PDA

View Full Version : Ikea & Goths

Rob Knotts
2007-06-26, 06:59 PM
New from the Ikea website:

http://a694.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/l_d8c4286dbab81ef6aabeb84ffdc6d1fd.jpg

FdL
2007-06-26, 08:13 PM
LOL. A new classic. This should be a meme already :D

Let me hear your versions! Bring 'em.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-26, 09:31 PM
AH-HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

*falls out of chair laughing*

OH....that's a good one! Of course...I don't think I'd want to have those pillows in my dorm...I think I'd rather have the creepy goth roommate, but still...it was a good laugh! :smallbiggrin:

zeratul
2007-06-26, 09:40 PM
Ouch, hmm Tacky pillows or goth roomies. Tacky pillows or goth roomy....
I'l take the goth roomy.

TheBoneSplitter
2007-06-26, 09:45 PM
I'll take the goth roommate... a person would brighten up my day, not flashy colors. I could care less for interior decorating for my own personal leisure. :smallsigh:

LCR
2007-06-27, 08:45 AM
IKEA is just great. I love Sweden. And I love IKEA. You really don't need any other stores, when it comes to furniture (or food!) and accessoires.

Jibar
2007-06-27, 09:10 AM
Ikea! (Ikea)
Just a nook and some pine and a handful of Norse men,
Ikea! (Ikea)
Selling furniture for college kids and divorced men,
Everyone has a home,
If you don't have a home,
You can buy one there!

Now, down the real details. What gender is the Goth roommate?

Gygaxphobia
2007-06-27, 09:18 AM
IKEA is evil, it's the furniture equivalent of fast-food.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-27, 09:19 AM
Not so very fast though, considering you have to put it together yourself, rather than have it all nicely assembled by someone else...:smallwink:

Dispozition
2007-06-27, 09:25 AM
Haha...That's a great ad...I'd have to choose the goth roomie though...I'm just dark like that :P

elliott20
2007-06-27, 12:54 PM
"this low price bright colored furniture just contrasts so strongly with dark, deep abyss withini my soul, mocking me with it's fake joy and cost-saving prices. Life is pain.

I feel like tacos."

YPU
2007-06-27, 01:01 PM
Yes, that is an important question.

Pendragonx
2007-06-27, 01:17 PM
Yes, that is an important question.

/agree.. I'd sign up for said roomate provided it was the correct gender. :smallbiggrin:

Mr the Geoff
2007-06-27, 01:18 PM
Sorry, goth roomies every time, the music's better than Abba and too much red and orange is bad for the eyes on a typical uni hangover.

skyclad
2007-06-27, 01:25 PM
Sorry, goth roomies every time, the music's better than Abba and too much red and orange is bad for the eyes on a typical uni hangover.

How dare you insult abba??? :smallfurious:

FdL
2007-06-27, 01:33 PM

A crucial question. Because if we're talking of a goth-ette, then my guess is I'd be pretty cheered up by her presence already. Especially if she's a "bad influence".

*pictures self and "bad" goth-ette frolicking over non-Ikea cushions*

Yup, works. :smallwink:

Jibar
2007-06-27, 01:35 PM
A crucial question. Because if we're talking of a goth-ette, then my guess is I'd be pretty cheered up by her presence already. Especially if she's a "bad influence".

*pictures self and "bad" goth-ette frolicking over non-Ikea cushions*

Yup, works. :smallwink:

I picture you with harpoons, which raises all kinds of questions. :smallconfused:

Were-Sandwich
2007-06-27, 01:38 PM
Hot goth chick trumps swanky cushions.

Swanky cushions trump creepy goth buy, by pure Swankitude. Unless the goth guy is swankier, in which case I question his Goth cred.

Dib
2007-06-27, 01:40 PM
I've never been to ikea... and yet there crap fills my house... first they invade my home... now the personality of me and my friends... They're gonna burn!!! :smallfurious:

EDIT: though its better than that crappy piece of tripe they call an Iron-Bru advert :smallfurious: :smallfurious:

elliott20
2007-06-27, 01:47 PM
I guess I must be the only guy in the world that doesn't think an angst ridden teenage girl with too much make up and a one color wardrobe is adorable.

FdL
2007-06-27, 01:50 PM
I picture you with harpoons, which raises all kinds of questions. :smallconfused:

Um...Why harpoons? Not that I have anything against harpoons if she likes to have them around during sex :p (it sure is a weird mental image)

YPU
2007-06-27, 02:09 PM
Um...Why harpoons? Not that I have anything against harpoons if she likes to have them around during sex :p (it sure is a weird mental image) Wow, a post so straightforward that you cant misquote to make it worse.

Jibar
2007-06-27, 02:15 PM
Wow, a post so straightforward that you cant misquote to make it worse.

It's like the guy with paint on his arse making all the jokes about it.
Or the kid on the skateboard deliberately smacking himself in the vitals.

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-06-27, 02:17 PM
Not so very fast though, considering you have to put it together yourself, rather than have it all nicely assembled by someone else...:smallwink: But that's precisely why I like IKEA. I just love putting it all together. It's like Lego* but more useful. :smallbiggrin:

That said, there isn't much putting together to do with cushions. Goth room mate it is, then!

