PDA

View Full Version : Let's... Heroic Fantasy RPG Looking for Testers/Readers!

SadisticFishing
2016-05-22, 10:47 AM
Hi fellow humanoids in the Playground,

I've been working on designing a heroic fantasy RPG for a long time, now. It's become apparent that I now am going to need some opinions of complete strangers! I've gotten opinions from semi-strangers before (acquaintances and local gamers), but I want to widen my net.

Anyone who's interested in taking a peek at my rules document is very welcome! Let me know if you have any interest.

The current test involves the first 5 levels (of 21) and contains the following classes: Champion, Berserker, Knave, Cleric, and Arcanist. At the moment, the setting isn't finalized and I haven't finished making Gold make sense, so this isn't quite a full game yet, but it's very playable nonetheless. We've been playing for almost a year!

Note, here are my major design goals:
-Allow for major amounts of character customization. This is my number one goal - customization and interesting options that aid in character design, and vice versa
-Relatively quick but in depth combat with many tactical options
-Emphasis on immersion and "feeling" like your character, in and out of combat
-The Game Master should be able to enjoy himself too, able to appropriately challenge his players and customize his host of characters
-Rules as simple and streamlined as possible while still fulfilling the above goals

Thank you for your interest,
Paul

Knaight
2016-05-23, 06:21 PM
How long is the document? If it's on the shorter side I'm down to take a look, but poring through long class descriptions repeatedly isn't happening.

SadisticFishing
2016-05-26, 02:38 PM
How long is the document? If it's on the shorter side I'm down to take a look, but poring through long class descriptions repeatedly isn't happening.

Well, only 5 classes included! And I did my best to shift some of the customization away from "choose your class" into other options, so classes are actually fairly short.

The doc itself is 45 pages, but QUITE a lot of that is Masteries and other character options that one doesn't need to pour over to get a feel for the system.

If you're still interested, send me your email in a PM so I can share the doc!