PDA

View Full Version : GSL questions

iPlayMindflay
2016-05-23, 02:31 PM
I'm a might confused when looking at the GSL and SRD for 4e. It says in the SRD that I can design powers similar to those shown in the PHB but if I am to reference or use a power that's already written I just reference which book it is in and leave it at that. Does this mean that I can use the same power template/format as long as my power names are different?
Also in regards to stuff I can and can't use is there a list that exists? Is standard, move, minor acceptable or do I have to rename those for a home brew?
Bonus question. Does anyone know when the GSL will expire, if ever?

Dimers
2016-05-23, 09:52 PM
Eh, I'm sorry to bear bad news, but we're not allowed to give legal advice on this forum. :smallfrown:

Yakk
2016-05-25, 08:28 AM
Eh, I'm sorry to bear bad news, but we're not allowed to give legal advice on this forum. :smallfrown:The reason why we aren't allowed to give legal advice, other than it being in the rules, can also not be talked about on this forum. For non-disclosed reasons which we cannot talk about.

We cannot talk about that for reasons that we cannot discuss on the forums, at least outside of hypotheticals where you might have a forum where you aren't allow to talk about the color red, and the reason why you cannot talk about the color red is because talking about why you cannot talk about not talking about the color red in this hypothetical forum requires talking about the color red itself. Or maybe using red text, I'm getting confused.

Naturally you cannot use red text on some forums because red text is the voice of the mods, but that is unrelated to everything else I'm talking about, other than what I cannot talk about, or the rules, or 3 of the above.

Do not try to decode this post using a skip cypher, because all you will get is nonsense.

Inevitability
2016-05-25, 08:29 AM
The reason why we aren't allowed to give legal advice, other than it being in the rules, can also not be talked about on this forum. For non-disclosed reasons which we cannot talk about.

You have said too much already. I can't say why, though.

MwaO
2016-05-25, 10:40 AM
You have said too much already. I can't say why, though.

Don't make the PtB wield a tool made of anti-perspirant on you.

(for the uninitiated, PtB = Peanut Butter)