PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Half-Dwarf [Final go-over (PEACH)]

bunnynoah
2016-05-18, 11:27 PM
I'm reposting this race just to check to see if it is good for play. Let's take a final look, shall we?

Half-dwarves are the result of a rare love between a male dwarf and a female human. The original mul were conceptualized by an ancient civilization and they were used as slaves to the empire. Many rebelled the tyranny they were forced into which resulted in the successful downfall of their overlords. After so, many of them wandered the lands, searching for their purpose.

Tireless travelers
Half-Dwarves have the uncanny ability to work for days on end without needing a wink of sleep. They owe it to the same people who enslaved them, as they hypothesized that a human and dwarf would produce such a result. Those who choose to travel often do so into the nights and mornings after going for so long. For this, they often value efficiency and urge any companions to follow suit, though usually failing in doing so.

Just the right stuff
Half-Dwarves vary from one another, but usually retain a balance between human and dwarvish appearance. Standing between the height of their parents, they're well built and highly muscular. They have skin ranging from pale to dark, and eyes of brown, green, or blue. Their hair can be brown, blond, black, or even red, with men often sporting beards, though not as impressive as their father’s.

Total Score [6.5]
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2 and two other ability scores of your choice both increase by 1.
Age. Half-Dwarves live similar lifespans to dwarves, reaching relative maturity in their 20s, being considered adults around age 50 and living around 230 years.
Alignment. Half-Dwarves tend to be neutral with lawful leanings.
Size. Taller than their dwarven parent, but shorter than their human one, half-dwarves reach a fair 5 feet tall and weigh up to 200 pounds. Your Size is Medium.
Speed. Your base movement speed is 30 feet. Your movement is not slowed by heavy armor.
Darkvision. You have darkvision out to a range of 60 feet.
Dwarvish Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.
Tireless. You only need to sleep for 6 hours once every three days, instead of once every 24 hours. You also have advantage on Constitution saves against exhaustion.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish.

bunnynoah
2016-05-19, 09:05 PM
Any comments whatsoever?

Venardhi
2016-05-20, 02:20 AM
There isn't much to say really. This is pretty much exactly what most would expect from a Half-Dwarf; no more and no less. It is well balanced but doesn't offer players or DMs much to get excited about. That isn't to say it isn't a worthwhile effort, but not all homebrew is going to set the world on fire. There simply isn't much to say.

bunnynoah
2016-05-20, 05:19 PM
I was just wondering if it was to under/overpowered. It's mostly for RP purposes.

Venardhi
2016-05-21, 02:43 AM
I'm a fan of giving half-breed races social bonuses to account for their outsider perspective and experiences. I don't think it is entirely necessary in this case however.

Gr7mm Bobb
2016-05-21, 10:52 PM
You did good with your intentions and honestly i see my wife really enjoying this. Definitely bookmarked though.

bunnynoah
2016-05-23, 06:03 PM
Thanks, Gr7mm Bobb!