PDA

View Full Version : Revolution III: Interesting Times in Technotopia (Day 4)

Pages : [1] 2

pingcode20
2007-06-26, 09:22 PM
You live in a technological utopia, led by the glorious Computer who led the Technophiles to victory so many years ago to triumph over the primitive leadership of Ravetopia, ushering Technotopia into a new era of technological advancement.

However, when the computer gathers you together for your weekly 'I love the computer' ceremony, the computer has grave news. It believes there are agitators, foul elements who wish to destroy it, and it charges you citizens to root out the taint in this surprisingly small country.

Rules
1) Everyone is a neutral citizen unless they're not.
2) There are several small groups of agitators. Each have their own agenda.
3) The game is over when there are no agitators remaining (citizens win), or a revolution is won in the name of one of the groups of agitators and there are no opposing agitators left alive (that group wins, as well as any surviving citizens).
4) Each day citizens can CHOOSE to lynch someone on the grounds that they are an agitator disturbing the peace. As a democratic society more than a third of the population must vote to lynch the person for them to be lynched. The person with the most votes gets lynched.
5) You can only make one lynch nomination or vote.
6) Each day anyone can declare a revolution. There must be a cause or principle behind the revolution, and it DOESN'T have to be one of the ones the agitators are agitating for. It can be anything.
7) There will be no lynchings if there is at least one revolution.
8) Each person can either support a revolution, support the status quo, or stay out of it (NOT RECOMMENDED).
9) When a revolution succeeds, anyone who opposed it or did not assist it is put to death. When a revolution fails, anyone who supported it or did not assist in putting it down is put to death. Hence anyone who changed sides or stayed out of it dies. IC this is to ensure a stable new society where everyone is guaranteed to share the same ideals because they put their life on the line for them. OOC this will weed out inactives. OOC if you notify the GM that you will be inactive for a good reason then IC you will be considered to have been ill at the time and so be spared as having a good excuse for not joining the winning side.
10) Each night, each group of agitators may CHOOSE to assassinate someone they believe is a member of an opposing agitatory group.
11) Each night, an agitator spy may investigate the quarters of one other person to try and determine their role in the game.
12) Citizens win by being alive at the end.
13) Citizens may choose to join a group of agitators by swearing blood oaths, or other such rituals, at which point they become an agitator. See notes on recruitment below.

Recruitment
=========

Agitators may NOT pretend to join other groups of agitators. Agitators may secretly approach citizens by PMing roleplay actions to the narrator(s), e.g. that they are going to leave notes where such and such a player will find them. That player will then have to provide the narrator(s) with role-play PMs as to their response/actions. The person you attempt to recruit can choose not to join you. Also it's also not a one stop shop - it may take several PMs to negotiate/persuade someone to join you.

You can send such PMs at any time - even directly if you wish to take the risk. Once I get a PM from the target saying they wish to join you, and a PM from you saying you wish to recruit them, I will send PMs to declare whether the person is in fact valid to join you and making it all formal and tidy, with a nice description fo the ritual in which everyone unmasks and knows who everyone else is. If an enemy agitator does attempt to infiltrate another group, this ritual will undoubtedly result in their status/role becoming known and them being executed.

None of this interferes with any other actions in the game. You still get your spy and kill actions as before.

To aid in this game being more GM autonomous:

A) People who nominate lynching victims (or the victims) may automatically write an appropriate lynching post when the vote hits 50%.

B) Anyone who initiates a successful revolution may, if everyone has made clear their position, or the announced end of day has arrived, post a successful end of revolution including lining up all the losers against a wall and shooting them.

C) Agitators may choose to PM their victim. Victims please be honourable and just post a suitable death scene. Once you get that PM do NOT reveal the sender to anyone in the game.

=============

Roles
Citizen: As good, free, computer loving citizens of Technotopia, your primary goal is to be alive at the end of this. To that end, you resent being culled by these Agitators and each day you all gather together to decide which among your number are computer-hating agitator scum, and lynch them.
Technotopia Dance Consortium (Partyniks): The computer and its paranoia is putting a dull mood on the people of Technotopia, and your dance clubs are forced to play boring propoganda instead of music. The computer must be destroyed, so we can party! One of the TDC members is the Decker, and while he or she is alive, the Technotopia Dance Consortium can additionally discover one person's role by hacking into the databases of the computer and rival agitator groups.
The Church of the One Correct Way (Moralisers): The citizens of Technotopia are corrupt, and must be returned to the One True Politically Correct Way. The Church of the One Correct Way also has a Inquisitor who the Church can send out to sneak into peoples' homes and discover exactly how they are violating the one true way (Whether it is by Living Excessively, Excessive Love of Technology, Regressionist Philosophy, or the most common; Failing To Be A Member Of The Church Of The One Correct Way.).
Izanagi Corporation (Technophiles): You're onto something big, something that will revolutionise Technotopia and render the Computer obsolete! Unfortunately, this involves destroying the computer, but it was irrelevant anyway. Izanagi Corporation also possesses a Master AI, and as long as the Programmer lives, they can use its powers of deduction to discover the role of one person each night from nothing more than their name.
Lo-Teks (Anachronists): This technology has made things take a turn for the worse – we were much happier back in the days of Pucetopia and Ravetopia. We must reclaim this fair country, and return it to better times. The Lo-Teks have Johnny Mnemonic, and so long as he lives, they can pick his brains for secret information on peoples' identities. However, the information is encoded heavily, and they can only find one role per night.

