PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Agent of the Horsemen of Death as a PC

KoyukiTei13
2016-05-19, 01:00 AM
So I've come up with this little idea of my world being plagued with the appearance of the 4 Horsemen, who are bosses the PCs have to fight. I also had the idea that one of my PCs would work for the enemy, and she loved the idea.

She's masquerading as a Bard, with Rogue abilities, weapons, etc. Her character is an Ahjkashan, a Drow descendant who worship a deity other than Lolth, who was kidnapped by Drow at an early age and trained to be one of them. She was returned to her people to prevent the Bloodmoon Prophecy from occurring, a prediction that the Ahj will overcome the Drow's religious persecution with the help of a child born on the Bloodmoon (this 'child' was trained for over 100 years in the art of Blood Magic under the clerics of Eilistraee and is slightly older than the PC in question). War is possessing a Drow warrior leader (title to be determined), and Pestilence is possessing a politician far far away. The PC will be the vessel/agent for Death, the most neutral Horseman.

The first Horseman, Famine, that the PCs will face is an encounter planned for level 4 and is a Halfling Wild Magic Sorceress.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the plot work around this subterfuge. A lot hinges on PCs, of course, but I would like some ideas on how to start some sort of encounter: a discussion, fight, debate, awkward silence, etc.

Also, would it be a good idea to ask the other PCs to make checks against performances by the Bard for suspicious behavior?