PDA

View Full Version : The best character ever?

Mercutio's Love
2007-06-26, 10:17 AM
In a game I played with a few friends, I decided I wanted an extremely powerful character to play. But in the end, when the game began - I was a Hadozee (in other words, a monkey) called Monty, riding a gigantic centipede that was imbued with the fly spell.

Could this really be the best character ever conceived?
Please - give me your thoughts. :smallwink:

Oh, Monty never managed to show off his amazing skills. He was killed near the beginning of the game by a crazy DM and an insanely powerful Scyllan.

Indon
2007-06-26, 10:51 AM
On the long, long list of campaigns I want to run is a campaign in which everyone plays an intelligent support character; intelligent magical weapons, familiars, celestial mounts (for the player who can't be at every session), etc. It has much potential for wacky hyjinx, considering the DM would have control over the actual 'party'.

Human Paragon 3
2007-06-26, 11:11 AM
I don't follow you, Indon. Would there be a real party made up of NPCs, and then the players play their familiars, or is there one real PC and everyone else plays his wacky familiars?

nerulean
2007-06-26, 11:18 AM
I don't know, ML, I think you might have been beaten by the psionic sandwich in the weakest builds thread.

lukelightning
2007-06-26, 11:34 AM
It depends on what you mean by "best." If you mean "oddball" then there really is no limit and you can't define it, because as soon as the character is created you can always take one more step.

Indon
2007-06-26, 11:41 AM
I don't follow you, Indon. Would there be a real party made up of NPCs, and then the players play their familiars, or is there one real PC and everyone else plays his wacky familiars?

Either would work, but I was thinking of an NPC party. That way, the PC's (Player-Familiars? Player-Intelligent-Items?) mostly have to roll with the punches.

Ravyn
2007-06-27, 10:08 PM
There was an attempt at running a game like that a while back, in which the people to whom the party had been familiars/celestial mounts/summoned allies all got killed at the beginning of the game--it would've been fun if it hadn't petered out. *chuckles* I was playing the group's skillmonkey, an arcane trickster's ferret based on one of my old characters' familiars--devotion, loyalty, and a bad habit of gnawing on hair. If it'd gotten off the ground...

As for the Hadozee-centipede thing, I'll admit, I'm having a hard time seeing the draw...