Players
Akaziel
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the Masked Llama
BassetKing
Bookboy
Captain Van Der Decken
Castaras
Crystall Myr
DarkLightDragon'
Evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Helgraf
HyramGraff
Inky13112
Janusnori
Jontom Xire
Khaldan
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Orzel
Raiser B1ade
Rejakor
Shadow
Xykon Fan
Zar Peter

Surviving Players
Akaziel
BassetKing
DarkLightDragon
Janusnori
Khaldan
Krursk
Orzel
Rejakor
Shadow
Xykon Fan
Zar Peter

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-26, 09:25 PM
May I please be a citizen this time???

I'm in.

Khaldan
2007-06-26, 09:34 PM
ill try, seems fun

Vhaidara
2007-06-26, 09:38 PM
What the heck? I'm in.

Helgraf
2007-06-26, 09:44 PM
I am will for the playing again be.

Crystall_Myr
2007-06-26, 10:07 PM
In! (Filler Space!)

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-26, 10:08 PM
I'll give this another try.

Shadow
2007-06-27, 02:32 AM
What the hell.
Let's do this!

Zar Peter
2007-06-27, 04:23 AM
I'll play! But I think I need some time to understand the rules.

Rejakor
2007-06-27, 06:37 AM
I'm in. Of course, i'll be killed in the first round, but WOOHOO.

Akaziel
2007-06-27, 07:48 AM
I'm in! I'll try not to die early this time.

HyramGraff
2007-06-27, 10:50 AM
Hail Friend Computer! (I'm in please.)

Castaras
2007-06-27, 11:09 AM
Print.String: "I'm in. Please don't kill me early again. Pwetty Pwease?"

pingcode20
2007-06-28, 05:39 AM
Come on, we need more people than that! What kind of Computer-hating forumites are you?

Jontom Xire
2007-06-28, 08:54 AM
I think the big problem is that this thread ISN'T in the Structured Games sub-forum.

It's in the wrong place. Can a mod please move it if possible, or can Pingcode20 start a new one in the right place.

pingcode20
2007-06-28, 08:05 PM
The problem is - you can't actually start one in the structured games - you have to wait for Alarra to move it or something. I'll change the title though.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-28, 08:06 PM
Miss Alarra is quite busy around these times, have you sent her a PM? that would be the best way to get the lass's attention.

pingcode20
2007-06-28, 08:20 PM
Oh, haven't realised that. I'll send one right now.

2007-06-28, 08:35 PM
Deactivate the Computer! Destroy Unicron! Kill the Grand Poobah! Eliminate even the Toughest Stains!

I'm in, by the way.

Raiser Blade
2007-06-28, 09:43 PM
im in

Seems interesting

<("<) kirby:smallsmile:

inky13112
2007-06-29, 12:39 AM
I shall continue to defend my friend the computer, even after death!

Rejakor
2007-06-29, 01:24 AM
*puts on a fake mustache made from a comb and felt*

Down with the computer! Down I say! Not up! Down!

Bassetking
2007-06-29, 10:17 AM
I'm in. Let's rock this.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-29, 10:18 AM
I'll play.

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-30, 02:20 AM
I want in. I'll actually be able to play and pay attention this time!

janusnori
2007-06-30, 01:09 PM
I too shall play this game!

Orzel
2007-06-30, 09:21 PM
I'm in!

*knocks over tree*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-01, 01:15 AM
I'm in...Go Moralisers!

Just so you know, you may want to change the thread name to include that this is a sign-up thread.

pingcode20
2007-07-01, 01:25 AM
Good idea. I'll do that.

Alarra
2007-07-01, 01:29 AM
Did I sign up for this yet? I meant to.

Helgraf
2007-07-01, 01:42 AM
Did I sign up for this yet? I meant to.

I'm guessing if you hadn't, you have now....
:smallamused:

evnafets
2007-07-01, 06:01 PM
Add me to yet another werewolf/mafia/paranoia game.

For MEATLOAF DAY!

Shadow
2007-07-01, 10:21 PM
Here we go....
Do we have to show what we think of Meatlaof Day yet again?
Where's ezlo?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-02, 06:44 AM
I'm SO in for this one!

