PDA

View Full Version : Help designing a race! :D

Laucorn
2016-05-17, 02:12 PM
So am getting ready to play in a new game this weekend and I have to design a race to play using the Pathfinder Race Building Rules. So I figured I would try to make a humorous race that was still relatively powerful thus I am going to make a race of humanoid Ooze's. For this race I have 25 points to spend and while I have a general idea of what I am going after I would like some input and suggestions since I am still mildly getting used to the race building rules. :)

http://orig10.deviantart.net/8903/f/2013/339/5/9/slime_girl_adv_by_vinogradovalex-d6wsk4e.jpg

So the idea of this race is that they are a type of Shapeshifter born out of a magical experiment involving ooze's and humanoid blood. While the species it self is technically genderless they can develop their own identity based on their personality, and thus their physical form will change and develop as they age but still have the ability to alter their appearance at will when needed.

Name: Jell
Type: Monstrous Humanoid or Aberration (3 RP) I am having a hard time deciding what they would qualify as.
Sub-Type: Shapechanger
Size: Medium (0 RP)
Normal Speed: 30 Feet (0 RP)
Ability Score Modifiers - Specialized: +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence Jell's are unnaturally sturdy and flexible, though they are not especially smart. (1 RP)
Languages: Jell's begin play speaking Common. Jells with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aquan, Auran, Elven, Ignan, Orc, Terran, or Undercommon. (0 RP)
Spell Like Abilities:
Hydraulic Push - At Will (2 RP) "Flavored to be they are launching the ooze of their body similar to the above picture"
Alter Self - At Will (4 RP)
Static Feat: Hydraulic Maneuver (2 RP) Allowed to ignore the Undine Requirement by DM for this as it would make sense as they are using their body for the Hydraulic Push.
Racial Points: 14/25

And this is what I have come up with so far. Any ideas and suggestions on how to spend the remainder of my Racial Points for be greatly appreciated. :)

Joxeta
2016-05-17, 02:53 PM
Maybe buy the Dodge feat to represent their fluidity.
I'd also give them some elemental and/or damage resistances with that many points left.
Maybe some nice spell-likes, but those can get touchy.

Sicarius Victis
2016-06-03, 04:58 AM
Aberration. Monstrous humanoids generally represent slightly more animalistic creatures.

VoodooPaladin
2016-06-04, 12:54 AM
Well, since it's an Ooze-girl, it probably should resist poison and disease. That's Healthy (2 RP).
The claim to fame of gelatinous cubes and oozes everywhere is their resistance to traditional weapons. So I'd say Damage Reduction (4 RP) is a fair choice. DR 5/magic is nothing to scoff at, especially at low levels.
Furthermore, an ooze-girl's bodily mutability can have other advantages. How about Skill Bonus: Climb & Stealth (2 RP) and Skill Training: Climb & Stealth (1 RP) to represent the various intuitive benefits of being made of prehensile, malleable liqui-flesh?
To cap it off, I'll throw in a word in for Static Feat: Improved Unarmed Strike (2 RP), to fit the picture. Jells should be good at hurting people without weapons.

Honorable mentions go out to Toxic (Paralytic Venom) and Carrion Sense - I don't put stock in them, but I'll gladly bring them to your attention.

Aberration. Monstrous humanoids generally represent slightly more animalistic creatures.

...we may or may not be well past the expiration date on this request, sirrah.