PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Vigilante Red Mantis Assassin Build

Tychris1
2016-05-17, 01:33 PM
So I'm going to build a Stalker Vigilante who's a noble daughter by day and a Red Mantis Assassin by night. I've got the stats, skills, and feats mostly sorted out but I'm really unsure of what talents I should take. They all seem so good. Obviously I'm going to take 5 levels in Vigilante then go into Red Mantis Assassin, so any advice on what talents I should take for my first 5 levels would be appreciated, especially since these are my only talents I'll have for a long time.

Cyrocloud
2016-05-17, 02:01 PM
I got a few questions, What books are available? What level are you starting at? What specifically are you looking to do with your character in combat?

For the stalker only talents I like, Stalker Sense, Twisting Fear and Up Close and Personal, but they may not mesh well with what you want to do. Lethal grace is always good, but 5 levels will only net you +2 to damage, which depending on how feat starved you are and what level you start at may be better replaced with something that will have a larger impact.

Tychris1
2016-05-17, 02:13 PM
Probably starting at level 6. Every pathfinder book is available, no third party. In combat I want to isolate people generally and then stab them to death with my sabres before bouncing on to a new target.

Psyren
2016-05-17, 03:06 PM
The main thing to keep in mind is that both of your identities need to be LE to keep qualifying for RMA. If your goal is to appear innocent when you're not murdering, you'll either want magical assistance, or just to drop RMA altogether and rely on your vigilante abilities.

Probably starting at level 6. Every pathfinder book is available, no third party. In combat I want to isolate people generally and then stab them to death with my sabres before bouncing on to a new target.

I think you mean "and then slice them up" - sawtooth sabres are slashing, not piercing.

Tychris1
2016-05-17, 03:13 PM
Well, won't I just not be able to use the RMA abilities while I'm in my social identity? Once I requalify for it by switching to my Vigilante Identity it should all be fine right?

And yes, I do infact mean slicing people up.

RedMetal
2016-05-17, 03:20 PM
Might want to look at Dual Identity again

"For the purpose of meeting a qualification for a feat, class, or any ability, he is only eligible if both of his alignments meet the requirements."

So yeah, if you want to qualify for Red Mantis Assassin, both your identities must be LE.

Tychris1
2016-05-17, 03:42 PM
Ah, damn. Well I guess I can be LE in both identities and just fake being good.

Cyrocloud
2016-05-17, 04:17 PM
So, you have 3 social Talents and 2 vigilante to pick from, and you want to focus more on mobile backstabbing then intimidation. I'm no vigilante expert, but I would go Renown (Common Prereq but the one I would be most likely to swap), Social Grace, and Many Guise for Social Talents. Since Red Mantis Assassin requires 4 feats, and on top of that you will need weapon finesse to hit things regularly you are stuck with taking deadly agility. That leaves really only one talent, there are a few good ones, but unless your DM allows sneak attack to be added to Up Close and Personal, Expose Weakness may be your best shot. I think you should probably go with Avenger instead of Stalker, the extra 2 BaB and being able to take signature weapon to free up a feat slot may be more beneficial then the hidden strike dice.