Krursk
2007-07-03, 02:14 AM
I'm in, but how do revolutions work?

pingcode20
2007-07-03, 02:44 AM
Basically, someone declares a revolution during the day phase - anybody can do this, and at any time.

If there is a revolution, nobody is lynched that day. Instead, everybody declares that they're either for or against the revolution (in effect, creating two revolutions.). Any number of revolutions can occur during a given day.

The revolution with the most people for it wins, and everybody who didn't vote for it is automatically killed.

Those who switch sides or fail to vote are also killed.

Note that there is no autolynch rule.

Rejakor
2007-07-03, 06:07 AM
Heh.

I love how much killing these societies tolerate. Funny thing is that in Alpha Complex (the home of The Computer) anyone who is killed is instantly recloned, and in fact the computer uses death as a punishment for any crime above a certain level.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-03, 06:29 PM
Basically, someone declares a revolution during the day phase - anybody can do this, and at any time.

If there is a revolution, nobody is lynched that day. Instead, everybody declares that they're either for or against the revolution (in effect, creating two revolutions.). Any number of revolutions can occur during a given day.

The revolution with the most people for it wins, and everybody who didn't vote for it is automatically killed.

Those who switch sides or fail to vote are also killed.

Note that there is no autolynch rule.

:smalleek:

Wow. Long live the revolution. At least until tomorrow.

evnafets
2007-07-03, 06:41 PM
I'm not too certain about this revolution rule. Could a person use it to stop themselves being lynched?
ie everyone is pointing at Bob_The_Builder.
Bob_The_Builder starts a revolution - avoids lynch?

And how about this scenario:
Octember 1 00:00: Narrator: Day will end at midnight Octember 4.
Octember 3 23:59: evnafets: I Declare a revolution for Meatloaf day!
Octember 4 00:00: Narrator: Lynching everyone who didn't post a vote for/against the revolution. That leaves one person. WE HAVE A WINNER!

pingcode20
2007-07-03, 06:58 PM
No, the day will be extended by at least one day, if not two.

Unless everyone joins one side or another. Then it ends when that happens.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-05, 09:36 PM
When has the mighty computer (Hail Computer! Hail Computer), infallible it may be (irregardless of patch updates) determined that recruiting will close and the slaughter will begin?

pingcode20
2007-07-05, 11:17 PM
We've got 26 people, which should be enough.

pingcode20
2007-07-08, 06:53 PM
And Signups are closed!

Roles out soon.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-08, 07:16 PM
Yay! Thanks!

pingcode20
2007-07-08, 09:43 PM
((PMs should have been sent out by now. If you haven't received a role, PM me.))

Computer Day, In the year 30 of our friend, the Computer.
"30 years ago on this day, the Computer triumphed over the hedonistic Partyniks, and galvanised our nation into a strong, free state. We are gathered here today to celebrate the 30th anniversary of our victory." said Pingcode, standing at the podium before you all, as you await midnight, when the computer will speak to you all.

"Since then, we have enjoyed a golden era of prosperity, peace, and power under the wise rulership o-GUHK!"

The head of the secret police is suddenly cut off as a single shot rings out from somewhere in the crowd, killing him instantly. You are all thrown into a panic, as the spokesman for your glorious leader collapses to the ground, and the unknown assassin disappears into the crowd.

As the clock counts down, the familiar voice of the computer fails to come over the speakers.

"Citizens of Technotopia, hear me! You are all slaves of an unjust tyrant! Rise up and strike the computer down, or be swept away before our might!"

You don't know what's happened to your beloved computer, but the choice is clear. Join us, or die.

Pingcode20, the head of the secret police, was killed.

As you disperse, Pingcode's hand loosens its grip, and his badge falls to the ground, ringing as it hits the cold metal floor.

The secret police have been destroyed.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-08, 11:10 PM
Our beloved computer under threat? 'twas clearly the work of Rejakor, I still clearly remember the day he led the revolution against the wicked Partyniks but I never trusted him for a moment.
Think about it my friends, he had all the resources available to him to facilitate this scene, been a former leader of the Technophiles and all.
((Sorry but you did win the last one after all))

Raiser Blade
2007-07-08, 11:20 PM
hmm well i vote to lynch pingcode ..... oh wait he's already dead

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 01:01 AM
((I'm in too many games...I forgot to subscribe to this one! Alright, here I am.))

XF (the Gizmo-Geek reincarnation) wears a set of very snazzy looking goggles, a belt filled with technological gizmos, and high-top sneakers. He quickly scans the crowd for elevated stress levels. Realizing a little too late that everyone has elevated stress levels, he decides the most likely person would actually be whoever is calmest, as they are the one most in control of things, and probably a cold-blooded killer. XF faxes Inky a note reading "I know you did it"

((First day tactic...go for whoever is least active at this time. Anyone has a better idea feel free to give me a hand...not a finger! :smalltongue: ))

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-09, 01:17 AM
*DLD looks at XF*

Your logic is flawed. There are many who haven't yet had time to voice their opinion, and not all of them can be trying to overthrow our friend, the Computer. Raiser, however, hasn't been terribly helpful with what he's said.

