PDA

View Full Version : You Died. Now What? (IC)

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 12:09 PM
I have explained why you were brought here. Do you accept, young souls? the deva says, its voice deep and booming.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?488500-You-Died-Now-What-(OOC)

Link back to the OOC.

Illven
2016-05-18, 12:17 PM
Lucy gives a small nod.

Yes, everyone knows being a hero means rescuing those in peril. And who's more in peril then someone trapped in the lower plains.

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 12:21 PM
Then go, with Blessing of Celestia, it says, and Lucy feels buoyed by a strong wash of magical power. Leather armor clads her form, and a sword appears at her side, as well as an instrument strapped to her back. You will find that your potential in life is revealed after your death.

Illven
2016-05-18, 12:36 PM
Then go, with Blessing of Celestia, it says, and Lucy feels buoyed by a strong wash of magical power. Leather armor clads her form, and a sword appears at her side, as well as an instrument strapped to her back. You will find that your potential in life is revealed after your death.

So I always had the potential to be a bard... I knew I should have picked up the lute!

2016-05-18, 01:03 PM
Janell responded without hesitation. "I accept," she replied, pondering the great responsibility being given to her. She hoped she could live up to it...

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 01:05 PM
Then take the blessings of agility and precision, the deva intones. A bow appears, slung over Janell's back, and a rapier at her side. A large shield appears on her arm, perfectly designed to shield both herself and others.

2016-05-18, 01:16 PM
Janell draws the shield...and the rapier as well, almost as an afterthought. She gives both a few test swings, to get a feel for their weight.

Estralita
2016-05-18, 04:16 PM
Ander jumped a little at the booming voice. Where was he?! Wasn't he helping to plow, and then-

But no, he was fine. He didn't have any broken ribs. He wasn't breathing in blood. He was...Dead?

But Ander's train of thought was derailed by what the voice was actually saying. Was it really offering a quest? A real heroic quest? And awaking his true potential? And giving him a chance to make a real difference?

"Yes, please."

Because, really, what else could he say?

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 04:18 PM
The deva smiles kindly. You too will have the blessing of Celestia's music, he intones, and a veritable one-man band appears around Ander's body.

Checkmate-Pony
2016-05-18, 04:31 PM
The emaciated corpse that was Psilandros Khalk would stagger like a dying animal in the sand suffering from tremens and the sores of a parched and cracked mouth.

Barely holding itself up on one knee, with nothing left in it's breath to speak the Minotaur nodded at the majestic being

"I will change the future, with or w'out your help" He managed to rasp patheticly as if his audacious words had any gravity to them.

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 04:33 PM
And to you, the blessing of Celestia's might. Now-are there any last questions before I send you to the pits of darkness that is the Nine Hells?

Estralita
2016-05-18, 04:36 PM
Ander fumbled the instruments slightly. "A bard? Really? That's my potential? Not that I'm complaining!" he added hastily, plucking awkwardly at the stringed instrument. "Bards are adventurers, and that's amazing! It's just...really?"

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 04:38 PM
You will need a source of solace and respite while in the Hells. Music is a powerful force.

Checkmate-Pony
2016-05-18, 04:44 PM
kneeling in exhaustion before the angel he pleaded:

"I don't understand" he said, everything was going so fast.

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 04:46 PM
What do you not understand, child? Is your mission not clear?

Checkmate-Pony
2016-05-18, 04:48 PM
"What is the nine hells? how can someone be trapped in so many diffirent places at once?

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 04:49 PM
The Nine Hells are where Devils reside. A place ruled by Asmodeus. It is a place of infernal evils and torment, where no good soul should be.

Checkmate-Pony
2016-05-18, 04:52 PM
Psilandros got to his hooves with great effort "Then take me there, if I must, I'll prove the world wrong about me"

Estralita
2016-05-18, 04:55 PM
Ander slowly got to his feat. "Huh. It's just... I never thought of myself as being musical." He attempted to start playing the thing (a lute?) when he saw the minotaur. "Hey, are you okay?"

Checkmate-Pony
2016-05-18, 05:02 PM
The Minotaur looked back at him, it resembled more an undead than anything alive, thin and malnourished, skin hairless and red as if burned by the sun.

It looked scared at the Bard: "I'm tired... I do not want to push the wheel around anymore" he pleaded in agony, almost childishly as if Ander knew what the wheel was, but working it had turned him into such a sorry state.

Illven
2016-05-18, 05:39 PM
Lucy had started jamming out on her own lute, the strings starting to come naturally to her fingers.

Do you know where in the nine hells our goal is?

JNAProductions
2016-05-18, 05:56 PM
I know not, other than deep within the Hells. I wish I could give you more information, but alas, I am limited in my knowledge.

Checkmate-Pony
2016-05-19, 10:53 AM
The minotaur would raise his head and speak more and more clearly, as if he was slowly recovering moment by moment.

"Then take us there, Ghost"

2016-05-28, 06:11 PM
Janell shifted in place, wondering what to do next.

JNAProductions
2016-05-28, 07:15 PM
The angel stood in deep concentration, then held its hands out. A swirling brimstone void began to appear in front of it, opening to reveal a portal to the Nine Hells.

Illven
2016-05-28, 07:27 PM
Shall we go? Lucy asked starting to move towards the portal.

Estralita
2016-05-28, 09:55 PM
Ander snorted. Bard of not, an adventure was an adventure. "Let's do this!"

2016-05-28, 10:04 PM
Janell readied her shield before walking through the portal.

JNAProductions
2016-05-29, 11:15 AM
The group quickly finds themselves covered by intense heat, a brimstone sky above and muddy brown rocks below. Off in the distance, they can see the peaks of a city, and far to the east, a river winds its smoky way through the realm of Avernus.

Illven
2016-05-29, 11:40 AM
Okay.... So.... Any idea where in Battor we are? Lucy questioned her comrades.

Estralita
2016-06-08, 02:16 PM
"I've sent my entire life in a farming village. Don't ask me."