PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Rogue Assassin Multiclass Vs Prestige Class

CptSatisfaction
2016-05-18, 10:53 AM
Hey everyone! I am currently playing a level 5 rogue using 3.5e and no xp penalty for multiclassing, and want to go assassin from here. I had a look at the assassin class and it is much better IMO then going the prestige class, however I am very new to multiclassing (first attempt) and not sure if I am missing something important. If I am able to multiclassing I probably wouldnt jump back to rogue but if I have to prestige then I will only go a few levels ending on a odd number to get the bonus sneak dice.

Thoughts?

Flickerdart
2016-05-18, 10:56 AM
There is no base class called Assassin in first party D&D 3.5. What is the source you are using?

CptSatisfaction
2016-05-18, 11:06 AM
Have to post the link this way as I havnt hit 10 posts yet and it wont let me post links :P

dandwiki.com/wiki/Assassin_(3.5e_Class)#Shadow_Vision

Is the class base I am using. Probably third party then? If the DM is happy to run in then do you think it is a better option?

CptSatisfaction
2016-05-18, 11:14 AM
My current build is Whisper Gnome Race, I have TWF and Weapon Finesse and high dex. Generic dual daggers rogue. That assassin class gives you finesse for daggers at 1 and TWF for daggers only at 2. I spoke with my DM and he said he is happy for me to shift around my feats and take something else from 1-5 so I dont waste feats I will get for free from this point onwards.

weckar
2016-05-18, 11:17 AM
That class is a homebrew. Most stuff on dandwiki is.

CptSatisfaction
2016-05-18, 11:21 AM
If my DM allows it do you think that a multi class into it is too strong and he will regret his decision? It seems it will be quite more powerful then the standard prestige class

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-18, 11:36 AM
That class looks really complicated, partially due to the formatting, but also because it has several lists of fancy abilities, with a whole new set of descriptors. I'd sooner play a swordsage/psychic warrior or rogue/wizard/unseen seer or something, but if you are new to all subsystems, you might as well try that assassin.

CptSatisfaction
2016-05-18, 11:43 AM
Well I havent looked into swordsage/psychic warrior or rogue/wizard/unseen seer yet, after a character death in the party someone else went rogue as well and is going down the unseen seer path I believe, and has all of the disable device skills and such, So i asked the DM if i could change things up and just go down a damage/assassin path so I dont need to focus on a lot of those skills as much. I like the idea of a assassin character and have a cool back story in mind. Do you have a build you could suggest?

weckar
2016-05-18, 11:45 AM
Please let us know how it goes with your DM. :smallwink:

CptSatisfaction
2016-05-18, 11:52 AM
Yeah il see at the start of next week and see how the first session goes! Thanks for all the help :smallsmile:

Troacctid
2016-05-18, 03:50 PM
The assassin class you found is a random thing that some random person made up. It's not from an official source, and it's as valid as anything you might make up yourself, which is to say, not very valid.