PDA

View Full Version : Making a character who effectively uses a sling

jangartharn1
2016-05-23, 08:38 AM
Hey guys. So with school wrapping up my group is transitioning into a new campaign with a new dm. For this campaign I wanted to make character who was a master of the sling. So I was wondering what feats and class levels would I need to take to make this the most effective?

Blackhawk748
2016-05-23, 08:50 AM
Well, firstly you are gonna need Rapid Reload (your gonna have to ask your DM about allowing it as its Crossbow only otherwise) so you can reload as a free action. After that it looks an awful lot like your normal archer except that you are firing at a shorter range so Sneak Attack is probably a good idea.

Flickerdart
2016-05-23, 09:52 AM
What you want is the War Sling from Races of Faerun, and the Skiprock that's fired from them. Take the Warsling Master prestige class from the same book for some Sneak Attack progression and small bonuses with these items.

ekarney
2016-05-24, 12:50 AM
My time to shine!

First of all, you'll want to actually use a gnome calculus, but that's okay you won't need one till like level 6so you have time to grab the feat.

Build is:
Artificer 5/Alchemist Savant 5.

Until you start making spell-vials, use a hand crossbow, and take it's version of rapid reload, boost the damage with your infusions like bane and spell storing item, then at level 6, build/buy a gnome calculus and get Aptitude (Hand crossbow on it)

You'll probably wanna start squeezing scout/rogue and fighter levels in after level 10, to improve your combat efficiency.