PDA

View Full Version : The Witch Class (5 archetypes/1 spell)

impersonater
2016-05-18, 10:45 PM
I put a little bit of time into this and wanted some feedback on balance and whatnot. I think the class is slightly stronger than your average casting class, but is often limited due to requirement of preparation in spell casting and a lot of power being bound to a location.

I also wanted to design a class that would be useful for DMs to incorporate as baddies.

drive.google.com

/open?id=0B_fO9drMhlUeZXFTemRjTTk5aHc

I'm new and too lazy to post 10 new posts to make a link. :frown:

jSan263
2016-07-15, 10:44 AM
I put a little bit of time into this and wanted some feedback on balance and whatnot. I think the class is slightly stronger than your average casting class, but is often limited due to requirement of preparation in spell casting and a lot of power being bound to a location.

I also wanted to design a class that would be useful for DMs to incorporate as baddies.

drive.google.com

/open?id=0B_fO9drMhlUeZXFTemRjTTk5aHc

I'm new and too lazy to post 10 new posts to make a link. :frown:

Hey this looks pretty awesome!

nonsi
2016-07-16, 01:24 AM
Don't know much about 5e and balance, but as far as inspiration and theme go, this is a marvelous piece of work.

Just 2 notes:
1. Black magic's 9th level spell says "power word will". Is that intentional?
2. I didn't see any instance of Baleful Polymorph anywhere - a recurring story element associated with witches (nature magic seems most appropriate). Massmorph is another effect I've encountered from time to time.