PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Recommendations For Pathfinder

Bobbyjackcorn
2016-05-19, 12:51 PM
Hey! So, I'm an experienced 3.5 player making a character for a Pathfinder game and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for what to play. I don't like casting spells, but enjoy any abilities that are at-will, I prefer strong and charismatic characters, and have an admittedly dumb attachment to vampires.

DrMartin
2016-05-19, 01:10 PM
for you class choice, is it pure pathfinder or 3rd party stuff is allowed? if so, you could try the warlord, pathfinder's charisma-based adaptation for the 3.5 warblade.

To give you a fix for your vampire fascination, try the dhampir race, seasoned to taste with a couple of alternate racial traits (heir to undying nobility and vampiric empathy, for instance)

Florian
2016-05-19, 01:22 PM
Hey! So, I'm an experienced 3.5 player making a character for a Pathfinder game and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for what to play. I don't like casting spells, but enjoy any abilities that are at-will, I prefer strong and charismatic characters, and have an admittedly dumb attachment to vampires.

Sorry, but thatīs too broad an requirement. Most PF classes go the route of 3/4 BAB and 6th level spellcasting in one way or another, allowing a broad approach of play styles.

Psyren
2016-05-19, 02:37 PM
First-party PF tends to avoid at-will abilities. Usually it's a "soft at-will" like Witch Hexes that can be used all day but not on the same target that day. PF is philosophically a proponent of the adventuring day as a unit of design.

If you want true at-will abilities in the vein of Incarnum, Binding, Maneuvers, Invocations etc., you'll probably need to incorporate quality third-party like Dreamscarred Press, Radiance House and Drop Dead Studios.

Manyasone
2016-05-19, 02:46 PM
First-party PF tends to avoid at-will abilities. Usually it's a "soft at-will" like Witch Hexes that can be used all day but not on the same target that day. PF is philosophically a proponent of the adventuring day as a unit of design.

If you want true at-will abilities in the vein of Incarnum, Binding, Maneuvers, Invocations etc., you'll probably need to incorporate quality third-party like Dreamscarred Press, Radiance House and Drop Dead Studios.

This.
And for clarification purposes, DSP has reworked both Psionics and Initiators 'edit' AND the Incarnum system or as they call it Akashic Mysteries; RH is reworking Pact Magic (3.5 binders) (still waiting for unbound) and DDS made Spheres of Power, which I personally find loads better than Vancian Casting.