PDA

View Full Version : Fear The Grouping Dead

Pex
2016-05-23, 12:10 PM
Spoilers for Fear The Walking Dead

The Group finally reaches the Safe Haven Community in Mexico which naturally is led by an Evil Bastard Leader because of course it is. She poisoned the wafers of a nearby church and is another Herschel, not accepting the zombies are dead just people they know who are sick.

Jerk Rich Guy clashes with the Evil Leader early because that's what Jerks do. Kick-A$$ Woman Mom immediately sides with him as she also sees through the façade, eventually locking up the Evil Leader in the basement with the "sick".

Trauma Boy Other Son has transformed completely into Jerk. He was willing to let the Mom get eaten and got caught attempting to kill her and the Daughter, who was surprisingly not Stupid in the mid-season finale and perhaps transforming into Sidekick. Jerk Other Son runs away and Hero father goes after him, deciding to stay with him away from The Group in the hopes his caregiving will cure the Jerkness.

Stupid Son gets swayed by the Evil Bastard Leader of the Safe Haven Community and finally becomes convinced The Group are the true monsters and abandons them.

As soon as I relabeled the Barber a Cool Guy I signed his death warrant. He never trusts the Safe Haven. Becoming a prisoner, he goes crazy and burns up the "sick" and the Safe Haven mansion, killing himself in the process. The Cool Guy always dies. Daryl surviving to become a Hero in the original is a rarity but only possible in a tv series zombie apocalypse. Barber Daughter again does absolutely nothing but just exist for others to respond.

Mid-Season finale ends with The Group split up. Is Stupid Son correct in believing The Group are the bad guys? It has been posited before with some fandom.

Starbuck_II
2016-05-23, 02:51 PM
No, I think he just saw her as a mother figure. His own mother doesn't know how to deal with her son.

The fact that they just let her be killed is why he agrees that that the group are murderers. Not that they directly killed her, but they let her die.

Sure, she was deluded. But other than beat up the Barber dad, she hadn't done too much bad things.

Pex
2016-05-24, 12:17 PM
No, I think he just saw her as a mother figure. His own mother doesn't know how to deal with her son.

The fact that they just let her be killed is why he agrees that that the group are murderers. Not that they directly killed her, but they let her die.

Sure, she was deluded. But other than beat up the Barber dad, she hadn't done too much bad things.

Did you miss the part where she poisoned the Communion wafers, murdering an entire parish including the children? It is true we don't see her directly do it, and the Group couldn't possibly know. We as the audience know because the dying priest says so and she keeps serving the poisoned wafers during the episode, becoming upset when Rich Guy wouldn't eat one as promised.

Velaryon
2016-05-24, 12:20 PM
I totally misread the title as "Fear the Groping Dead." Something to fear indeed. :smalleek: