PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF - Fallout 4 Technological Weapons in Pathfinder?

unseenmage
2016-05-18, 03:27 PM
Just like it says on the tin, am looking for analogues to or already made homebrew for Fallout 4 weapons in PF.
I've been playing tons of Fallout and we're about to start a new Iron Gods playthrough so I thought the combination could be pretty sweet.

Specifically interested in...
- Gatling Laser
- Railway Rifle
- Cryolator
- Power Fist
- Junk Jet
- Syringer
- Fat Man
- Mr. Handy Buzz Blade

Was looking at home brewing them up when it occurred to me that someone else might have already had the same idea; though my Google-fu wasn't up to the challenge of finding it.

Would these all by definition have to be Exotic weapons?

unseenmage
2016-05-18, 04:33 PM
Alternatively, a list of the tech weapons by Build Points would be great too.

Serafina
2016-05-18, 04:42 PM
You ARE aware that Pathfinder has rules for technological items and weapons, and that they actually do a decent job of showing it a salvaged technology?
You can find the technological weapons here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/technological-weapons), and it has a bunch of analoges to the weapons you mentioned:
- the Cryolator is well-comparable to the Zero Rifle.
- there laser rifle is automatic, and scaling it up into a heavy weapon isn't hard.
- there is a railgun. it accepts any junk, but just using metal of specific shapes is a decent drawback
- this also kinda works for the junk jet
- there is a dart gun. it's one-handed, but if you want a two-handed version that's easy to make
- there is no fat man per se, but that's basically just a souped-up rocket launcher anyway
- there is a chainsaw, but other than that the melee weapons aren't that well-represented. You can however do technological versions of magic items, if that is wanted.

unseenmage
2016-05-18, 05:37 PM
You ARE aware that Pathfinder has rules for technological items and weapons, and that they actually do a decent job of showing it a salvaged technology?
As this is our second time through the Iron Gods AP? Yes. Yes I am aware.

You can find the technological weapons here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/technological-weapons), and it has a bunch of analoges to the weapons you mentioned:
- the Cryolator is well-comparable to the Zero Rifle.
- there laser rifle is automatic, and scaling it up into a heavy weapon isn't hard.
- there is a railgun. it accepts any junk, but just using metal of specific shapes is a decent drawback
- this also kinda works for the junk jet
- there is a dart gun. it's one-handed, but if you want a two-handed version that's easy to make
- there is no fat man per se, but that's basically just a souped-up rocket launcher anyway
- there is a chainsaw, but other than that the melee weapons aren't that well-represented. You can however do technological versions of magic items, if that is wanted.
Thank you for some excellent advice.

Today has not been kind to my brain. I have been banging my head against the Creating New Weapons rules all day with only a migraine as a result.
My apologies if it seems I am wasting someone's time by posting this thread. I wouldn't if I didn't need the help I assure you.

Will keep at it in any case as I need to wrap my head around these rules and have some custom tech weapons for a first level Magus (and her Sorcerer sister) by Sunday.
It's just... sometimes the goo inside my skull refuses to do what I need it to.

Bohandas
2016-05-18, 05:48 PM
You could check out D20 Modern: Weapons Locker, D20: Modern: Future, and/or Call of Cthulhu D20. They have extensive firearm weapon stats and rules, some of them sci-fi-ish (though those are mostly in Future)