PDA

View Full Version : Mind over Water (Prc)

TheLogman
2007-06-26, 12:13 PM
Hydrokineticist
{table] Class Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort Save | Reflex Save | Will Save | Special | Bonus PP's
1st | +0 | +2 | +0 | +0 | Manifest the Chill, Solid Body |+3
2nd| +1 | +3 | +0 | +0 | Chilling Touch, Water Adaptation | +5
3rd | +2 | +3 | +1 | +1 | Ice Bolt | +5 |
4th | +3 | +4 | +1 | +1 | Chilled Steel | +5 |
5th | +3 | +4 | +1 | +1 | Assigned Path, Control Plants/Cone of Cold | +7
6th | +4 | +5 | +2 | +2 | Frozen Body/Liquid Body | +7
7th | +5 | +5 | +2 | +2 | Ice/Mist Walk | +7 |
8th | +6 | +6 | +2 | +2 | Mass Domination/ IceQuake | +9
9th | +6 | +6 | +3 | +3 | Destroy the Cells | +9
10th | +7 | +7 | +3 | +3 | Ice/Water Lord | +9
[/table]

Water, it is everywhere, from the air we breath, to the water inside us. A Hydrokineticist realizes this, and quickly learns to manipulate that water to a great extent. Often regarded as as cold as the Ice and water they work with, the members of this prestige class take pride in their mastery of Ice, and eventually water. Hydrokineticists are divided into two separate factions, depending on alignment. Lawful Hydrokineticists continually work with Ice, as solid as their alignment, whereas Chaotic Hydrokineticists move on to work with Water as free as themselves.

Hit Die: d6

Requirements:

Alignment: Any Lawful or Chaotic
Knowledge (Biology): 1 Rank
Knowledge Psionics: 1 rank
Capable of using third level powers.
Special: Must have some connection to Water or Ice, a near death experience involving it, heritage relating to water, have visited the Plane of Water, ect.

Class Skills:

Concentration (Con), Craft (Any) (Int), Knowledge (Biology) (Int) , Knowledge (Psionics) (Int), Psicraft (Int), and Swim (Str).
Skill points at each Level: 2+Int Modifier

Class Features

Weapon Proficiency: Hydrokineticists gains no proficiency with any weapons or armor

Power Points: A Hydrokineticist gains power points per day according to the above chart, and gains bonus power points according to the key ability score for their primary ability.

Powers Discovered: A Hydrokineticist discovers no new powers, but learns Psionic Attack and Defense Modes as if he were a Psychic Warrior of the same level.

Manifest the Chill: The Hydrokineticist can draw water from the air and their own body to form a ball of Chilled Water. The Chilled Water does 1d6 Cold Damage to any object or creature desired when touched. The Unarmed Attack required to affect a creature with the Chilled water is not counted as armed unless the Hydrokineticist's Unarmed Attacks are usually counted as armed. The Hydrokineticist can use this Supernatural ability as long as they have 1 PP left or more.

Solid Body: A Hydrokineticist has trained in the art of solidifying water within their own body, and can at will grant themselves DR 5/Bludgeoning, but take double damage from Fire, and be unable to move from the square they are in. This Spell-Like ability can be called upon as long as the Hydrokineticist as 11 Power Points or more Remaining.

Chilling Touch: By taking a Move-Equivalent action, the Hydrokineticist can activate this spell-like ability to deal 1d6 cold damage, and cause a slow effect (Fort Save, Dc 14) on any creature they can make an unarmed attack against. Whenever a Hydrokineticist uses this ability, their unarmed attacks counts as armed. This Spell-like ability can be uses as long as the Hydrokineticist has 9 or more Power Points remaining.

Water Adaptation: A Hydrokineticist gains a swim speed of half their land speed, or 20 feet, whichever is better. The Hydrokineticist can take 10 on Swim checks even when threatened or under stress. The Hydrokineticist also gains a +5 Circumstantial bonus to checks avoiding Drowning or Dehydration.

Ice Bolt: The Hydrokineticist can manifest a Sphere of Super-chilled ectoplasm that deals 3d6 cold damage on a successful ranged touch attack. Each Ice Bolt costs 3 PP to manifest.

Chilled Steel: Any metal weapon that the Hydro wields is counted as having the Freezing burst Special ability.

Assigned Path:Once a Hydro reaches level 5, they are assigned a path according to their alignment, Chaotic Hydros walk down the path of water, and receive water-based abilities for the rest of their progression, while Lawful Hydrokineticists gain Ice-based abilities.

Control Plants: Chaotic Hydrokineticists learn how to control the water inside plants and plant-creatures, which allows them to use the spell Control Plants as a supernatural ability twice a day. The caster level for the Supernatural ability is any Psionic class levels, plus levels of Hydrokineticist, plus 5.

