PDA

View Full Version : Psion Movement (grounded) 3.5

Falcii
2016-05-18, 02:14 PM
So i am playing in a campaign (low to middling optimization) where for various reasons nobody is going to pick up flying. still i would like for rp reasons to have some crazy movement capabilities. currently i am level 4 about to ding 5 and i am a straight ego psion (yes i know nomad would be better for movement but im also playing off-healer).

So i am wondering what way can i get the most ground movement in a single turn on level, stable and open terrain? (ps i am synad so base speed 30)

so far i am thinking skate for +15 move speed, then hustle as swift then triple move speed with an anklet of translocation at the end for an extra 10 feet.

(30+15)*3+10=145 feet one turn

Feel free to correct me if i jacked that up.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-18, 02:20 PM
So i am playing in a campaign (low to middling optimization) where for various reasons nobody is going to pick up flying. still i would like for rp reasons to have some crazy movement capabilities. currently i am level 4 about to ding 5 and i am a straight ego psion (yes i know nomad would be better for movement but im also playing off-healer).

So i am wondering what way can i get the most ground movement in a single turn on level, stable and open terrain? (ps i am synad so base speed 30)

so far i am thinking skate for +15 move speed, then hustle as swift then triple move speed with an anklet of translocation at the end for an extra 10 feet.

(30+15)*3+10=145 feet one turn

Feel free to correct me if i jacked that up.The horned helm from the MIC doubles your movement rate, which doubles all bonuses as well. The rapid wrath weapon, from Ghostwalk, also doubles your speed. Unlike dice bonuses, speed doublings stack, so Y x 2 x 2 = 4Y, rather than 3Y. Now add in additional bonuses to speed, such as from a pair of boots with the horseshoes of the zephyr speed enhancements (using UPD to activate 1/hour), and you're golden. Horseshoes. Golden horseshoes. Made of boots.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-18, 04:35 PM
If you can get Speed of Thought and the Freedom Mantle, you can get +20' to your speed while psionically focused, 10' per ability.

Falcii
2016-05-18, 05:03 PM
The horned helm from the MIC doubles your movement rate, which doubles all bonuses as well. The rapid wrath weapon, from Ghostwalk, also doubles your speed. Unlike dice bonuses, speed doublings stack, so Y x 2 x 2 = 4Y, rather than 3Y. Now add in additional bonuses to speed, such as from a pair of boots with the horseshoes of the zephyr enhancements (using UPD to activate 1/hour), and you're golden. Horseshoes. Golden horseshoes. Made of boots.

yeah... i have the gold of a 5th level character... so the 38000 gold for horned helm isnt really feasible for me right now. the Rapid weapon looks interesting though. ill definitely take a look there. i cannot however find a non mount based horseshoes of the zephyr anywhere. Is this meant to be on my mount, because we arent using those either lol.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-18, 05:39 PM
yeah... i have the gold of a 5th level character... so the 38000 gold for horned helm isnt really feasible for me right now.Look again. You're 30,000 gp too high there, buddy. It's only 8,000.

the Rapid weapon looks interesting though. ill definitely take a look there. i cannot however find a non mount based horseshoes of the zephyr anywhere. Is this meant to be on my mount, because we arent using those either lol.Just use the rules from the MIC to add the horseshoes' ability to a pair of boots. The ability still requires that you be race: horse, but that's what the UPD check is for. 1/hour, you'll need to use a UPD check to emulate a race (DC 25), and you'll keep that effect up. Might as well add on the horseshoes of speed and zephyr both, so you get the effects of both for a single UPD check. Then later on, add on the horseshoe effects from Savage Species that grant +10 to Int and such. Much cheaper than a +6 Int headband.

DrMartin
2016-05-19, 01:43 AM
if you want some more non-item based options, along what ExLibrisMortis wrote above: as an egoist i'm going to assume that your first 4th level power will be metamorphosis. One of the forms you can take right off the bat is a very young white dragon, which even if we leave aside the impressive flight speed (150), gives you a base land speed of 60, along with burrow 30 and swim 60.

If you GM allows you to take levels in a psionic-flavoured paragnostic apostle, you can get dimensional awarness to improve by 10 all speed modes and bonuses to speed granted by spells (and powers).

also, have a psicrystal. Have it take dragontouched and draconic aura [swiftness], for +10 to your swim and burrow speeds (still assuming flight is off limits, and still talking about 7th level. Before that is just +5)

So, as a skating dragon with speed of thought you get base speeds of land 105', burrow 50, swim 80, before factoring in items

Fizban
2016-05-19, 03:15 AM
I don't have speed advice, but thought I'd point out that Complete Psionic has healing powers that actually target people other than yourself. They're mantle powers, but you can pick them up with Expanded Knowledge like anything else.

Manyasone
2016-05-19, 06:47 AM
Also, The 3.5 mind's eye theatre PrC Sangehirn (I think) for healing purposes