PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Bardic Music - Invocations-like songs

WrittenInBlood
2016-05-17, 12:46 PM
Bardic Music Tweak (Invocations-like songs)
This homebrew is thought for those who want their Bards to sing more and stepping on other classes toes less. I’ve decided to replace Magical Secrets, feature guilty of allowing some cheesy trick, with a list of sub-features to choose, similar to Warlock invocations or Battlemaster maneuvers, and design them in a manner reinforcing Bard’s role as a support and face. The result you can see below, and I'll be glad to see your opinion on it. :smallwink:
Thanks to AngryJesusMan for a load of input!

CLASS FEATURES MODIFICATION
Your Song of Rest, Countercharm, and Magical Secrets features are replaced with Bardic Music, described below. Note that Lore bards keep their Additional Magical Secrets feature unaltered. Song of Rest and Countercharm become Bardic song options.

CLASS FEATURE: BARDIC MUSIC
During your journeys, you have acquired repertoire of songs, some of which hold the power over mortal minds and hearts, move the clouds out of the sky or even awake the dead.

At 2nd level, you gain two Bardic songs of your choice. Your song options are detailed below. You gain additional songs of your choice at 6th, 10th, 14th and 18th bard level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the songs you know and replace it with another song that you could learn at that level.

Songs affects creatures within 30 feet of you that aren’t deafened. The range of your song is increased to 45 feet at 6th level, 60 feet at 10th level, 75 feet at 14th level, and 90 feet at 18th level.
You may only perform one song at a time, though multiple bards may each use a different song simultaneously. Multiple uses of the same song targeting the same creature have no extra effect.

Some songs require concentration on performance, identically as spells. If you are concentrating on a song, you may not also concentrate on a spell, and vice versa. All of the normal rules for concentrating on a spell apply to any song that requires concentration. Song effects generally don’t stretch to you, unless the description explicitly states otherwise.

Song fulfills the verbal and somatic components for a spell it casts, if any. You must still fulfill material component requirements as normal.

Performance
Song descriptions have a Performance line that indicates when the song takes effect.
Ongoing. As an action, you start a performance that lasts until the end of your next turn. The song takes immediate effect, which remains in effect until the performance ends. The Performance ends when you are incapacitated or silenced, or when you voluntarily end it (no action required).
Complete. Your song takes effect after given amount of time. Once you begin performing, your performance must continue uninterrupted until the allotted time is completed, spending your action on each of your turns dedicated to the sole task of performing the song.

BARDIC SONGS LIST

Call to Arms (2nd level, Valor College feature)
Performance: Complete, 1 action
Any number of your allies who are surprised at the beginning of the combat, aren't incapacitated, and who rolled initiative lower than you can act normally on their first turn. At 10th level, you may grant all of your allies an advantage to their Initiative as long as they are under the effects of this song. Once this song ends, their Initiative score returns to its original position in the Initiative roster.

Countercharm (6th level)
Performance: Ongoing
*As described in PHB, p.54*

Discordant Tut (10thlevel)
Performance: Complete, 1 bonus action
Enemies cannot take reactions until their next turn. Additionally, all hostile creatures that are concentrating on spells or similar effects must make a successful Concentration check (DC equal your spell save DC) at the beginning of their turn to avoid breaking concentration.

Elegy for the Fallen (2nd level)
Performance: Complete, 10 minutes
You cast Gentle repose without expending a spell slot. At 6th level, you can choose to cast Revivify instead, but spell takes effect only if you started performance within one minute of target’s death.

Ghastly Nocturne (6th level)
You cast Animate Dead without expending a spell slot. At 14th level, you may instead cast Create Undead without expending a spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Marching Song (2nd level)
Performance: Ongoing, 1 hour
You and your allies gain advantage on saving throws against exhaustion. This song is travelling activity, as foraging or navigating (see PHB, p.182-183).

