PDA

View Full Version : Cleansing Flame: Quick Character Build Idea

Ruethgar
2016-05-17, 12:48 PM
So i had this idea to make a character that used holy flames to heal allies and damage enemies. Preferably this would be done with a single action similar to Crusader Strike instead of Manifest Life or the like. The biggest issue I have with many theme builds is that they lack the flavor at lower levels. Eldritch Disciple gets me that blasty/healy element but lacks the fire until later levels. There is also the Redhead feat with a heavily modified Produce Flame and the Draconic Aura feat. That can get you the theme by level 3. The easiest I have been able to find, however was Spellfire. Just a fluff change and it is perfect except for that whole lack of support and effectiveness at later levels, but if I go with the Eldritch Disciple above, the Warlock can fill in once it has come online and I can leave Spellfire for when I need a burst. Two levels of Spellfire Channeler would probably work and not be that much of a determent. That 1d4+1 healing is worlds better.

Cleric 2/Warlock 1/Eldritch Disciple 2/Spellfire Channeler 2/Eldritch Disciple 3/Hellfire Warlock 2/Eldritch Disciple 5/Uncanny Trickster(ED) 3
Flaw:Spellfire Wielder
Flaw:Laborious Training
First:Sanctum Spell
Planning:Extend Spell
Third: Endurance
Sixth: Shape Soulmeld(Strongheart)

13th level cleric casting isn't bad and it keeps up the theme fairly well. Needfully evil, the hellfire could easily be refluffed to celestial fire or removed in place of more Cleric, Mystic Theurge shenaniganry, or Legacy Champion.