PDA

View Full Version : Confessions in character

LeighTheDwarf
2016-05-17, 02:55 PM
This is the same as the confessions thread...posting dark secrets and things that no one else sees. However, in this thread, you post as a fictional character, such as your RPG character, your fanfic/original fiction character, or just a fictional character from a story you like.

I'm a diplomat, but one of my friends has a tendency to smash everything he comes across, while the other has high ideals and a willingness to self-sacrifice. It tends to seriously complicate all our diplomatic missions. I tell them it annoys me when our missions turn into fights, but I'm secretly thrilled to have friends whose stories are worth telling.

I ran away from home to see the world, and now that I'm in a stable living situation (sort of), I like two guys, and I'm not sure which one to go for.

Asmodean_
2016-06-05, 01:12 AM
So I'm a drow that ran away from the city because I didn't want to be assassinated because drow politics etc. I've somehow found myself with a dwarf fighter and a psychopath. The elf that is not a drow is acting more like a drow than the elf that is a drow. I'm worried I might be becoming a Drizzt clone. I even used a scimitar once*

*it had more damage than magic missile and that was the only thing i had.

hand ax ranger
2016-06-05, 02:50 PM
while I might be a hero here in the village....I feel like a freak. this is beacause...I fell for the blacksmith.
what might be worse is he has a general respect for me after seeing me shielding a small child from a hail of arrows (none actually hit, but it was the act that counts) and if he found out he'd turn his back on me again. I can't help but feel guilty...because that's wrong isn't it? it's not like I don't like women....it's just I want to be with him.

Bartmanhomer
2016-06-06, 03:30 PM
This is the same as the confessions thread...posting dark secrets and things that no one else sees. However, in this thread, you post as a fictional character, such as your RPG character, your fanfic/original fiction character, or just a fictional character from a story you like.

I'm a diplomat, but one of my friends has a tendency to smash everything he comes across, while the other has high ideals and a willingness to self-sacrifice. It tends to seriously complicate all our diplomatic missions. I tell them it annoys me when our missions turn into fights, but I'm secretly thrilled to have friends whose stories are worth telling.

I ran away from home to see the world, and now that I'm in a stable living situation (sort of), I like two guys, and I'm not sure which one to go for.

Out of Character: All right you've inspired my confession thread. :smile:

In character: Stan Club: I'm very arrogant just like my father.

Lethologica
2016-06-08, 09:06 PM
It wasn't my fault, baba. She died while I was wailing in the midwife's arms.

Our clan-members so often would tell me, Aishe, you look just like her. Her face, her eyes, her smile. They told me stories of her, all wit and warmth and wisdom, and I drank them in. I performed her roles on stage, when we dazzled gaping gaje with our plays. I dreamed of her, who gave me life, and dared to think I kept her alive as well.

They told me of you too, baba. A cheerful, daring rogue you were, striding into towns a jaunty step ahead of the kumpania, and fleeing them a step ahead of whistle-blowing shanglo. You loved the bottle even then, they said, but it was in celebration of life's gifts: a wild sky, a bustling market, a guileless mark, a close companion. And the greatest of these was an elfin, green-eyed girl, whose voice brought you to tears when first you heard it raised in song.

I knew they told my mother’s stories as a kind of grieving. I never thought to wonder why they told me yours. I only thought what any daughter might: her passing tore a hole in you, and filling it would heal.

I tried to be there for you, baba. To be her for you, baba. And how was I to know? I looked for love, and found rage instead.

The night I fled you called me changeling, demon-child, and it hurt more than your fists. Was all my love and care merely mockery of hers, to you? Do I look so twisted through the bottom of a glass?

I keep a mirror handy, now, and it has served me well. But often I retrieve it simply to reassure myself that I still have my face. Her face. But not her hair--that russet brown is yours. And I see you in my skin.

It isn't my fault, baba...is it?

Telonius
2016-06-09, 01:30 PM
My current Cleric...
Sorry, good buddy Olidammara, I really messed up there. When the zombies attacked that other god's chapel, I did make sure to save the bar across the street - and to make sure all the people holed up there remembered where it was they were really safe. But I should have stayed around for the after-party instead of going right on to track down the necromancer's lab right afterwards. Plenty of loot there, but there's no reason I couldn't have had both. You know me, always going after the shiny coins. Please help me remember that true greed isn't just about the gold pieces.

comicshorse
2016-06-10, 06:04 PM
Count Jacob Corleone-Sigmar (WFRP)
I've accidentally become part of a Tszeentch cult

Velaryon
2016-06-14, 11:09 AM
People think I'm a fearless, cocky badass because I drive fast, shoot first, and talk trash while blasting music the whole time. But the truth is I'm scared all the time and I have no idea how I've lived this long on my own. And I don't think anyone actually likes me.

I would never say this out loud in a million years, but <party Necromancer whose name I can't remember right now> isn't that bad of a guy. He's gotten us out of more than one jam when he could've cut and run, and he doesn't smell half as bad as I claim he does.

Bartmanhomer
2016-06-17, 09:41 PM
Charlotte Heart: I never told anyone this before but my whole family and myself are psychic.

Scarlet Knight
2016-06-18, 08:45 PM
Long John Silver: "Ye may not know, lad, but I acquired me name from Admiral 'awk's daughter..."

Bartmanhomer
2016-06-18, 09:46 PM
Nancy Spade: I used to be a goth in my teenage years.