Song of Exclusion (14th level)
Performance: Complete, 1 hour
You cast Forbiddance without expending a spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Song of Magical Echoes (6th level)
Performance: Ongoing, requires concentration
When someone loses concentration on a spell, you can concentrate on that spell yourself and seize control over it. Make a Charisma check against a DC equal to 10 + that spell’s level. You have advantage on the check if the spell appears on the Bard spell list, and you succeed automatically if it is a spell that you know. On a successful roll, the spell is seized by you and considered cast by you. When it is seized, you may choose to have the spell continue to affect the original target(s) or area, or you may choose a new target(s) or area. You can keep concentration on that spell up to the time given by the spell’s description, minus the amount of time that has already elapsed. Note that because starting the performance of this song requires the use of your action, you need to use a Ready action when you expect an opportunity to use this song may arise.

Song of Rest (2nd level)

Song of Self-Confidence (2nd level)
Creatures of your choice cannot suffer disadvantage to their ability checks and attack rolls. Creature that fails an ability check or attack roll under song effect can’t benefit from this song anymore until it ends a long rest.

Song of Stars (10th level, Lore College feature)
You cast Contact Other Plane without expending a spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Song of Steel (18th level, Valor College feature)
Allies hearing you can make an additional attack when taking an Attack action. When your performance ends, you can’t start it again until you finish a long rest.

Song of the Heart (2nd level)
Any creature able to understand at least one language can understand you. This is one-way communication, only able to allow those creatures to understand you as if under the effects of the Comprehend Languages spell.

Song of the Planes (14th level)
You cast Planar Ally without expending a spell slot, with the additional option of summoning a creature of fey type. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Song of the Sky (18th level)
You cast Control Weather without expending a spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Song of the Wild (6th level)
Your song lures beasts to you. Choose one of the following options for what appears: one beast of challenge rating 4 or lower, two beasts of challenge rating 2 or lower, four beasts of challenge rating 1 or lower, or eight beasts of challenge rating 1/2 or lower. You can also draw a certain beasts you can see, within limits given above. They are indifferent to you and your allies and will follow you in 300ft limit, until you or one of your allies take hostile action against them or until you start a short or long rest – at that moment beasts can act at their normal manner. You can’t use this song again until you finish a long rest.

Soul melody (2nd level, Lore college feature)
Choose a single alignment aspect from Good, Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic or Evil. You can discern, if humanoids among your audience – chosen by you, in number up to your Bard level + your Wisdom modifier – share that alignment aspect. You can’t use this song again until you finish a long rest.

Stalwart Song (2nd level)
You may spend Bardic Inspiration dice in order to temporarily cancel exhaustion for other creatures. For each level of exhaustion you wish to cancel, you must spend one of your Bardic Inspiration dice (no matter how many creatures you affect). This song affects extra creatures as your level increases: one creature at 2nd level, two creatures at 6th level, three creatures at 10th level, four creatures at 14th level, and five creatures at 18th level. Creatures can’t benefit from this song more often than once between long rests.

zeek0
2016-05-17, 02:11 PM
I'm all for making classes more modular. I'm going to give miscellaneous advice, take it how you will.

Soul Melody: this edition generally avoids effects that directly interact with the alignment system - most recognize that being able to identify a creature's alignment can take the intrigue out of an encounter.

Elegy of the Fallen: A flavorful bit, but I can't see it actually being chosen over other options.

Call to Arms: I would word this similarly to the barbarian's Feral Instinct, since as written you can't start playing the song until after the 1st round is over.

Ghastly Requiem: By definition, a requiem asks for the repose of dead souls, or is an act of rememberence. This doesn't fit well with Animate Dead.

Song of Exclusion: If I am choosing this as a feature and can only use it once per long rest, I might as well get to cast it after 10 minutes instead of 1 hour.

Song of Self-Confidence: This is underwhelming. The lowest RAW score you can have is 8, which is only -1. Buffing your allies so that they are still less competent than the average human is disappointing at best.

Song of Magical Echoes: I really like this one. It gives a new depth to combat.

Stalwart Song: I fear for Path of the Berserker Frenzy abuse, or at least it being the main reason this is chosen.

These are only my thoughts. Once again, I applaud any endeavor to make class options more modular!

DeadpanSal
2016-05-17, 02:58 PM
Ooh, I've got one!

Danse Macabre - one or more dead creatures that can hear your spell is temporarily animated (up to one per level), and begins to dance until the song has finished. This also allows a dead creature to speak once more if it could speak in life, as Speak With Dead.

And I like the idea of Soul Melody being flavor texted as singing something, and everyone of the alignment you specify taps their foot to the music. ("He's not dancing! Kill him!")

