PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Living Saint (Class in 30 minutes; PEACH)

Jormengand
2016-05-22, 05:45 PM
LevelBABFortRefWillSpecial
Rebirth
1st+1+2+0+2Rebirth, Shield Other
1/day, 1d6
2nd+2+3+0+3Gift of the Martyr
1/day, 1d6
3rd+3+3+1+3Cure Light Wounds 1/day
1/day, 2d6
4th+4+4+1+4Gift of the Martyr
2/day, 2d6
5th+5+4+1+4Cure Moderate Wounds 1/day
2/day, 3d6
6th+6/+1+5+2+5Gift of the Martyr
2/day, 3d6
7th+7/+2+5+2+5Cure Serious Wounds 1/day, Cure Light Wounds 2/day
3/day, 4d6
8th+8/+3+6+2+6Gift of the Martyr
3/day, 4d6
9th+9/+4+6+3+6Cure Critical Wounds 1/day
3/day, 5d6
10th+10/+5+7+3+7Gift of the Martyr
4/day, 5d6
11th+11/+6/+1+7+3+7Cure Moderate Wounds 2/day, Cure Light Wounds 3/day
4/day, 6d6
12th+12/+7/+2+8+4+8Gift of the Martyr
4/day, 6d6
13th+13/+8/+3+8+4+8Heal 1/day
5/day, 7d6
14th+14/+9/+4+9+4+9Gift of the Martyr
5/day, 7d6
15th+15/+10/+5+9+5+9Cure Serious Wounds 2/day, Cure Light Wounds 4/day
5/day, 8d6
16th+16/+11/+6/+1+10+5+10Gift of the Martyr
6/day, 8d6
17th+17/+12/+7/+2+10+5+10Cure Moderate Wounds 3/day
6/day, 9d6
18th+18/+13/+8/+3+11+6+11Gift of the Martyr
6/day, 9d6
19th+19/+14/+9/+4+11+6+11Cure Critical Wounds 2/day , Cure Light Wounds 5/day
7/day, 10d6
20th+20/+15/+10/+5+12+6+12Final Act, Gift of the Martyr
7/day, 10d6

Alignment: Any Good
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
The living saint’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armour Proficiency
The living saint is proficient in all simple and martial weapons, but not with any type of armour or shield.

Rebirth (Su)
Living saints are expected to charge heedlessly into battle, safe in the knowledge that they will be restored to life should they fall. When the living saint dies, a number of times per day equal to one, plus one per 3 levels after first, she is raised from the dead as true resurrection on her next initiative count (or immediately if she is not in combat, or if the combat ends before her initiative comes up) except that she is only restored to a number of hit points equal to 1d6, plus 1d6 per two levels after first. The resurrection also physically lifts the saint to her feet without provoking attacks of opportunity, and produces a flash of light.

If the living saint dies in an antimagic field, or similar area or effect, she is raised as soon as she leaves if out of combat, or on her next initiative count if in combat. If she wasn't in combat when she died but wakes up in combat, or if she is killed in one combat but wakes in another, she immediately rolls initiative; if her initiative is higher than the current count she acts on the current count, otherwise she acts on her initiative.

If the living saint runs out of uses of this ability and dies again, she must be raised properly for the ability to have any effect. If she is raised as an undead creature that retains its supernatural abilities, she immediately raises herself when she regains uses of the ability.

Spell-like abilities (Sp)
A living saint gains the following spell-like abilities:

Shield Other at will.
Cure light wounds 1/day at 3rd level, plus 1/day per 4 levels after 3rd,
Cure moderate wounds 1/day at 5th level, plus 1/day per 6 levels after 5th,
Cure serious wounds 1/day at 7th level, plus 1/day per 8 levels after 7th,
Cure critical wounds 1/day at 9th level, plus 1/day per 10 levels after 9th,
Heal 1/day at 13th level, plus 1/day per 14 levels after 13th.

Gift of the Martyr (Su)
When a living saint dies, she has a profound effect on those around her. Every 2nd level, she chooses a gift of the martyr, an ability that triggers upon the living saint's death. All gifts of the martyr trigger on death, not just one.

Blast into Ruin: The living saint takes a single move action, and then explodes as per fireball only there is no damage cap.
Curse of the Fallen: The creature who killed the living saint (if any) takes a -1 penalty to an ability score of the living saint's choice per two levels, which can't reduce the score below zero, for 1 minute.
End to Suffering: Minimum level 8. The living saint casts greater dispel magic. This can be used to counterspell if the living saint dies at an oddly specific time.
Feel My Pain: The creature who killed the living saint (if any) takes the effects of the attack that killed the living saint (though they can make their own save).
Guide the Spirit: An ally within 100 ft + 10 ft/level gains a bonus equal to twice the living saint's level on their next d20 roll.
Inspiring Death: The living saint gets a free diplomacy check against everyone who saw her die.
Last Laugh: The living saint immediately makes a full attack (against anyone in range).
Restore Hope: Up to one creature per two levels within 25 ft + 5 ft/2 levels regains 1d6/2 levels hit points.
Righteous Fury: The living saint gains a +1 bonus on all d20 rolls per 2 levels and a +1 bonus on damage rolls per level for 1 minute.
Up in Flames: Up to one creature per two levels within 100 ft + 10 ft/level Catches On Fire.
Wings of Glory: Minimum level 6. The living saint grows angelic wings and gets two wing attacks of her size, plus a fly speed equal to twice her base land speed, for 10 minutes/level.

