PDA

View Full Version : Morph Warrior

Callix
2007-06-26, 04:15 PM
This is another PrC for the Animorph (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44643) class by Duchess_of_Elysian. This one centres around combat in-morph at the cost of morphing skill and versatility.

Prerequisites: Battle Morph, base Will save +6, base attack bonus +5, Power Attack.

HD: d8
Skill points/level: 4 + Int modifier
Class Skills: Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble.
The Morph Warrior
{TABLE=head] Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Special

1st |
+0 |
+2 |
+0 |
+2 | Battle Feat, Battle Morph

2nd |
+1 |
+3 |
+0 |
+3 | Wild Rage 1/day, Morph Focus

3rd |
+1 |
+3|
+1|
+3|Battle Feat, Power Morphing

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Wild Rage 2/day, Morph Focus

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Morph Mastery, Natural Fury, Greater Rage Battle Morph [/table]

Battle Feat (ex): The morpher gains a bonus fighter or monstrous feat in each of its battle morphs. These feats are selected independently, but a morph can only have a feat if it meets all its prerequisites.

Battle Morph as the animorph ability of the same name.

Wild Rage (ex): After taking damage whilst in a battle morph, the morph warrior can choose to enter a rage as a barbarian. They cannot demorph while raging. They can rage once per day at second level, and twice per day at fourth level.

Morph Focus (ex): Each time you gain this ability, choose one of your battle morphs. You gain +1 to all attack and damage rolls with this form's natural weapons, and a +2 bonus on Will saves to control your morph. A natural 1 is not a failure on such saves for this morph.

Morph Mastery (ex): You automatically control all your battle morphs. You may still benefit from the Trust the Eagle feat. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with natural weapons in battle morphs. This stacks with Morph Focus.

Greater Rage (ex): The benefits from Wild Rage increase to +6 to Strength and Constitution and +3 to Will saves. The penalties are unchanged.

Natural Fury (ex): You can expend one rage usage as a swift action to enter a rage, without the benefit of Greater Rage, in any form, including your natural one.

This one's a bit Rachel...

Callix
2007-06-27, 06:21 PM
No-one got anything to say? You think it's a totally stupid idea? Say so and put me out of my misery. Please?

Ivius
2007-06-27, 06:28 PM
Not bad. My only concern is the potential for cheese if you select Human as a battle morph.

Callix
2007-06-27, 06:36 PM
Not really. You need at least 5 levels of a class with BAB as wizard to qualify, so the extra stuff is only a payback for what you lost as pure fighter in attack bonus and feats. Still, I'll put natural attacks in. *edits*

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-28, 07:56 PM
I like it. And it does remind me alot of Rachel and her grizzley morph.

Callix
2007-06-28, 09:04 PM
Realised I forgot HD and skills... :smallredface: *edits*.

Duchess_of_Elysian
2007-06-29, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah, definitely Rachel. I kept picturing that scene in Book 7 when she morphs the bear for the first time and just goes crazy. Perfectly captured, I like it a lot.

Triaxx
2007-06-29, 09:14 AM
I love the idea, but I can see some nasty Druid combos. Battle Rage, with Natural spell? An Ironskinned Grizzly charging enraged with Greater Magic Fang? Nasty.

Callix
2007-07-01, 03:47 AM
Triaxx: Well, first you have to multiclass to a low BAB, no-casting class for at least 5 levels. Then burn levels on this non-casting PrC. And why couldn't the party buff you up before you rage? Also, you can't cast spells while raging. So I think it's pretty balanced.