PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mystic Wildshape Ranger?

Palanan
2016-05-22, 10:46 AM
Is there a way to build a combination mystic ranger/wildshape ranger in Pathfinder?

The Shapeshifter archetype from the APG seems a pale echo of a wildshape ranger, and I don't know if there's any kind of parallel to a mystic ranger in Pathfinder. How close can you get to a 3.5 mystic wildshape ranger, using only Pathfinder rules?

Grod_The_Giant
2016-05-22, 10:51 AM
Feral Hunter. Wild Shape, medium magic, and combat skills.

Florian
2016-05-22, 10:53 AM
How close can you get to a 3.5 mystic wildshape ranger, using only Pathfinder rules?

You simply can´t. The basic rules how any "shape" works in PF is so far removed from it worked in 3.5, so simply won´t find any way to replicate that.

Palanan
2016-05-22, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant
Feral Hunter. Wild Shape, medium magic, and combat skills.

Very nice, thank you. I can manage without the Feral Focus, but the wildshape aspect is much better than the UA version.

And I'm not that familiar with the hunter, but it looks like the spellcasting is indeed similar to the mystic ranger. Very nice indeed.

Florian
2016-05-22, 01:21 PM
And I'm not that familiar with the hunter, but it looks like the spellcasting is indeed similar to the mystic ranger. Very nice indeed.

The Hunter is better or worse than then regular Ranger based on the actual campaign you´re participating it.