PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Fiendish Plots: A Few Adventure Seeds

Grytorm
2016-05-18, 12:14 AM
Hello, I have accumulated a few ideas of what to do with Fiends. Mostly those leaning towards the Chaotic end of the spectrum. And I wanted to share what I'd come up with and see if anyone thinks they are cool. I have this listed as Pathfinder because I am using their different variants of evil outsider as the main focus.

They don't strike that much of a menacing figure. The supposedly elder Daemon, gaunt and ashen skinned is impeccably honest. And his so called brother makes a wonderful variety party guest. Truthfully they are the most reliable soul traders in town. Offering good prices to the impoverished for their soul, along with guarantees on the eternal reward, the souls they buys are never to be eaten or destroyed, guaranteed. None of the other soulmongers can be trusted to protect their clients. And none of them can guarantee lifetime service like the Daemon Brothers. In fact, they are the oldest business in the city. Before they arrived around, two hundred years ago, nobody bought and sold their immortal souls on the open market. Really goes to show the wonders of commerce.

Edit: I will be adding a few more of these. Just don't have the dedication to do it all at once.

Grytorm
2016-05-18, 12:48 PM
Okay I am no longer trapped by a cat, so I can write up the rest of my ideas.

When the foul Kings were driven out a holy order was established to safeguard the city. They took the old prison as the keep and the order has resided there ever since. Forty years ago they found something dangerous from the time of the Kings. Within an oubliette below their fortress they found a Babau Demon who had been used as a torturer by the old kings. He shared this information freely as well as other bits of information about the other dangers the order might encounter. Since then the masters of the order have relied on their font of knowledge. Especially their newest leader, grandson of the former master, who finds himself out of his depth when dealing with the evils of the world. Who finds himself leaning more and more on the political advice of his fiendish prisoner.

Goblin raids made goblin bodies. The dead walked in the town, but eventually they found a solution. They took all the dishonored dead, the goblins and their criminals and locked threw them into the mandatory cave system near the town. Eventually they appointed a caretaker for their mass grave. Eventually, the caretaker took an important role in the town. His became one of the local priests, and his successors learned the dark magic of Kabiri (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Kabriri). The goblins have stopped being a nuisance, and the ghouls are kept under control. Coming out once a year to celebrate the coming of winter. The Priest may be a little creepy, but he and his adopted daughter are friendly enough. And anyway they don't do anything bad, they even drive off the demons who slip through their necropolis into the real world. Ensuring the safety of the village

Nobody knows why their presence is tolerated, the pack of demons running through the countryside. Leaving a few dead bodies here or there. But interference has been forbidden by the Angel which ensures they do not overindulge themselves while on the mortal plane. Eventually a wizard is able to bind a Quasit who can tell him what is going on. The demons are hunting their own kind. A band of Demonic apostles, cast out of the Abyss for their worship of the Qlippoth. But here they have found the trail of one of the ancient Abyssal lords, a monstrous outsider called the Thousand Eyes. Nobody, demon, mortal or angel wants to see the abomination unleashed. Because when it was finished with the world it would undoubtedly leave carve a swathe of destruction as it sought the embrace of its kin.'

Some quick notes about pathfinder fiends. Daemons are NE seek to destroy all life and commonly devour souls. Even fiendish outsiders detest them. Demons are mostly the same, but focused on destruction and arise from mortal souls combined with the matter of the Abyss. Qlippoth were the first inhabitants of the Abyss before mortal life corrupted their world with sin, very similar to the other Demon race from the Fiendish Codex I. They seek to destroy the demons and work towards this goal by eliminating mortals when they are able to.