WrittenInBlood
2016-05-19, 02:41 AM
@zeek0
Soul melody - that's why it detects only a part of alignment, and is safer in Bards hand than in Paladins anyway - no Smite following ;)
Call to arms - only if Bard is surpirsed along with the others, that's not guaranteed. But mostly you're right, I'll reword that.
Ghastly requiem - done. It's "nocturne" now.
Song of exclusion - I wanted to make it a tiny bit less convenient as normal Forbiddance spell.
" Self-confidence - I agree it's situational, but not useless, for example to make an occasional angry mob of commoners a little more dangerous.
" Magical echoes - Thanks :)
Stalwart song - Bard as Barbarian best friend was intended, I've read here a lot about Frenzy exhaustion recently. And because effect is temporary, it will rather serve as one-day boost than be used on daily basis.

@Master of Aeons
Danse macabre - I thought of something similar, but Speak with the Dead is on Bard spell list anyway.

Thanks for your replies :)

DeadpanSal
2016-05-19, 03:23 PM
Oh right. Oops.

@DasBridges
2016-05-20, 12:31 AM
This is great, because it is exactly what I came here hoping to find. My question is, how would you scale it if you were going to use it to replace ALL of the spellcasting bards do?

zeek0
2016-05-20, 11:41 PM
Soul melody - that's why it detects only a part of alignment, and is safer in Bards hand than in Paladins anyway - no Smite following ;)

Unless I am mistaken, neither paladins nor paladin spells can detect alignment. I suppose that I am most concerned that this would be an awkward spell to choose if a DM runs a game of fluid/no alignment.

Self-confidence - I agree it's situational, but not useless, for example to make an occasional angry mob of commoners a little more dangerous.

Commoners generally have physical scores of 10+. So, unless you need your commoners to draw up blueprints for rickety bridge, practice questionable medicine, or perform a mediocre flash mob...

But I have realized a good (but unintended(?)) use of this ability.
Step 1: Perform Song the Wild and summon 8 baboons.
Step 2: Perform Song of Self-Confidence, raising their Int to 10.
Step 3: Play Marching Song over and over again.
Step 4: Tell them to do your homework.

(And after looking in the MM, that commoner has 10s across the board)

Which brings another question:

Marching Song: Can this be played all the time? If so, it has a use not only for marching adventurers, but for sweatshops/labor camps the world over!

DeadpanSal
2016-05-21, 12:11 AM
Do the invocation of self confidence, put the baboons at the typewriter. Wait a month.

zeek0
2016-05-21, 04:52 AM
Obnoxious second better idea:

Step 0: Have proficiency and expertise in Animal Handling. Be a Hill Dwarf and choose 15 for your Wisdom score. Increase Your average Handle Animal check at level 6 is 19.5.

Step 1: Summon 8 spiders ( Str 2 )
Step 2: Make it so they have a Strength modifier of 0. Now, this doesn't change the ability score, so there's no increase in carrying capacity or anything. But their attack is now +8/5 damage, + 2 poison. This is better than a single hit by a black bear.

Step 3: Herd your spiders to use their superior strength to force every spider within a 1/2 mile radius to join the horde by the end of your next long rest.
Step 4: Gather them under you. Warn the intelligent leading eight that if they turn on you, then you will take away their power and newfound sentience.

Step 5: Perform the Song of Self-Confidence, holding the same threat over the thousands of spiders.
Step 6: Lead your new army of super spiders to the forest, and capture millions of new spiders. Also capture larger creatures such as weasels, rats, and goats.

Step 7: Lead your army of vermin to 'enlist' lions, tigers, bears, and stray hunters. Each beast will have 400 spiders on them, which will kill the beast if they stray from your instructions. Daily re-imbue your spider overlords with sentience so they are dependent on you.
Step 8: World Domination. World Optimization.

DeadpanSal
2016-05-23, 01:04 AM
♪ Spiderman, Spidermaaaan, scares the bejeezus out of everyone with his horde of Spiders oh god I'm leaving the table this is creepy as hell ♪

Sicarius Victis
2016-06-03, 04:52 AM
How about "Danse Macabre" as an Omen of Doom-type thing? You use the performance to loosen the borders between life and death, and bring your target closer to their inevitable demise. Also, a "Requiem" option could be used to fight undead, in a similar style to Destroy Undead.