*DLD points at Raiser B1ade*

Jontom Xire
2007-07-09, 02:41 AM
Whoohoo! I get to play! Time to start another spreadsheet.

I think Xykon Fan is supicious. He clearly signed up:

I'm in...Go Moralisers!

Just so you know, you may want to change the thread name to include that this is a sign-up thread.

Yet in his first IC post contradicts this in an attempt to look like a late sign-up and hence a guaranteed citizen:

((I'm in too many games...I forgot to subscribe to this one! Alright, here I am.))

Jontom Xire points at Xykon Fan.

Zar Peter
2007-07-09, 08:06 AM
Whoohoo! I get to play! Time to start another spreadsheet.

I think Xykon Fan is supicious. He clearly signed up:

Yet in his first IC post contradicts this in an attempt to look like a late sign-up and hence a guaranteed citizen:

Jontom Xire points at Xykon Fan.

I don't think you're right. He's realy in very many games and could have forgotten about this one.
But he could be one of the eeeeeeeevil (erm, what are the bad guys called in this game? Oh, don't know either?) bad guys computer enemys and as I pointed out in an other thread were I soon will be dead because of this I don't like lynching the inactive so I will point at Xykon_Fan

Zar Peter points at Xykon_Fan

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 09:43 AM
I forgot to subscribe to this one, not sign up. There's a big difference. Look under thread tools, and you can have this thread be moved to a list filled with all the threads you've used that tool on. It's called subscribing to a thread, and you can even get e-mail updates for it if you set it to do that. So far, I have 27 and counting.

Alright, so...Revolution III? I'm actually a citizen here. (Getting this confused with Empire) Actually, I was thinking about your logic earlier ZP, and I've decided it actually makes some degree of sense. You see, by targeting someone who's active, you actually increase the likelihood of lynching a klingon since the klingons are typically not inactive. They have a significantly greater vested interest in games where they actually have a role. Sooo...

XF sends another fax to Inky saying "Nevermind," and faxes Jontom, since someone who's grasping for that much evidence is typically...erm...grasping for evidence for a reason!

Castaras
2007-07-09, 10:11 AM
The bewildered beholder floats down the street.

If Dice.Roll = 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142729) then

Castaras.Point = True

Point.Target = "Khaldan"

Beep
End if

It then floats off down another street.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-09, 10:22 AM
One figure that appears very bulky due to the heavy armor decorated in the greys, blues, and black of urban camoflague, and carrying a large, clear riot shield points at Inky.

The former Electronic Traffic Safety Officer (former since his agency head was just killed) Andre Fairchilde says "Let's blame somebody that isn't even here!"

Jontom Xire
2007-07-09, 10:27 AM
I forgot to subscribe to this one, not sign up. There's a big difference. Look under thread tools, and you can have this thread be moved to a list filled with all the threads you've used that tool on. It's called subscribing to a thread, and you can even get e-mail updates for it if you set it to do that. So far, I have 27 and counting.

Alright, so...Revolution III? I'm actually a citizen here. (Getting this confused with Empire) Actually, I was thinking about your logic earlier ZP, and I've decided it actually makes some degree of sense. You see, by targeting someone who's active, you actually increase the likelihood of lynching a klingon since the klingons are typically not inactive. They have a significantly greater vested interest in games where they actually have a role. Sooo...

XF sends another fax to Inky saying "Nevermind," and faxes Jontom, since someone who's grasping for that much evidence is typically...erm...grasping for evidence for a reason!

Ah, I see. My misunderstanding. I don't do the "subscribe" thing, so didn't know what you were talking about so assumed...

I'm sure Pingcode20 would love to know whether you're pointing at me or Inky.

Khaldan
2007-07-09, 10:59 AM
Why did everything start when i was asleep..

A short, extremly scared looking halfling stares at the beholder pointing at him. in a small voice, he is able to say y..you did it! and points at castaras.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 11:47 AM
Hey ummm...I'm about to get killed 'cuz of a misunderstanding...could either Jontom or ZP change their vote? Unless you guys meant to kill me because of not realizing what subscriptions are, and not having anyone better to point at, it'd be cool if you could move your votes elsewhere.

janusnori
2007-07-09, 12:00 PM
It seems to me that Inky has been suspiciously absent. Probably trying to stay off our lord, the computer's, radar.

Die Inky! All hail the computer!

*points at Inky*

Helgraf
2007-07-09, 12:03 PM
This Inky fella ... doesn't seem entirely .. hexadecimal, if you catch my drift.

