16, 10:08 PM
This ought go in homebrew
Also there is one: Celadrin they are to elves and eladrin what standard aasimar are to celestials and humans

ZeroiaSD
2016-05-17, 12:57 AM
I'd consider going to Pathfinder and use and Azata-blooded Aasimar, since 'Azata' is just Pathfinder for 'Eladrin'

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-aasimar#TOC-Azata-Blooded-Musetouched-

Though the one you made doesn't look bad- flight's fairly strong, may want to downgrade it from 'perfect,' but looks solid.