*Which, funnily enough, was also a Scandinavian invention.

onasuma
2007-06-27, 02:17 PM
though its better than that crappy piece of tripe they call an Iron-Bru advert :smallfurious: :smallfurious:

That nearly made me reject my gothdom

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-06-27, 02:20 PM
^ If my experiences with the Cambridge goth scene have taught me anything, it's that rejecting your gothdom somehow makes you even more of a goth. :smallannoyed:

FdL
2007-06-27, 02:25 PM
Wow, a post so straightforward that you cant misquote to make it worse.

ROTFL-ing :D

zeratul
2007-06-27, 02:30 PM
Wait this isn't gona be like the Lucid Archon thing with tentacles is it? Speaking of which where is that dude?

YPU
2007-06-27, 02:42 PM
Wait this isn't gona be like the Lucid Archon thing with tentacles is it? Speaking of which where is that dude?
Is this a story I want to know? I have this foreshadowing feeling my curiosity is going to cost me a heap of SAN.

FdL
2007-06-27, 02:57 PM
Yeah, now you made us all curious.

zeratul
2007-06-27, 03:00 PM
Ah yes you guys weren't around back when lucid archon was around. Well, he umm, said many disturbing things involving tentacles. Jokes so creepy, that they would make Micheal Jackson seem un-creepy.

He's funny though if he's still around, was if he isn't.

Wait you were here? You guys don't remember leacherous tentacle man?

elliott20
2007-06-27, 03:18 PM
this sounds like osmething I need to see it to believe it.

*readies the bleach for his eyes*

YPU
2007-06-27, 03:21 PM
this sounds like osmething I need to see it to believe it.

*readies the bleach for his eyes*
I second that.

zeratul
2007-06-27, 03:24 PM
Try looking into the old RB threads, that's where this all happened.

elliott20
2007-06-27, 03:25 PM
total n00b question but... what's "RB"?

Xian
2007-06-27, 03:45 PM
Ugh, Ikea every time. The boyfriend and I have enough drama of our own making to put up with the silly self-inflicted angst of an anti-social teen with questionable hygiene practices and clothing sensibilities. Take some prozac and get a job! In the mean time, I'll be happily constructing my new, inexpensive furniture. I love putting things together.

Kitya
2007-06-27, 04:18 PM
Even better, get a room to yourself so you can decorate it any way you want... like with sound sensitive mini lights that flash all over the place to the beat of your own music... great for when drunks come knocking on your dormroom door at 3 in the morning. Turn those suckers on, and you'll have those guys RUNNING t the bathroom within 5 minutes... *innocent look* Not that I know anything about that tho. :smallredface:

Daze
2007-06-27, 04:27 PM
Ikea is awesome if your a renter or live in a small place. Most of their stuff looks pretty good.
And besides.. where else can you eat swedish meatballs and lignonberries while shopping, hmmm?

Plus reasonably priced.. we cant all afford top notch furniture, so no need to insult those who may shop there... (beats the heck outta walmart anyways)

Now if we can only get goths to come unassembled....
:P :smallwink:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-06-27, 04:37 PM
I must say that Ikea is definitely a fun store. Heck, half my kitchen came Ikea.

Rob Knotts
2007-06-27, 04:54 PM
^ If my experiences with the Cambridge goth scene have taught me anything, it's that rejecting your gothdom somehow makes you even more of a goth. :smallannoyed:Tha't's been my experience with the Phoenix/ASU/Rocky-Horror scene as well.

Yes, Phoenix Arizona has had more than it's share of goths ever since the early 80s. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people here, goth and otherwise, who avoid going out in the sunlight as much as a possible.

zeratul
2007-06-27, 06:04 PM
RB is Random banter, in the friendly banter section. A place of awesomeness.

elliott20
2007-06-28, 09:05 AM
Tha't's been my experience with the Phoenix/ASU/Rocky-Horror scene as well.

Yes, Phoenix Arizona has had more than it's share of goths ever since the early 80s. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people here, goth and otherwise, who avoid going out in the sunlight as much as a possible.

wow, that kind of sucks. So basically, you're in a lose/lose situation. no matter what you do, you're doomed to gothdom. That's... that is teh suck... unless you're into the whole goth scene.

Deckmaster
2007-06-28, 09:48 AM
I'm adding a line in my sig inspired by this thread.

SDF
2007-06-28, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Dny-s27Dk

What, goth kids can be "bright?"

Leon
2007-06-28, 10:09 AM
Ouch, hmm Tacky pillows or goth roomies. Tacky pillows or goth roomy....
I'l take the goth roomy.

Tacky roomies or Goth Pillow?

IKEA is evil, it's the furniture equivalent of fast-food.

Fast comfy food

2 of my favourite chairs come from IKEA

Were-Sandwich
2007-06-28, 10:51 AM
IKEA furniture rocks. Their furniture is both affordable and spiffy. They also sell tasty, tasty reindeer meat. Therefore, they get an official Stamp of Sandwichey Approval

zeratul
2007-06-28, 11:02 AM
Tacky roomies or Goth Pillow?

I already have a slightly gothish pillow. But I'd take another one over the tacky room mates.