PDA

View Full Version : Writing Glass Wings on a STON Angel (RWBY OC Fanfic)

AkazilliaDeNaro
2016-05-17, 03:49 PM
A couple months ago i wrote a small fanfiction for RWBY and never got around to posting it, if my "Latest Started Threads" is anything to go by.
So, here it is.

Glass Wings on a STON Angel

"Just as you are the light that lets these blind eyes, see,
I will be the wind that keeps your glass wings aloft."

Beacon Academy
Team STON dorm room
7:00 PM, Saturday

I am sitting at my desk, facing the window, finishing adjustments on my Nature’s Breakers, a pair of Shock Gauntlets, when Onyx walks in.

“Hey, Slate.” Onyx says to me, his Aura is in complete disarray, I’ve never Seen it like this before. I put my Shock Gauntlets away and turn around to face him. He is carrying some papers on a clipboard.

“What is it?” I ask concerned.

“It’s about Tara. She’s in the infirmary.” He says. I am halfway out of the room before he finishes the sentence.

“What happened?!” I demand, I have to fight to stop myself from running.

“She was attacked, they don’t know by who yet.” He explains, walking with me.

“What are her injuries?” I ask when we got to the infirmary.

“Her body is fine, but…” He pauses, his Aura distorts even more.

I stop and turn toward him, “What happened to my sister, Onyx.”

“Look, you know how she never managed to get her aura to cover her entirely.” He starts explaining.

“No” I say backing away in disbelief, as my Perception starts blurring. I can’t focus enough to maintain it fully.

“Her attacker, who ever it was, focused their attacks on a single area.” he continues, his voice almost clinical.

“Stop” I say, tears streaming down my face. as I realize what he is saying.

“Her wings are broken.” he says finally, as my Perception winks out.

For the first time in 11 years I am truly blind.

“The doctors say it could be several weeks before she can move them again and, a few months for them to return to full strength.”

I sit down on the ground not trusting my legs, “She won’t be able to fly.” I say.

“That’s what the doctors think, yeah.”

“Help me up, and take me to her, I can’t see right now.” He picks me up and and walks me over to her bed.

“Here we are.”

I activate my perception, and look at the bed. I See my sister unconscious, with her wings wrapped up and bound to her back. This sight angers me as I realize someone caused this. I look at her Aura, I See residual flakes of someone else's Aura. I recognize it immediately.

“Burgen Williams” I snarl. as my Perception tints red.

“What, was that?” Onyx asks.

“Burgen Williams, leader of Team BLOD, He did this.” I say. “And he’s gonna pay for it.”

I pull out my scroll, and send a message to him, telling him to meet me outside Beacon in 15 minutes.

Beacon Academy
Entrance Plaza
7:17 PM

I stand outside Beacon for 5 minutes before Burgen finally shows up. When he enters the range of my Perception, I focus on him. He still has the remnants of my sisters Aura on him.

“What’s the big deal, calling me out here at this time of night? Oh, I know you want to beg for my-” he starts saying.

“Shut up.” I snap, “Burgen Williams, did you know my sister is in the infirmary, because of you?”

“Who?” he asks genuinely confused

“Tara Carter, the girl with wings, is currently hospitalized because of your actions.” I say.

“Oh, right, the birdy.” He says casually. I See in his Aura that he feels nothing about this.

“Did you know that you broke her wings, that she won’t be able to use them at all for several weeks.” I snarl, my Perception starts tinting red.

“Huh, ya don’t say.” he says.

“Do you know she won’t be able to fly now? Do you even care?”

“Not really, so if we are done here there is somethi-”

“Oh we aren’t done here. Not ‘till you understand what you have done.” I say reaching behind me and putting on my Nature’s Breakers.

“And how are you gonna make me do that?” he asks pulling out his weapon, a Japanese kanabo, as far as I could tell.

“I figured I would remove your Aura.” I say as I charge at him.

He shoots a blast out of his Kanabo, I dash to the side to dodge it, only to run into his next swing, and get launched back.

“What’s the matter can’t take the heat?” he laughs. my Perception tints red, but I force back my rage.

I charge at him again, and shoot a bolt of lightning from my Gauntlets, he tries to block with his weapon, but the metal in it just assures that he gets hit. I close in next to him and find the Shatterpoints in his Aura. There are 7 of them in total. He has recovered by now and hits me with the butt of his weapon. I take the hit and strike one of the Shatterpoints. I send a little shock into it. and strike two more shocking both times. He punches me in the face, his fist loaded with Kinetic energy, courtesy of his Semblance. It knocks me far enough back for him to have swinging room.

“What were those? Bee stings?” He says swinging his kanabo in circular motions.

“Give it a minute.” I say jumping into a roll, and springing up to hit him in his thigh, another Shatterpoint.

He manages to swing into my back with the full force of his kanabo. I am forced forward as he steps aside. I drop and spin with my leg out, tripping him. As he falls I hit the Shatterpoints in his chest and neck, shocking both times.

As he starts to get up I lean over him and say, “Do you feel that? That partial vertigo feeling. It’s as if you are falling, but not quite. You can tell something is wrong but you just don’t know what.”

“What did you do to me, you blind freak?” he shouts.

“I hit all but one of the weak points in your Aura, and once I hit that last one, it will shatter like an expensive vase. But don’t worry it will come back eventually, but until then you won't be able to use your Aura or your Semblance. I just wanted to give you this one chance to apologize, and beg forgiveness. You do that and I might show leniency. So, what’s it going to be?” I explain.

“Screw you, Freak.” He says.

“So be it.” I say and strike the final Shatterpoint, pouring my gauntlets full charge into it.

“Once my sister’s wings are healed then, and only then, will I restore your Aura.” I say to him as he blacks out.

So, what did you think?