PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder The seductress niche; What all fills it?

Xuldarinar
2016-05-19, 04:00 PM
Within pathfinder, what all fulfills the role of seductress in various groups (daemons, demons, aberrations, fey, ect.)?
Succubus is the most obvious, which covers one for demons, but what about other things?

In addition, what group of creatures doesn't have that niche filled but you think could or even should?

List
Dragon: Bronze/Gold/Silver/ect. (Potentially. These are listed because of Change Shape.)
Fey: Satyr
Outsider (Azata): Gancanagh
Outsider (Daemon): Erodaemon
Outsider (Demon): Succubus
Outsider (Kyton): Ostiarius

Gildedragon
2016-05-19, 04:02 PM
Nymphs, satyrs, fauns... For the fey
Bards for PCs

Âmesang
2016-05-19, 04:16 PM
+1 if the character doesn't rely on magic.

"Only ugly people use enchantments…"

khadgar567
2016-05-19, 04:57 PM
Nymphs, satyrs, fauns... For the fey
Bards for PCs

You know paizo needs dancer as class so bard returns his proper gimnick which is most annoying class in game

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-19, 05:51 PM
The paladin. Immune to poisons and diseases, and based on Charisma, paladins are the whores of the gods.

Xuldarinar
2016-05-19, 06:07 PM
What of daemons? devils? other fiends? celestial entities? creatures of the dark tapestry, or other aberrations? so on and so forth?

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-19, 06:22 PM
What of daemons? devils? other fiends? celestial entities? creatures of the dark tapestry, or other aberrations? so on and so forth?Paladins are utterly bereft of one of the most critical emotions for survival: fear. I'd say that qualifies them as aberrations; wouldn't you?

Xuldarinar
2016-05-19, 06:27 PM
Paladins are utterly bereft of one of the most critical emotions for survival: fear. I'd say that qualifies them as aberrations; wouldn't you?

No. Aberrations can know fear.

And, oozes are immune to fear as well. Shouldn't paladins then be oozes?

inuyasha
2016-05-19, 06:32 PM
No. Aberrations can know fear.

And, oozes are immune to fear as well. Shouldn't paladins then be oozes?

So... who wants to stat up Sir Squish, the Gelatinous Cube-valier?

Also, I'd like to point out for daemons that there was an article written a long time ago by somebody theorizing that Erinyes and Succubi are both actually a type of daemon in disguise, and that their true form was a weird humanoid leech, but that they could seduce basically anyone.

Psyren
2016-05-19, 06:39 PM
Some Azata are described as seductive/flirtatious, e.g. Lillends and Gancanaghs.

+1 if the character doesn't rely on magic.

"Only ugly people use enchantments…"

Joke's on you, I use illusions :smallbiggrin:

Paladins are utterly bereft of one of the most critical emotions for survival: fear. I'd say that qualifies them as aberrations; wouldn't you?

Being immune to something and not feeling it are two different things.

Xuldarinar
2016-05-19, 06:45 PM
So... who wants to stat up Sir Squish, the Gelatinous Cube-valier?

Also, I'd like to point out for daemons that there was an article written a long time ago by somebody theorizing that Erinyes and Succubi are both actually a type of daemon in disguise, and that their true form was a weird humanoid leech, but that they could seduce basically anyone.

I found the perfect picture for that (here (https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0291/88/1388521929120.jpg), because it is too big)

Well, that covers the three primary fiendish races.

So, what about aberrations? I could see them, if they exist, being associated with Shub-nigurath. But.. doesn't mean they have to be.

And.. what about the higher planes? Surely good must have caught on at some point that it sells.

Slithery D
2016-05-19, 06:52 PM
Erodaemons

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-19, 06:59 PM
What fills the seductress niche? Dragons. Always dragons. There's a reason there are so many half-dragon everythings around.

Because size does matter.

khadgar567
2016-05-19, 07:01 PM
#issei_hyodou he is the reason i made demon hunter class

Xuldarinar
2016-05-19, 07:20 PM
I just made a list of some, influenced by the comments here. Erinyes are not in the list in the original post because: "Yet despite their beauty, erinyes are not seducers—they lack the subtlety and patience required for such fine emotional manipulations, and instead vastly prefer to solve their problems with swift and excruciating violence."

I did however put in some forms of dragon. Though, most half-dragons are by magical experiment, not by dragons and other creatures...

Frosty
2016-05-19, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't classify Nymphs as a seducer. They may be lusted after, but they don't seduce as part of their modus operandi. I mean, a succubus uses Sex as a weapon and a means to an end. Pleasure Devils in 3.5 work that way too. I don't see Nymphs being RPed that way from their monster manual entry. In fact when you look at one you might go blind!

khadgar567
2016-05-19, 07:39 PM
Did any one try to think this
Lets say party goes in to tavern for staying paladin goes in to his room and starts praying and suddenly hears sounds from next room goes to check whats going on and founds his warlock buddy banging one of the local priestess. So he uses detect evil and to his shock no evil ping on good old radar asks whats going on with aura of truth and to his shock priestess revels to be working as divine ( lets not name this part) on local church
Think about the brain bleach on paladin poor sap just betrayed by his own order