PDA

View Full Version : Toggle Demonic power?

tjvbull
2016-05-18, 12:31 PM
So, I've been wondering for a while, if it is possible to gain demonic powers in a toggle form, kind of like a rage, or a Shifter's Shift by RAW. If so, or anything similar, could someone explain it to me?

(I thought of putting this in the questions thread, but it seemed a bit too meaty for it.)

Flickerdart
2016-05-18, 12:35 PM
What do you consider "demonic power"? This is what the game says about demon traits:

Demon Traits
Most demons possess the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Immunity to electricity and poison.
Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.
Summon (Sp): Many demons share the ability to summon others of their kind (the success chance and type of demon summoned are noted in each monster description). Demons are often reluctant to use this power until in obvious peril or extreme circumstances.
Telepathy.

Presumably, this is not what you mean.

The demonbinder (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070430a&page=3) is capable of temporarily adopting powers themed after specific demons, as well as getting permanent bonuses similar to the generic demon traits above.

daremetoidareyo
2016-05-18, 12:41 PM
Wrest possession feat? Go collect a high power fiend to possess you, max out that will save and use all of his slas

tjvbull
2016-05-18, 12:43 PM
What do you consider "demonic power"?
I'd say something along the lines of something similar to the Fiendish Template. Something that gives demonic abilities, and demonic features, like a partial transformation into a Demon.

Preferably in a manner similar to a Shifter, or a Black Blood Cultist's Rage.

tjvbull
2016-05-18, 12:53 PM
Wrest possession feat?

I'll have to give this a proper look, it definitely looks promising, though it seems to be temporary, and not easily able to be turned on and off.

ShurikVch
2016-05-18, 01:12 PM
Fiendbinder PrC (Tome of Magic) get Gift of the Archfiend CF which is mostly what you ask, except at really high level (about 16th) and depend on Truespeak check
Thrall of Kostchtchie PrC (Dragon #345) get Fiendish Rage CF which give Fiendish Creature template while raging; still about ECL 13
Visage of the Deity spell line for Evil deities (Spell Compendium)
Investiture spell line (Fiendish Codex II)
Planar Embrace power (Complete Psionic)

tjvbull
2016-05-18, 01:16 PM
Fiendbinder PrC (Tome of Magic) get Gift of the Archfiend CF which is mostly what you ask, except at really high level (about 16th) and depend on Truespeak check
Thrall of Kostchtchie PrC (Dragon #345) get Fiendish Rage CF which give Fiendish Creature template while raging; still about ECL 13
Visage of the Deity spell line for Evil deities (Spell Compendium)
Investiture spell line (Fiendish Codex II)
Planar Embrace power (Complete Psionic)

Oh? Thank you! I'll look all of these over, and see which ones are the best options for what I'm trying to build. The Thrall looks best though.

Telonius
2016-05-18, 01:19 PM
Fiendform (from Spell Compendium) is a spell that can do something like this. Minutes per level, turns you into any fiendish creature, devil or demon from Summon Monster I-IV.

Devils, specifically, not demons; but Lesser Infernal Transformation and Infernal Transformation (also from SpC) can turn you into a Bearded or Bone Devil for rounds/lvl.