*Helgraf points at Inky*

Vhaidara
2007-07-09, 12:04 PM
I'm gonna trust JX's theory for now.

Bookboy points at XF.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-09, 12:05 PM
well since DLD pointed at me

then in the sake of pointless feuding i point right back

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 12:16 PM
I'm gonna trust JX's theory for now.

Bookboy points at XF.

Ummm...JX's theory is based on a complete misunderstanding of the term "subscription."

Actually, I'm prone to thinking even more that both JX and you are agitators, since they tend to follow each other relatively blindly on points. My guess is that JX is the alpha of your group, and you decided that since he was pointing at me, you should too, but you needed an excuse. Yay! So you basically just copied his reasoning, flawed and based on pointless accusation as it is.

Now, I'm perfectly okay with being wrong on JX. I could understand that, but I definitely think we should axe Bookboy soon. Even if JX was wrong, Bookboy jumped on a completely baseless accusation far too quickly.

Oh, and purely to save myself (he's a ghost here anyway), I point at Inky

Vhaidara
2007-07-09, 12:26 PM
Fine then.

Bookboy shifts to Inky.

(I mostly want to make it past day 2. I got voted dead on day 1 with Pirates.)

Khaldan
2007-07-09, 02:38 PM
(it wasnt my fault!)

The scared halfing sees a nonmoving squirell at the end of the street. Oh my god, its a squirell! Kill it! It probably has rabies!

he proceeds to point at inky

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-09, 02:46 PM
Ugh! Mutant scum! *Points at Castaras* That thing probably did it. You can never trust those.. abominations.

2007-07-09, 03:06 PM
A rather tall goblin walks over quickly and prods van der Decken in the chest with his left index finger.

"You and your prejudice. 'Hey look! It's a monster! We must kill it! While we're at it, let's hunt down it's family and steal it's most valuable possessions!' How would you like it if I were to, say, come along and blugeon you with a diecast Optimus Prime figurine simply because you were a smelly human, hmm? Betchya wouldn't like that, no. So remember that, next time ya see a freakin' monster."

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-09, 03:16 PM
Good grief! Get away from me, you horrid thing.

Castaras
2007-07-09, 03:31 PM
Ugh! Mutant scum! *Points at Castaras* That thing probably did it. You can never trust those.. abominations.

If insult.given = true then

disintegrationray.use = "Captain Van Der Decken"
End if.

The bewildered beholder chases after CvdD

Print.string = "HOW DARE YOU CALL ME THAT?!"

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-09, 03:33 PM
"Gah! Mutant attack! Help!" Decken screams at the top of his voice, as he runs away.

Castaras
2007-07-09, 03:37 PM
The bewildered Beholder chases after CvdD.

Me.Laugh = True

2007-07-09, 03:37 PM
"Oh good. I thought I would have to dent my figurine."

Fullbladder chuckles as he watches Decken run off.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 03:42 PM
XF leaves the courtyard, entering into a completely techno'd house nearby. The door is locked digitally, requiring a DNA, retinal, hand print, hair, dental, saliva, and eyelash confirmation before it will unlock.

Soon after he leaves, Captain van der Decken is faxed a message. If he does not have a fax machine, he is texted. If he does not have a cell phone on him, he is e-mailed. Essentially, no matter what he does or does not have, this message reaches him.

I regret to inform you I will not be helping you defend yourself from the mutant attack at this time. I am currently busy analyzing data collected so far, and I am afraid it would be illogical to halt an investigation affecting all of us in order to stop a beholder from attacking someone whose actions can be proven mathematically to have caused the incident.

Castaras
2007-07-09, 04:20 PM
The Bewildered beholder sighs, giving up the chase.

Me.Bored = True.
Cheatmode = 1

[[iamthebestandikickspecieistass]]

]

The bewildered beholder starts glowing blue with electrical cheat substance, getting uber-powerful.

HyramGraff
2007-07-09, 04:22 PM
Friend Computer, I believe that Fleeing Coward is a dirty, rotten, traitor.

HyramGraff then goes off to look for a can of BBB.

Orzel
2007-07-09, 04:45 PM
A large steel ball-shaped mass rolls around the street. It stops suddenly and two rods begin to protrude from its sides.

A tall dark man in a mohawk is then seen running toward the giant ball, screaming

No Cut and Paste! No Copy and Paste! Power Down. Power Down!

Then there were two tall dark men in a mohawks. They both point to Raiser B1ade

Zar Peter
2007-07-09, 04:59 PM
Captain van der Decken is pointing at someone who clearly speaks computerspeak! He is veeeeeeeeeery suspicious!

Points at Captain van der Decken

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-09, 05:14 PM
Friend computer, using my deductive logic, HyramGraff defending Rejakor by pointing at me can only mean one thing. He is helping Rejakor in their evil scheme to destroy our perfect society. Fleeing switches his vote by pointing at HyramGraff.

