PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Post Apocalyptic Racing

Blackhawk748
2016-05-22, 09:38 PM
A player in my Post Apoc game has given me the idea for Racing and im trying to come up with how to do it. Basically we are playing a bastardized fusion of Exodus and Star Wars Saga, but the vehicle rules will be coming from Saga edition. Now i know i could just make this a skill challenge, but that seems..... boring. I mean, i know that the Pilot skill (yes this applies to driving too) will be very important but i dont want it to be "Succeed on 5 Pilot checks and you win".

So any ideas?

Oh and the faction that is running these would like to keep fatalities low, so while vehicle mounted weapons are legal, they will be large slingshots that fire kickballs and other things like that. So they are more of a distraction than anything else.

The Glyphstone
2016-05-22, 09:59 PM
Have a whole long list of Pilot actions/tests that can be made to influence your standing in a race, and give a set number of rounds/turns until the race is over. One check, for example, could be 'DC X: Move up one place in the standings' - you'd need to repeatedly make this check to get into first place, but at the same time the other racers are also attempting to do so. Or 'DC Y: Clip the wheel of the person in front of you, forcing a check vs. spin-out and lose standing'. Fire a kickball at another player, giving them a penalty to their next Pilot check. Etc., etc.