TheChelaxian
2016-06-25, 08:19 PM
This was my very first character in Pathfinder, the AP Council of Thieves to be exact: Izarast Livalen, a male demodand-blooded tiefling cleric of Calistria.

I argued with the ranger's gorilla companion. His name was Boo. Because of our ... friendship, I wasn't given any respect from the others. Didn't help that I was conveniently possessed by a spirit of clumsiness and completely made a fool of myself in that infernal shadow-dungeon under the lord-mayor's manor. If it weren't for me blowing those Shadows apart with my goddess' blessings, I'd have never survived with those morons. The dead halfling caught in the weird staircase was a hoot, though.

Amaril
2016-06-25, 08:58 PM
I killed my master.

After Kell died, she...she changed. I saw, I knew it, I just...I didn't want to admit it. It didn't seem possible. She'd lost patients before, I'd seen it happen, and she never once lost sleep over any of them. And then suddenly Kell was gone, and she wasn't the same. She'd told me she'd sworn never to marry, that it was stupid for a Devoted to get attached like that, but I saw how they were together. I think back, and it seems like it all happened because she couldn't stand knowing that she failed to save him.

She started shutting me out, even more than usual. She wouldn't let me help treat other patients. She started to lose more--I was never allowed to see their bodies. I told myself she was just grieving, and it was affecting her work, that she'd get better.

One day, she was treating a man with an infected wound in her still-room. She came upstairs covered in blood, with the look I knew meant another lost one. Except when she went to change clothes, I heard a noise from down the stairs, like someone in pain. I went to look.

The man was laid out on the table, his chest and belly sliced open, peeled back. I could see his organs. He was still alive. I watched him breathe his last.

She found me down there. Tried to justify it. Said we couldn't be expected to heal people if we didn't know how the body worked. She claimed this was necessary. I asked her how many. She wouldn't say.

I threatened to tell someone, to have her captured. She said no one would believe me over her. She was right, and I knew it. She was the master, respected--I was just the acolyte. She said people needed her, that they knew I could never take her place. That I was too weak. She said they'd seen how sick I got, looking at wounds. No one would move against her on my word.

So I had to do it myself.

She turned around, and I went up behind her, and I...

I did what I had to. I did the right thing.

Balmas
2016-07-05, 02:41 PM
I'm afraid it's true. I waltz around, Major Straight Arrow, and work to maintain order in the small town I run. The truth is, back during the war, I was more of a promotional character. I was a major in the army, yes, but it was in title only. I was a radio character, to keep the morale of the troops up. Even now, I have to wonder what will happen if people ever found out.

SirKazum
2016-07-05, 02:58 PM
I like letting people think I use fire to solve most problems because I'm a priest of elemental Fire. But the truth is, I simply like setting stuff on fire :smallbiggrin:

Bartmanhomer
2016-07-13, 08:55 PM
Kyle Heart: I'm a drow who's also a romantic.

Lethologica
2016-07-13, 10:33 PM
I killed my master.

After Kell died, she...she changed. I saw, I knew it, I just...I didn't want to admit it. It didn't seem possible. She'd lost patients before, I'd seen it happen, and she never once lost sleep over any of them. And then suddenly Kell was gone, and she wasn't the same. She'd told me she'd sworn never to marry, that it was stupid for a Devoted to get attached like that, but I saw how they were together. I think back, and it seems like it all happened because she couldn't stand knowing that she failed to save him.

She started shutting me out, even more than usual. She wouldn't let me help treat other patients. She started to lose more--I was never allowed to see their bodies. I told myself she was just grieving, and it was affecting her work, that she'd get better.

One day, she was treating a man with an infected wound in her still-room. She came upstairs covered in blood, with the look I knew meant another lost one. Except when she went to change clothes, I heard a noise from down the stairs, like someone in pain. I went to look.

The man was laid out on the table, his chest and belly sliced open, peeled back. I could see his organs. He was still alive. I watched him breathe his last.

She found me down there. Tried to justify it. Said we couldn't be expected to heal people if we didn't know how the body worked. She claimed this was necessary. I asked her how many. She wouldn't say.

I threatened to tell someone, to have her captured. She said no one would believe me over her. She was right, and I knew it. She was the master, respected--I was just the acolyte. She said people needed her, that they knew I could never take her place. That I was too weak. She said they'd seen how sick I got, looking at wounds. No one would move against her on my word.

So I had to do it myself.

She turned around, and I went up behind her, and I...

I did what I had to. I did the right thing.
i'm trying to write another confession and i can't but i just want to say ahhhhhhhhh this is so gooooooood

Bartmanhomer
2016-07-13, 10:36 PM
Eric Spade: I'm a good drow who's happen to be a sociopath.

Amaril
2016-07-13, 10:43 PM
i'm trying to write another confession and i can't but i just want to say ahhhhhhhhh this is so gooooooood

Aw, shucks :smallredface: I've been worried Avren's backstory is too edgy, so I'm glad to hear you think it's well-done.

Bartmanhomer
2016-07-13, 10:49 PM
Sarah Diamond: I'm used to be near-sighted and I always wear glasses but I used magic to enchaced my vision. With that, I don't need to wear glasses anymore and I got 20/20 vision.

Bartmanhomer
2016-07-26, 05:55 PM
Rochelle Heart: I have a romantic crush of Drizzt.