Rejakor
2007-07-09, 09:39 PM
Wearing the white robe of a trusted senior programmer, Rejakor steps out onto the muddy street and walks past a captain screaming about mutants, a bluestuff abusing beholder, an elitist goblin and a squirrel that is being blamed for killing Pingcode, the master of the secret police.

He also notices Fleeing Coward ranting about his own unfaithfulness to The Computer. Activating his wrist-activated transmitting device, he says "Note to self: Schedule Fleeing Coward for execution"

Standing up on the podium so recently vacated by Pingcode 20, Rejakor raises his hands and says "Citizens! Citizens! Calm down! No-one can succeed against the might of the Most Glorious Computer! Return to your civil duties!"

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-09, 10:14 PM
A nondescript man in the crowd shouts out, "Clearly this must be the work of some sort of evil! Look at that abomination!" he points at Castaras, "Clearly it is a servant of some dark power!"

Jontom Xire
2007-07-10, 01:22 AM
static bool analyse_castaras(char *in_str)
{
static char *false_str = "faking it - that's not proper programming language!";
static char *true_str = "clearly a genuine programmer.";
bool result = false;

if(NULL != strchr(in_str, ';'))
{
result = true;
}

printf("Castaras is %s\n", result ? true_str : false_str);

return result;
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
if(false == analyse_castaras(argv[2]))
{
printf("%s points at Castaras.\n", argv[1]);
}

return 0;
}

Castaras is faking it - that's not proper programming language!
Jontom Xire points at Castaras.

pingcode20
2007-07-10, 01:34 AM
Mid-Day Update
Suspicions are swinging faster than grandfather clock on six cans of CompuFast(tm)!

The day is now halfway to its end, and will conclude 24 hours from now.

The computer currently estimates it will take 9 of you to overpower a traitor.

Current Vote Tallies:

Captain Van Der Decken:
Akaziel
Zar Peter

Castaras: 5
Captain Van Der Decken
Crystall Myr
DarkLightDragon
Jontom Xire
Raiser B1ade

Fleeing Coward: 1
HyramGraff
Rejakor

HyramGraff: 1
Fleeing Coward

Inky13112: 6
Bookboy
Helgraf
Janusnori
Khaldan
Xykon Fan

Khaldan: 1
Castaras

Raiser B1ade: 1
Orzel

Yet to vote: 10
Akaziel
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Bassetking
Evnafets
Inky13112
Krursk
Raiser B1ade
Shadow

Remember to highlight votes in Red.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-10, 01:36 AM
I'll go along with this...

*DLD changes her point to Castaras*

Raiser Blade
2007-07-10, 03:42 AM
i point at castaras
sorry but i have the mentality of a sheep

Zar Peter
2007-07-10, 04:54 AM
I pointed at the captain!

Revolutionary
2007-07-10, 05:10 AM
Everyone looks up as a low flying aircraft passes overhead. As it does so the underside of the aircraft seems to explode in a flurry of white. Moments later pamphlets start floating down from the sky.

Citizens of Technotopia,

The Computer is lying to you. This society is not the happy Utopia it seems! Your lives are being controlled by machines. They brainwash into accepting the status quo, turning us into mindless zombies with no opinions or views of our own, controlling us like a flock of sheep.

We must revolt! Join the Lo-Tek revolution to return to a more natural way of life. A life of harmony and peace.

If you are interested, contact "Revolutionary". This is an anonymous mailing address.

pingcode20
2007-07-10, 05:27 AM
((Excuse me, whoever that was, but I'd prefer it if you arranged such things through me. Besides, aren't multi accounts illegal?

Either way, if agitators wish to drop anonymous letters, please do so through me, the Narrator. I can pass along public messages just fine.))

Akaziel
2007-07-10, 05:47 AM
People want to destroy The Computer!? The Computer is our friend! We love the Computer! Akaziel says, gesturing at the Captain.

Rejakor
2007-07-10, 05:59 AM
Rejakor taps his obviously malfunctioning wrist-activated transmitter/recorder with annoyance. "*vweeble-beeble-beep Schedule *K-shhhh**K-shhhh* for execution." With a sigh, he looks up the name of the wrist transmitter/recorder maintenance technician. His eyebrows draw slightly closer together as he is informed that it is Fleeing Coward.

pingcode20
2007-07-10, 06:04 AM
((The annoying thing? I've got all your votes down correctly on my spreadsheet master control computer.))

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-10, 07:20 AM
As much as I'd love to stay out of this conflict, I can't let Cas die early again like last round.

Fleeing points at inky because he's inactive and won't contribute to the game anyways.

pingcode20
2007-07-10, 07:42 AM
Evidently, someone had taken notice of the Lo-Teks' pamphleteering, when a second message begins appearing on every available surface.