WrittenInBlood
2016-06-11, 10:48 AM
I've clarified use of action on some songs and in general song rules.

AngryJesusMan
2016-08-06, 02:27 PM
Great work. I love this. And because I love finding good ideas and incorporating them into my campaign, I would like to use this, but with the following changes.

CLASS FEATURES MODIFICATION
Your Song of Rest, Countercharm, and Magical Secrets features are replaced with Bardic Music, described below. Note that Lore bards keep their Additional Magical Secrets feature unaltered. Song of Rest and Countercharm become Bardic song options.

CLASS FEATURE: BARDIC MUSIC
During your journeys, you have acquired repertoire of songs, some of which hold the power over mortal minds and hearts, move the clouds out of the sky or even awake the dead.

At 2nd level, you gain two Bardic songs of your choice. Your song options are detailed below. You gain additional songs of your choice at 6th, 10th, 14th and 18th bard level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the songs you know and replace it with another song that you could learn at that level.

In order to begin performing a song you must make a successful Charisma (Performance) check against DC 10 and use a musical instrument. Songs take effect on affected creatures within 30 feet of you that can hear you. The range of your song is increased to 45 feet at 6th level, 60 feet at 10th level, 75 feet at 14th level, and 90 feet at 18th level. If the DM determines that there is sufficient noise to interfere with your song, or if you are deafened, you have disadvantage on the Charisma (Performance) check.

You may only perform one song at a time, though multiple bards may each use a different song simultaneously. Multiple uses of the same song targeting the same creature have no extra effect.

Performance
Song descriptions have a Performance line that indicates when the song takes effect.
Ongoing. As an action, you start a performance that lasts until the end of your next turn. The song takes immediate effect, which remains in effect until the performance ends. The Performance ends when you are incapacitated or silenced, or when you voluntarily end it (no action required).
Complete. Your song takes effect after given amount of time. Once you begin performing, your performance must continue uninterrupted until the allotted time is completed, spending your action on each of your turns dedicated to the sole task of performing the song.

Some songs require concentration on performance, identically as spells. If you are concentrating on a song, you may not also concentrate on a spell, and vice versa. All of the normal rules for concentrating on a spell apply to any song that requires concentration. Song effects generally don’t stretch to you, unless the description explicitly states otherwise.

Songs that mimic spells cast the spells at their lowest level unless the song specifies otherwise. The song fulfills the verbal and somatic components for a spell. You must still fulfill any other component requirements as normal.

BARDIC SONGS LIST

Call to Arms (2nd level)
Performance: Complete, 1 action

Any number of your allies who are surprised at the beginning of the combat, aren't incapacitated, and who rolled initiative lower than you can act normally on their first turn.

At 10th level, you may allow allies the ability to roll Initiative a second time. These allies use the better of the two Initiative scores. When the effects of this song no longer apply to a character, their Initiative score returns to its original position in the Initiative roster.

Countercharm (6th level)

Discordant Tut (10thlevel)
Performance: Complete, 1 bonus action

Enemies cannot take reactions until their next turn. Additionally, all hostile creatures that are concentrating on spells or similar effects must make a successful Concentration check (DC equal your spell save DC) at the beginning of their turn to avoid breaking concentration.

Elegy for the Fallen (2nd level)
Performance: Varies (see below)

If you use this song with a Performance time of “Complete, 1 Action”, you may cast Spare the Dying.

If you use this song with a Performance time of “Complete, 10 minutes”, you may cast Gentle Repose without expending a spell slot.

At 6th level, you can use this song with a Performance time of “Complete, 1 Action” to cast Revivify without expending a spell slot.

At 10th level, you can use this song with a Performance time of “Complete, 1 Hour” to cast Raise Dead without expending a spell slot. You must complete a short rest before you can use the song in this way again.

At 14th level, you can use this song with a Performance time of “Complete, 1 Hour” to cast Resurrection without expending a spell slot. You must complete a long rest before you can use the song in this way again.