Cone of Cold: Lawful Hydrokineticists gain this ability, which allows them to use the spell Cone of Cold as a supernatural ability twice a day. The caster level for the Supernatural ability is any Psionic class levels, plus levels of Hydrokineticist, plus 5.

Frozen Body: Lawful Hydrokineticists gain immunity to Cold effects, DR 10/-, and a +2 unnamed bonus to Constiution. These supernatural are only active if the Hydrokineticist has 9 or more Power Points remaining.

Liquid Body: Chaotic Hydrokineticists gain a swim speed of 40, immunity to dehydration and drowning, and a +2 unnamed bonus to Constituiton. These supernatural effects function only if the Hydrokineticist has 9 or More power Points remaining.

Ice/Mist Walk: Beginning at 7th level, the Hydrokineticist can use this Spell-Like ability to literally walk on air. They move at their normal speed in all directions, including up and down, cannot move more then double their speed in a round. A Mist walker leaves clouds of mist in their tread, while an Ice Walker leaves snowflakes in their tread. A Hydrokineticist must pay 1 power point for every 10 feet traveled in this way. A Lawful Hydrokineticist Ice Walks, whereas a Chaotic one Mist walks.

Mass Domination: By controlling the water inside living creatures, a Chaotic Hydrokineticist gains the ability to use the Mass Domination power once per day, even if he would not usually be able to manifest that power. The Hydrokineticist must pay the full cost for the power, and may not augment it. The caster level for the Supernatural ability is any Psionic class levels, plus levels of Hydrokineticist, plus 5.

IceQuake: By Freezing the water inside the ground, a Lawful Hydrokineticist may once per day, use this supernatural power to create an effect like the spell earthquake. However, every creature caught inside the radius of the effect also take 4d6 Cold Damage. The caster level for the Supernatural ability is any Psionic class levels, plus levels of Hydrokineticist, plus 5.

Destroy the Cells: A Hydrokineticist may use this spell-like ability to affect the water inside a person's very cells, causing them to die a horrific death. The target, who must be within 30 feet of the Hydrokineticist must make a Fortitude save against DC 16 (The DC is changed to 19 for creatures with the Aquatic subtype, and changed to 22 for Water Elementals) or Die instantly. On a successful save, the target takes 2d8 points of Cold damage. Lawful Hydrokineticists use this ability to freeze the water inside the cells of the target, causing them to burst, one by one, whereas the Chaotic Hydrokineticist Churns the water inside the target, causing their organs to burst, one by one. A Hydrokineticist must pay 13 power points each time they use this ability.

Ice/Water Lord: A Chaotic Hydrokineticist may become a Water Elemental of their size for 30 minutes each day, whereas a Lawful one may become a Frozen Terror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2814003#post2814003)of one size smaller than their size for 30 minutes each day. This effect is supernatural.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Penguinizer
2007-06-26, 12:16 PM
Ice lord needs a bit of clarifying. you forgot to type what Lawful characters turn into.

Reptilius
2007-06-26, 12:18 PM
Bonus PPs and powers discovered seems like a waste of space...why not just say "+1 of manifesing class"? I like it though. I can imagine a nearly-drowned wilder taking this PrC.

Also, better names. Hydrokineticist for chaotic characters, Cryokineticist for lawful ones.

TheLogman
2007-06-26, 12:31 PM
Penguinizer, I know, I Don't have any fancy Monster books, and can't think up any good Ice Monsters, That's why I need your help. And the Bonus powers and PP's are less than a standard Manifester, they are bringing down their manifesting power for these other cool things. And the Cryokienist is in like FrostBurn, and according to the mighty Tribble, is terrible. I will take Hydrokineticist.

TheLogman
2007-06-30, 04:33 PM
Bump. Hello? Does nobody like my prestige class?

Poppatomus
2007-06-30, 04:40 PM
It's interesting Logman, I just know so little about psionics it is difficult for me comment on single abilities, let alone a whole class. For the lawfuls, if you can't come up with a good ice monster (I can't either) why not make one of your own? You did a damn fine job with the spiders and I'm sure you'd do the same here.

TheLogman
2007-06-30, 09:40 PM
Check it out, I stated up a new monster, the Frozen Terror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2814003#post2814003)

Hranat
2007-07-13, 04:09 PM
The prerequisite shouldn't be 'base powerpoints per day' but rather 'capable of using X level powers'...

besides, prestige classes are supposed to be limited to players of at least 5 level. the rest is nice

JackMage666
2007-07-13, 04:20 PM
Can't say much about it, since I use Expanded Psionics Handbook, as do alot of people. Might want to upgrade it so.

TheLogman
2007-07-13, 05:37 PM
Right then, upgraded to 3.5.

I fear it might be a little too powerful, so I eliminated the ability to learn new powers, making him similar to the newer Pyro.

Sir Conkey
2007-08-16, 02:40 AM
Nice work, I like the name to, has a nice ring to it