Citizens of Technotopia,

While we agree with our esteemed colleagues, the Lo-Teks, that the computer has gone too far when it comes to controlling out lives, the way towards progress does not lie with shunning technology and reliving the past.

It is time that we once again embraced the values that we used to cherish so dearly. It is time to not think only of ourselves but instead help our fellow man and think of those that we hold dear in our lives. It is time to not rely on others to do our work for us but to take pride in our own honest, hard work. It is time to help build a society where our children can grow up happy and learn about what is truely important in life.

Do not waste another moment of your life being a mindless slave to the Computer. Rise up, take control of your own destiny and join the Church of The One Correct Way so that our children may grow up in a true Utopia, free from the influences of the evil computer.

Should you require more information on how to throw away the shackles that bind you and help create a better world for all, feel free to contact us through our local representative - Pingbot and we will happily answer all of your questions.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-10, 09:16 AM
Actually, I did vote...

One figure that appears very bulky due to the heavy armor decorated in the greys, blues, and black of urban camoflague, and carrying a large, clear riot shield points at Inky.

The former Electronic Traffic Safety Officer (former since his agency head was just killed) Andre Fairchilde says "Let's blame somebody that isn't even here!"

Castaras
2007-07-10, 10:44 AM
If Programming.Language = Basic then

Programming.Language = Proper.Language
End if

Print.String = "You're all speciest! Curse you! Now I'm going to die early on in the game again! Nobody loves me...:smallfrown: "

The bewildered beholder sighs, slowly turning and floating away.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-10, 11:24 AM
Sorry Cassie...I didn't vote for you? Guy, too many people just sit there and think, "Hmmmm...who's one of the most active? Cassie? Kill her!"

Castaras
2007-07-10, 11:33 AM
Nod.Target = "Xykon_Fan"
Print.Statement = "No problem. I just wanna have some fun this time rather than dying again. Maybe I get pointed at because I'm a poor beholder..."

Image.Display = http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8307/beholderforlensmanga1.png

Print.Question = "You wouldn't hit the beholder with glasses, would you?"

Edit.Typing = True
Error.Fixed = True

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-10, 11:34 AM
The llama's yet to be introduced character points at Inky

i'm sorry, Mate, but I think its foolish to kill Castaras on day 1. Cassie is a great poster and you haven't been around for a while. I hope you come back soon, though, from wherever you are.

Alarra
2007-07-10, 12:06 PM
Alarra wanders out, giggling slightly and typing into her laptop, which appears attached to her. She gestures at Inky as she passes by.

(And yes. creating a new account for recruitment is against the rules. Please don't)

Jontom Xire
2007-07-10, 12:25 PM
If Programming.Language = Basic then

Programming.Language = Proper.Language
End if

Print.String = "You're all speciest! Curse you! Now I'm going to die early on in the game again! Nobody loves me...:smallfrown: "

The bewildered beholder sighs, slowly turning and floating away.

Not any variant of basic I've ever seen. It's vaguely similar to Visual Basic (Ptui).

Am I the only one who has had something like this?

On your pillow, you find someone has sent you a message.

"The Committee of Concerned Citizens is planning to lynch you. Xykon Fan is their organizer. If you are an agitator, kill him this coming night. If you do, I will convince the rest of the Committee to pick a different target. If you kill Xykon Fan, I will reveal my identity to you and hopefully join your ranks."

If so, did anyone else find it a little bit ... obvious? Is there anyone sufficiently insulting to think that if I were an agitator I would be dumb enough to give away my identity so obviously? The reason I am posting this is just in case one of the agitator groups does kill Xykon Fan and I get fingered for it.

I'm not an agitator, and if I was I wouldn't be dumb enough to kill Xykon Fan tonight.

And for the same reason, please don't PM me asking to join my revolutionary group <sigh>. I don't have one!

Raiser Blade
2007-07-10, 02:24 PM
i think that the "revolutionary" couldnt be someone who knows the rules of the forum and therfore couldn't be castaras

i point at inky

Darn squirrels

pingcode20
2007-07-10, 06:21 PM
Late in the day, somebody has gone and pinned up a transcript of a short conversation, apparently between Xykon_Fan and an anonymous speaker.

You receive an anonymous message through the computer's communications network.

"We know who you are. Convince your fellow conspirators to kill Jontom Xire this coming night, or your life will be forfeit."
I see no reason why I should be forced to do what you want. Me and my group are out for the betterment of society through the use of technology. Go technophiles!
Fine, we will expose you to the public then.

pingcode20
2007-07-10, 06:27 PM
Late Day Update
7 hours until sunset. The computer estimates it will take 9 of you to lynch someone.