Ghastly Nocturne (6th level)

You cast Animate Dead without expending a spell slot. At 10th level, you may cast Animate Dead as a 5th level spell without expending a spell slot. At 14th level, you may instead cast Create Undead without expending a spell slot. At 18th level, you may cast Create Undead as an 8th level spell without expending a spell slot. You can’t use this song again until you finish a long rest.

Marching Song (2nd level)
Performance: Ongoing, 1 hour

You and your allies gain advantage on saving throws against exhaustion. This song is travelling activity, as foraging or navigating (see PHB, p.182-183).

Song of Exclusion (14th level)

You cast Forbiddance without expending a spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Song of Magical Echoes (6th level)

When someone loses concentration on a spell, you can concentrate on that spell yourself and seize control over it. Make a Charisma check against a DC equal to 10 + that spell’s level. The spell must be of a level that you can cast. You have advantage on the check if the spell appears on the Bard spell list, and you succeed automatically if it is a spell that you know. On a successful roll, the spell is seized by you and considered cast by you. When it is seized, you may choose to have the spell continue to affect the original target(s) or area, or you may choose a new target(s) or area. You can keep concentration on that spell up to the time given by the spell’s description, minus the amount of time that has already elapsed. Note that because starting the performance of this song requires the use of your action, you need to use a Ready action when you expect an opportunity to use this song may arise.

Song of Rest (2nd level)

Song of Self-Confidence (2nd level)

Creatures of your choice cannot suffer disadvantage to their rolls.

Song of Stars (10th level)

You cast Contact Other Plane without expending a spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Song of Steel (18th level)

Allies hearing you can make an additional attack when taking an Attack action. When your performance ends, you can’t start it again until you finish a long rest.

Song of the Heart (2nd level)

At 2nd level, any creature able to understand at least one language can understand you. This is one-way communication, only able to allow those creatures to understand you as if under the effects of the Comprehend Languages spell.

At 6th level, this song allows two-way communication between yourself and others under the effects of the spell. This effect mimics the Tongues spell, but only while the song continues.

Song of the Planes (14th level)
You cast Planar Ally without expending a spell slot, with the additional option of summoning a creature of fey type. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Song of the Sky (18th level)
You cast Control Weather without expending a spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

Song of the Wild (6th level)
Performance: Complete, 10 minutes, requires concentration

Your song lures beasts to you. Choose one of the following options for what appears: one beast of challenge rating 2 or lower, two beasts of challenge rating 1 or lower, four beasts of challenge rating ½ or lower, or eight beasts of challenge rating 1/4 or lower. At 10th level, you may summon twice as many creatures. At 14th level, you may summon three times as many. You can also draw certain beasts that you can see, within the limits given above. They are indifferent to you and your allies and will follow you until you or one of your allies take hostile action against them, until you lose concentration, or until you start a short or long rest. At that moment, beasts can act in their normal manner. This song requires concentration, even after the actual performance ends. You can’t use this song again until you finish a long rest.

Stalwart Song (2nd level)
Performance: Ongoing, requires concentration, may only last for one minute in combat or one hour during travel

You may spend Bardic Inspiration dice in order to temporarily exhaustion for other creatures. For each level of exhaustion you wish to cancel, you must spend one of your Bardic Inspiration dice (no matter how many creatures you affect). This song affects extra creatures as your level increases: one creature at 2nd level, two creatures at 6th level, three creatures at 10th level, four creatures at 14th level, and five creatures at 18th level. Creatures can’t benefit from this song more often than once between long rests.

A lot of the changes are minor grammatical things and clarifications for some of the minor mechanical things that I felt that needed some adjustments. Then again, a lot of them address some of the balance issues I feel like the songs had. For example, I added some scaling benefits to several of the songs. I feel like since you'll only ever gain six songs, and many of them require multiple actions to perform, concentration, etc, several needed to be made relevant at higher levels. I also didn't personally like the the Soul Melody, though whatever works for you is awesome! :-) I just wanted to run the ideas I had past you so that you, and anyone else looking at this thread, could critique me and point out obvious flaws that I may have otherwise overlooked.

R.Shackleford
2016-08-06, 02:57 PM
Reminds me of the 4e Essentials Bard, which is a good thing.

The idea of song-vocations is the kind of thing I'm working on for my Warlock Casting Bard :)

Foxhound438
2016-08-06, 06:40 PM
Elegy for the fallen (2nd level)
You cast Gentle repose without expending a spell slot.

