PDA

View Full Version : Tomb of Horrors character help

Shnigda
2016-05-22, 03:42 PM
Hey guys, my DM is about to start us in the Tomb of Horrors and has told us to be extra prepared.

As a result, I am hoping the Playground can provide some help with my character and helping make him a bit more survivable!

Character Info:
Race: Hengeyokai (Raccoon Dog) (most time spent in hybrid form)
Size: Large (Homebrew trait)
Alignment: CG
Classes: Rogue1/Barbarian2/Fighter1/Rogue1/Warshaper4/Fighter1(/Warblade1/????? 9)

Abilities and Saves:
STR: 32(28 when in human form)
DEX: 16
CON: 16(12 when in human form)
INT: 14
WIS: 6
CHA: 8

HP: 97

FORTITUDE: +14
REFLEX: +11
WILL: +5

Feats:
Flaw (Shaky): Power Attack
Flaw (Inattentive): Endurance
Level 1: Steadfast Determination
Rogue1 Bonus Feat(lvl1): Improved Bull Rush
Level 3: Improved Initiative
Barb2 Wolf Totem ACF: Improved Trip
Fighter1 Bonus Feat(lvl4): Knock-Down
Level 5: Leap Attack
Rogue2 Bonus Feat (lvl5): Knockback
Level 7: Combat Reflexes
Level 9: Shock Trooper
Fighter2 ACF (lvl10): Dungeon Crasher

Items:
Smoking Adamantine Greatsword +1
Mithral Blueshine Fullplate +2 of Agility
Vest of Resistance +1
Bracers of Dexterity and Ogre Power +2
Arm of Nyr
Composite +7 Longbow
(Various additional small items like backpacks and rope)

I don't have much gold to spend, only 3100 gold or so... But what items would you suggest that would help keep him alive or make him more helpful for the team? Or what things should I prepare to encounter in the tomb?

Gildedragon
2016-05-22, 04:00 PM
Tomb Of Horrors is more of a party-build thing.
Better senses would be of use: what is your search and spot modifier? Bump them up.
But also be prepared to have your fella die the moment you get careless or greedy.
What abilities have you got outside of combat?
For gear look at Shax's Indispensable Haversack handbook.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-22, 04:51 PM
Looks like you're set up to deal damage - that means the rest of the party can be trapfinders, healers, and buffers. You may be able to break some walls, I suppose, but generally, the Tomb of Horrors is about nasty, sneaky traps, more than heavy fighting (unless you decide to go ethereal, iirc).

Darrin
2016-05-22, 07:56 PM
The whole point of ToH is really not about combat. As far as equipment... Collar of Perpetual Attendance (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c), a wand of detect secret doors, and the obligatory 11-foot pole should be all you need (or at least all the help we can give you without spoilers).

weckar
2016-05-23, 03:59 AM
Darrin is right. Most combats are avoidable, and even those you do run into can usually be escaped quite easily. Basically, it is a game of paranoia. At-Will Detect abilities and see-whatever abilities reign surpreme.

illyahr
2016-05-23, 10:48 AM
And dispel magic. Definitely find a way to use it as often as allowed. Three or four fully-charged wands should help keep you alive. It won't save you if you're reckless, though.