PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cybernetics

Triskavanski
2016-05-23, 12:39 PM
Before I fully go down the route of a cybernetics character, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I'm working on a character called Cyberbunny (https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8662C381C69D8E5!810&authkey=!ALoN48c1011hcY4&ithint=file%2cxlsx) until I get her real name. The idea is sort of an anime cyborg character and gestalts with internal alchemist.

So if I understand correctly, you can have two cyberarms, but you only need to buy cyberlegs once. The character currently has cyber arms, legs, eyes, and ears to give her the full on bunny look. Beyond that, there isn't really anything else with this right? Like no hidden rules that just ruin everything?

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-05-23, 01:05 PM
As long as you can afford everything, and your Con and Int can support your cybernetics, it should be fine.

Florian
2016-05-23, 01:52 PM
Before I fully go down the route of a cybernetics character, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I'm working on a character called Cyberbunny (https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8662C381C69D8E5!810&authkey=!ALoN48c1011hcY4&ithint=file%2cxlsx) until I get her real name. The idea is sort of an anime cyborg character and gestalts with internal alchemist.

So if I understand correctly, you can have two cyberarms, but you only need to buy cyberlegs once. The character currently has cyber arms, legs, eyes, and ears to give her the full on bunny look. Beyond that, there isn't really anything else with this right? Like no hidden rules that just ruin everything?

Tris, read up on the actual rules.

Each character has additional slots squeal to Con and Int mod. Those can be filled with cyber. Those are treated as "slotless" and follow the usual x2 rule as used with Ioun Stones. This is the limit.

Each character has only one cyber slot per regular item slot unless a class feature or specific item rule allows otherwise.

Arms, Legs, additional stuff count by their actual number and have to be subtracted from the overall allowed limit.

Triskavanski
2016-05-23, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting your rules from there.
From what I see here on the d20pfsrd and have read -

Its not the Con/Int Modifier - Cybernetic's implant cost is based on the entire value of your con and Int. You have to have enough of both of them to properly work it. Cyber-solder adds to this, 1/2 a point per level to one of the two categories.

Item slots are not the same slots of magic items. There is Body, Arm, Head, Brain, Eyes, Ears, Legs, Slotless. The one part that doesn't make sense to me here is Arm slot. Unless you have two arm slots? Because Cybernetic arm is just one arm, and it references that you'd need to buy another arm to get the full bonuses. Same with cyber-soldier.

Based on previous experiences, it could easily be that you only have one arm slot, and the rules are just broken, and do not actually allow you to have a second cyberarm.

Thealtruistorc
2016-05-23, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting your rules from there.
From what I see here on the d20pfsrd and have read -

Its not the Con/Int Modifier - Cybernetic's implant cost is based on the entire value of your con and Int. You have to have enough of both of them to properly work it. Cyber-solder adds to this, 1/2 a point per level to one of the two categories.

Item slots are not the same slots of magic items. There is Body, Arm, Head, Brain, Eyes, Ears, Legs, Slotless. The one part that doesn't make sense to me here is Arm slot. Unless you have two arm slots? Because Cybernetic arm is just one arm, and it references that you'd need to buy another arm to get the full bonuses. Same with cyber-soldier.

Based on previous experiences, it could easily be that you only have one arm slot, and the rules are just broken, and do not actually allow you to have a second cyberarm.

Notice how the slot says arms and not arm. That implies you can have as many robot arms as you have arms.

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-05-23, 06:27 PM
Yes, there are two arm slots. There are also multiple arm cybernetics, you have a choice of implanted weaponry or a cybernetic arm.

Thealtruistorc
2016-05-23, 07:14 PM
Yes, there are two arm slots. There are also multiple arm cybernetics, you have a choice of implanted weaponry or a cybernetic arm.

Actually, the cybernetic arm says that you can implant a weapon inside of it. Make the best of both worlds.