Final Act (Su)
At 20th level, when the living saint dies, she can immediately take three full turns before her death resolves.

JNAProductions
2016-05-22, 08:04 PM
Last Laugh: The living saint immediately makes a full attack (against anyone).

"Kill me."

"Why?"

"It'll let me full attack the BBEG."

"He just teleported away."

"Doesn't matter."

DeadpanSal
2016-05-22, 08:56 PM
I don't get some of the stacking death abilities. If you die, you can trigger more than one ability, so you can do Last Laugh and Inspiring Death and Blast into Ruin if you set that up right. That means someone is going to fight about the order: first to make the diplomacy check (which fails), then they want to make a full attack, but they're not in range so they do Blast into Ruin to move into melee, and blow up, but think they still get the full attack after exploding into what I make out as chunky salsa.

It's a good idea, but I really think you need a priority system on the death abilities or a specific progression that will only allow one ability that overwrites the lesser ones.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-22, 09:11 PM
How does Wings of Glory work? You get angelic wings when you die? I guess because you come back next turn, you get them gain, but it still seems weird.

Jormengand
2016-05-23, 06:50 AM
JNAproductions: Haha, fixed. I meant it to specify you don't need to attack your killer.
Master of Aeons: You can do them in any order. So yes, you can try to diplomacy, then if you fail, roll up to someone and explode (possibly after getting some neat new wings to go further), then take your full attack now you're in range (including possible wing attacks). You can even diplomacy, then if you fail remove someone's buff, curse them to reduce their dexterity, get wings, fly up to them and explode, get a bonus on d20 rolls and damage rolls, full attack them, and drop the attack that killed you back on them.
UrsosArctos: Mainly that you get them when you're raised, and partly that you can combo it with Blast into Ruin or Last Laugh.

GrayDeath
2016-05-28, 11:41 AM
Really weird....but in a Setting I am working on this might be THE Class for the Ruling Theocracy.
Crazy about dying indeed ^^

Demidos
2016-05-28, 11:54 AM
Without some sort of taunt mechanic, it makes opponents who have any idea about your abilities want to attack everyone else in your party instead of you. Deviates slightly from the concept of a saint/martyr, at least in my mind.

Even a relatively minor ability on par with iron guard's glare, knight's challenge, or somesuch would be an immense boon to the class. Perhaps an aura which heals and toughens up allies, a la marshal. I don't mean that you should crib off of other classes, but something in that vein might be useful and for a BAB 3/4 class. Unless they commit suicide, which is rather dark....

Also, two additional nitpicks to last laugh:
As written, there is no range specified. I presume you meant within reach, since within range of say, a bow, could lead to a full attack from 2000 feet away, or 5 feet, since "range" is a specific term that doesn't really apply in this instance.

More importantly, as written, it functions as whirlwind attack, where you get a full attack against EVERY enemy within "range". Which, if combined with the range/reach issue and a bow, could be rather nasty.

Jormengand
2016-05-28, 12:28 PM
Without some sort of taunt mechanic, it makes opponents who have any idea about your abilities want to attack everyone else in your party instead of you. Deviates slightly from the concept of a saint/martyr, at least in my mind.

Even a relatively minor ability on par with iron guard's glare, knight's challenge, or somesuch would be an immense boon to the class. Perhaps an aura which heals and toughens up allies, a la marshal. I don't mean that you should crib off of other classes, but something in that vein might be useful and for a BAB 3/4 class. Unless they commit suicide, which is rather dark....
I'll add something in, but a tripper living saint could be funny anyway. Let me live, I lock you down. Kill me, I come back.

Also, two additional nitpicks to last laugh:
As written, there is no range specified. I presume you meant within reach, since within range of say, a bow, could lead to a full attack from 2000 feet away, or 5 feet, since "range" is a specific term that doesn't really apply in this instance.

More importantly, as written, it functions as whirlwind attack, where you get a full attack against EVERY enemy within "range". Which, if combined with the range/reach issue and a bow, could be rather nasty.

"In range" means "In the range where you can actually make the attack". This may not be within your reach, or your threatened area, or anywhere else.

Anyone within range means any one person within range, not everyone within range.