PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Voice Changing Software

Scyrner
2016-05-19, 01:46 AM
Does anyone know of any good voice-changing software? I'm trying to make some audio-logs for a game I'm running and I was hoping to find something that would let me record my voice and then alter it, without needing to get a degree in sound editing and engineering.

RyumaruMG
2016-05-19, 02:17 AM
Audacity is free, has some built-in filters, and lets you tweak stuff a bit besides. Haven't really messed around with it in regards to that last part, but it seems intuitive enough. There's probably a few tutorials on YouTube as well.

If you need more characters, I recommend getting some non-game friends to help out. Time permitting I'd also be happy to volunteer!

Recherché
2016-05-19, 02:21 AM
I don't know of any voice changing software but I wouldn't mind helping out with recording if you want an American 20-something woman.

Cernor
2016-05-19, 10:52 AM
I'm going to second the Audacity suggestion. It's free, simple to use, and it works well enough for simple filters.

I used it for the first time for a session earlier this week, and the stunned silence at the table was well worth the hour or so spent tweaking the lines I recorded.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-19, 11:28 AM
I feel obliged to plug Praat (http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/praat/), which may be pretty ugly, but it's also easy to script, in case you want to process, say, 500-5000-50.000 lines all the same way. If you press a series of buttons, and then use 'Paste History' (ctrl-h) in a script window, it pastes the commands of the actions you performed, which you can then use as a sort of batch file (set up a loop and it's even easier). Praat is free and open source.

Scyrner
2016-05-19, 10:12 PM
I picked up Audacity, going to see if I can figure out how to get it to work for my goal. If not, I might take you guys up on your offer to record some stuff.

Thanks a lot.