PDA

View Full Version : Pseudonatural "Insert Aberration here". Factible?

Val666
2016-05-20, 10:26 AM
Hey guys, just a minor doubt. Im a Druid going into Planar Shepherd of Xoriat and I was wondering, since planar shepherd can wild shape into templated creatures and most inhabitants of Xoriat are aberrations. I can ws into all those aberrations applying the pseudonatural template to them? I mean...pseudo beholder would be like...:v

Thanks in advance for your replies

Val ;v

Flickerdart
2016-05-20, 10:31 AM
Planar Shepherds can only change into templated creatures if those templates made the creature into a magical beast. Beholders start as aberrations and stay as aberrations after becoming pseudonatural, so you can't do this.

Val666
2016-05-20, 10:06 PM
Thanks for your reply Flickerdart! I'll go cry in a corner now, ty u.u

Malimar
2016-05-20, 10:15 PM
Planar Shepherds can only change into templated creatures if those templates made the creature into a magical beast. Beholders start as aberrations and stay as aberrations after becoming pseudonatural, so you can't do this.

I don't see any exception for aberrations to the "type changes to outsider" clause on either pseudonatural creature template. Wouldn't a pseudonatural beholder be an outsider?

Which of course doesn't help the planar shepherd any, because it's still not a magical beast.

Val666
2016-05-21, 04:08 AM
Let me cry u.u Any recommendation? I'd really like to choose Xoriat as my plane but I can't wild shape into nearly anything :c

Divide by Zero
2016-05-21, 04:23 AM
Planar Shepherd 9 lets you turn into Outsiders, so you'll get it eventually. For other options, there's always Dal Quor for 10x time, Fernia to turn into an Efreet for free wishes, or Lamannia for free Extend Spell and the biggest list of wild shape options if you want something less wildly abusive.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-21, 07:56 AM
Hmm... how would Aberrant Wildshape play into all of this?

mabriss lethe
2016-05-21, 04:06 PM
Hmm... how would Aberrant Wildshape play into all of this?

^this: Aberrant Wildshape should give you what you need.

Vizzerdrix
2016-05-22, 02:32 PM
^this: Aberrant Wildshape should give you what you need.

Yay! Im helpful :smallsmile:

Val666
2016-05-22, 10:02 PM
Yeah ahhaha i know about Aberrant Wildshape. Just wanted to know if Planar Shepherd could do the trick