PDA

View Full Version : Player Help my take on a Dark Sun homebrew mul

spartan_ah
2016-05-18, 08:11 AM
Half dawves are a breed between human and dwarf, I used the half elf chasis to build them

+2 to CON and +1 to 2 other stats.
poison resillience: you have resistance to poison and advantage on poison saving throws

darkvision: 60'

wild talent: choose 2 mystic talents, INT is your casting stat.

what's your opinion?

TuesdayTastic
2016-05-18, 08:20 AM
You should probably post this in the homebrew thread rather than here. Your post might get removed because it is in the wrong area.

indemnity
2016-05-26, 11:20 PM
Only a slight issue with the three racial modifiers. Your idea would make it the most stat buffed race in the game.

Most races only have one +2 and one +1. Some only have two +1 (human variant, minotaur).

Most comparable is mountain dwarf which also has two +2, but they don't get a choice.

Your mul could start at level 1 with three 16 (+3) racial stats.

Malifice
2016-05-26, 11:24 PM
Only a slight issue with the three racial modifiers. Your idea would make it the most stat buffed race in the game.

Most races only have one +2 and one +1. Some only have two +1 (human variant, minotaur).

Most comparable is mountain dwarf which also has two +2, but they don't get a choice.

Your mul could start at level 1 with three 16 (+3) racial stats.

cough*half elf*cough

MrFahrenheit
2016-05-27, 09:02 AM
Half dawves are a breed between human and dwarf, I used the half elf chasis to build them

+2 to CON and +1 to 2 other stats.
poison resillience: you have resistance to poison and advantage on poison saving throws

darkvision: 60'

wild talent: choose 2 mystic talents, INT is your casting stat.

what's your opinion?

May be a bit overpowered...I'd never pick either regular dwarf over this option.

EDIT: here's why...
If I put +1 wis and +1 str, I'm virtually equal to either full dwarf, and all I've truly given up on is the hill dwarf's bonus hp; the mountain dwarf's armor bonuses can be made irrelevant depending on class, and though it's not +2 str, I'm still getting another +1, so the math balances out. And then I've got mystic talents on top. Freedom to select stat increases is powerful in itself, so I'd recommend doing away with that. Since your talents are int based, howabout just +2 con, +1 int for stats?

spartan_ah
2016-05-27, 10:03 AM
I want to give the mul the human feeling of variety.
Maybe I'll drop the wild talent and give the skills instead.
My basis was half elf chassis when replacing the skills with cantrips with the SCAG variation.

spartan_ah
2016-05-27, 10:05 AM
May be a bit overpowered...I'd never pick either regular dwarf over this option.

EDIT: here's why...
If I put +1 wis and +1 str, I'm virtually equal to either full dwarf, and all I've truly given up on is the hill dwarf's bonus hp; the mountain dwarf's armor bonuses can be made irrelevant depending on class, and though it's not +2 str, I'm still getting another +1, so the math balances out. And then I've got mystic talents on top. Freedom to select stat increases is powerful in itself, so I'd recommend doing away with that. Since your talents are int based, howabout just +2 con, +1 int for stats?

can't up say the same about tiefling or dragonborn? comparing to half elf?
how would you that?

MrFahrenheit
2016-05-27, 10:12 AM
Not sure I understand your question.

Remember though that there's another half breed race if you're going for comparisons.

spartan_ah
2016-05-27, 10:17 AM
Not sure I understand your question.

Remember though that there's another half breed race if you're going for comparisons.

how will you make a mul with versatility due to his human heritage?
I dislike giving him +1 to INT since they are mostly a race of slaves, and it's thematically inappropriate to my view.

MrFahrenheit
2016-05-27, 10:41 AM
how will you make a mul with versatility due to his human heritage?
I dislike giving him +1 to INT since they are mostly a race of slaves, and it's thematically inappropriate to my view.

Why does he receive the versatility? Half elves get it on account of being well traveled and familiar with a variety of locations/cultures/etc.

Note that half orcs do not.

Change the bonuses as necessary, but you don't have to make a near-carbon copy of the half elf stat boosts is what I'm saying.