PDA

View Full Version : Heroics spell

flappeercraft
2016-05-22, 02:12 PM
So recently while I was going through the SpC I found a spell I had completely forgotten about. Heroics spell. To the ones who dont know it gives you a fighter bonus feat for 10 minutes/level while you meet the prequisites. So what do you think are the feats I should get with this? I already have improved initiative so anything else is ok. Its 3.5 and all while is canon is allowed so core/non-core and dragon magazines are allowed. No 3rd person party books like kingdoms of kalamar even if they are liscenced.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-22, 02:25 PM
So recently while I was going through the SpC I found a spell I had completely forgotten about. Heroics spell. To the ones who dont know it gives you a fighter bonus feat for 10 minutes/level while you meet the prequisites. So what do you think are the feats I should get with this? I already have improved initiative so anything else is ok. Its 3.5 and all while is canon is allowed so core/non-core and dragon magazines are allowed. No 3rd person party books like kingdoms of kalamar even if they are liscenced.What's your build, what's your level, do you do any crafting, can you buy stuff as you like, and which feats do you have so far?

Divide by Zero
2016-05-22, 03:36 PM
Martial Study is always a solid choice - there's lots of low-level maneuvers that can be useful in different situations.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-22, 03:45 PM
Martial Study is always a solid choice - there's lots of low-level maneuvers that can be useful in different situations.If you have Martial Study already (or a level in an initiator class), Martial Stance is also a good one.

Troacctid
2016-05-22, 03:49 PM
Previous thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?410635-Best-uses-for-Heroics) with some good ideas.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-22, 04:03 PM
Anything that's super-situational works well. Why would you ever spend a feat on Improved Sunder when heroics is available? It's not like you'll ever use it against anything but on a cursed item or a hydra.

This also works ridiculously well if a character has an aptitude weapon. Think of all the weird feats that work with only, say, a boomerang? Or a spear? An aptitude unarmed strike with the Long Reach feat grants you 5', 10', and 15' of reach with your unarmed strikes.

Âmesang
2016-05-22, 05:25 PM
Improved Grapple. :smallamused: So you can get your opponent in the Camel Clutch, break his back, and make him humble.