PDA

View Full Version : Books?

Caxton
2007-06-26, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to make a powerful level 20 paladin. What books do you reccomend I look at?

PlatinumJester
2007-06-26, 04:21 PM
Book of Exalted Deeds. It's lame but if you are a paladin it's worth getting.

MeklorIlavator
2007-06-26, 04:24 PM
Complete Champion is supposedly meant for paladins( among others).

Amiria
2007-06-26, 04:26 PM
Complete Divine and other books that have lots of [Divine] feats. Make good use your turning abilities. Some PrCs like the Hospitaler are also good.

Complete Warrior for the Cavalier PrC. Makes you really good at Mounted Combat, but doesn't advance your other Paladin abilities, which doesn't matter that much since the best stuff is in the first 2-5 levels.

Book of Exalted Deeds for more [Divine] and [Exalted] feats. Also for the Fist of Raziel PrC.

Complete Champion ? I guess yes, but I don't know the book.

Champions of Valor ? (a Forgotten Realms sourcebook). I believe that it has some nice Paladin PrCs and interesting substitution levels.

SpikeFightwicky
2007-06-26, 04:31 PM
Complete Warrior for the Cavalier PrC. Makes you really good at Mounted Combat, but doesn't advance your other Paladin abilities, which doesn't matter that much since the best stuff is in the first 2-5 levels.

Complete Warrior also has some good Divine feats, mainly combat oriented (Divine Might gives you a Charisma mod sized bonus to damage for a round). Not to mention the extra smiting feat if that's your thing.

PHBII also has some Divine feats, one of them gives you and everyone within something like 10-20 ft. temporary HP equal to your character level.

Caxton
2007-06-26, 04:47 PM
Ok thanks. The cavalier sounds interesting. I want my char to be focused on mounted combat.

Caxton
2007-06-26, 04:48 PM
Ok thanks. The cavalier sounds interesting. I want my char to be focused on mounted combat.