Song of steel (18th level, Valor College feature)
Allies hearing you can make additional attack roll when taking Attack action. When your performance ends, you can’t start it again until you finish a long rest.

So for the prior I wouldn't have it take ten minutes, specifically since the earliest resurrection spell you get has a 1 minute time limit. It would be pretty lame for someone to die at level two and have to wait until the party reaches level nine to revive them. I'd say f*** it give me a new sheet.

For the song of steel, I'm not sure the intent here... do they get a full extra attack, or do they just get to re-roll once?

if it's an extra attack, it's pretty broken, as it's haste for the full team with no limit on duration and no dead round on loss of concentration. Even coming so late, as haste is used by Gish builds for their full careers, and other casters will be glad to spend a spell slot for their barbarian to get another swing- giving it to the full team without needing a spell slot is way too strong.

Revlid
2016-08-06, 07:33 PM
I really like this as a concept. I haven't looked at the specifics yet, but the idea is really groovy.

WrittenInBlood
2016-08-08, 07:40 AM
:smallsmile: Good to see that old ideas are still discussed!

@AngryJesusMan
Thanks for the good work of correcting the rules, as non-english it's sometimes hard for me to deliver my thoughts clear. About your suggestions, I like a lot of them and am going to take them. Here's a bit of critique in exchange:

Call to arms: flat +5 is a lot, to the point I banned "Alert" feat at my current game. Consider my version, with advantage instead.
Lots of your changes are overlapping with bard spell list (EftF: Raise Dead & Ressurection/Song of the Heart), or other classes shticks which I wanted to avoid from the start (GN/EftF: True Res).
Song of the wild: read the thread again and ask yourself: how many spider do you really need? :smallwink:

@Foxhound
EftF is slightly modified now. But about Song of Steel, there's much more in Haste than you say: AC, movement, Dex save advantages, and action versatility. And 1/Long rest is similar limit to spell slot.

AngryJesusMan
2016-08-09, 01:10 PM
:smallsmile: Good to see that old ideas are still discussed!

@AngryJesusMan
Thanks for the good work of correcting the rules, as non-english it's sometimes hard for me to deliver my thoughts clear. About your suggestions, I like a lot of them and am going to take them.

Thank you. I'm glad to help.

Here's a bit of critique in exchange:

Call to arms: flat +5 is a lot, to the point I banned "Alert" feat at my current game. Consider my version, with advantage instead.

Point taken. I made a change on my original post. I added a variation on the wording. In my mind, telling a player that they have advantage doesn't necessarily mean that they need to keep track of both rolls separately, which is what I was trying to get around. Wording it the way I have now specifies that players need to keep track of two Initiative scores and makes it far simpler to switch to the other one if necessary.

Lots of your changes are overlapping with bard spell list (EftF: Raise Dead & Ressurection/Song of the Heart)...

I realized that I was overlapping with some of the Bard spell list. This isn't as troubling. My line of thinking is that allowing the Bard access to tools they already have without requiring them to dedicate as many resources to it allows them to spread their focus. To me, it would be a lot like someone playing a Bard as written in the PHB using Magical Secrets to take a spell that they already have access to. It's not necessarily optimal, but it does allow them to follow a desired path. Tying it in to a little bit of extra utility (Spare the Dying, Revivify) means that it gains a little bit of inherent value.

...or other classes shticks which I wanted to avoid from the start (GN/EftF: True Res).

Another point. True Res has been removed. Allowing Resurrection without having to prepare a slot seems good enough, I suppose.

Song of the wild: read the thread again and ask yourself: how many spider do you really need? :smallwink:

When I changed that song, I used Conjure Animals as the template. It's not overpowered as it is, but I realized that I had forgotten to include the bit about Concentration (which I corrected). I did read the thread, and I agree that too many spiders could be troublesome, but a lot of that conversation focused on including the original version of the Song of Self-Confidence, which let the spiders completely ignore low Ability scores. Changing Song of Self-Confidence neutralizes a lot of that argument. If your DM lets you use summoned creatures to build some kind of creature kingdom, that's on the DM. I don't see anything too terrible about this as it is. If I missed something, I'll be alright if someone points it out. :smalltongue:

Overall.