Captain Van Der Decken: 4
Akaziel
Zar Peter
Evnafets

Castaras: 4
Captain Van Der Decken
Crystall Myr
DarkLightDragon
Jontom Xire

Fleeing Coward: 2
HyramGraff
Rejakor

HyramGraff: 1
Fleeing Coward

Inky13112: 10
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Bookboy
Helgraf
Janusnori
Khaldan
Xykon Fan

Khaldan: 1
Castaras

Raiser B1ade: 1
Orzel

Yet to vote: 3
Inky13112
Krursk
Shadow

Currently, Inky will be lynched.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-10, 06:33 PM
Whoever's been passing out the notes have been busy, got this late last night but thought nothing of it but an empty threat. Looks like I wasn't the only one.

You find a note in your pocket.

"We are the Church of the One Correct Way. You will join us, or be killed. Vote to lynch Jontom Xire next day, to show your acceptance for our cause."

Vhaidara
2007-07-10, 06:35 PM
You're right. I got this one a day or two ago.

"If you like to party, give a can of Bouncy Bouble Beverage to someone else."

evnafets
2007-07-10, 06:36 PM
evnafets points at Captain Van Der Decken

I am suspicious of anyone who can so go against the computers message of friendship and peace, by judging people by how they look.

Bassetking
2007-07-10, 08:25 PM
*Points at Inky*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-10, 10:37 PM
Can someone explain why the tags in this post aren't working? I thought I did them perfectly, but I guess not.

((Wow, this has been a long day. I'm thinking about nicknaming this town Propaganda instead.))

XF comes out of his house wearing all his usual gadgetry plus a nifty set of goggles on which text is displayed. "So I've been watching the security footage today, and I thought it prudent to start analyzing all the various pieces of propaganda that has been going around. First, a quick recap of what has been sent to everyone. Please note that, though I have named certain people "X's Stalkers," that does not mean I believe that X is an agitator."

Citizens of Technotopia,

The Computer is lying to you. This society is not the happy Utopia it seems! Your lives are being controlled by machines. They brainwash into accepting the status quo, turning us into mindless zombies with no opinions or views of our own, controlling us like a flock of sheep.

We must revolt! Join the Lo-Tek revolution to return to a more natural way of life. A life of harmony and peace.

If you are interested, contact "Revolutionary". This is an anonymous mailing address.

Citizens of Technotopia,

While we agree with our esteemed colleagues, the Lo-Teks, that the computer has gone too far when it comes to controlling out lives, the way towards progress does not lie with shunning technology and reliving the past.

It is time that we once again embraced the values that we used to cherish so dearly. It is time to not think only of ourselves but instead help our fellow man and think of those that we hold dear in our lives. It is time to not rely on others to do our work for us but to take pride in our own honest, hard work. It is time to help build a society where our children can grow up happy and learn about what is truely important in life.

Do not waste another moment of your life being a mindless slave to the Computer. Rise up, take control of your own destiny and join the Church of The One Correct Way so that our children may grow up in a true Utopia, free from the influences of the evil computer.

Should you require more information on how to throw away the shackles that bind you and help create a better world for all, feel free to contact us through our local representative - Pingbot and we will happily answer all of your questions.

On your pillow, you find someone has sent you a message.

"The Committee of Concerned Citizens is planning to lynch you. Xykon Fan is their organizer. If you are an agitator, kill him this coming night. If you do, I will convince the rest of the Committee to pick a different target. If you kill Xykon Fan, I will reveal my identity to you and hopefully join your ranks."

You receive an anonymous message through the computer's communications network.

"We know who you are. Convince your fellow conspirators to kill Jontom Xire this coming night, or your life will be forfeit."
I see no reason why I should be forced to do what you want. Me and my group are out for the betterment of society through the use of technology. Go technophiles!
Fine, we will expose you to the public then.

You find a note in your pocket.

"We are the Church of the One Correct Way. You will join us, or be killed. Vote to lynch Jontom Xire next day, to show your acceptance for our cause."

"If you like to party, give a can of Bouncy Bouble Beverage to someone else."

Alright, now that that's done. I'll try to take it all apart:

Propaganda #1
1st: Someone either doesn't respect the forum rules (unlikely) or they don't know them (very). This eliminates most of the top posters, as they wouldn't even dare to set up another account, even to throw someone off their track.

2nd: It is someone who is either careless or does not know proper grammar. More likely the first. They missed a "you" when they were describing the brainwashing. They used an incomplete sentence "A way of life and peace." They forgot that punctuation goes inside quotes.

3rd: The Lo-Teks seem to be the reincarnation of the Anachronists of the history books.

Propaganda #2
1st: The Church of The (Note the capitalization) One Correct Way is most likely the Moralisers, judging from their principles.

2nd: The person, aside from the one capitalization issue, writes well and is relatively persuasive. Their writing style favors reiteration of facts and common sentence structure. It flows well and has purpose...much as I hate to admit it.

Propaganda #3
1st: The writer of the message is not part of any faction. Rather, he appears to be seeking to become part of JX's "nonexistent" faction.

2nd: The Committee of Concerned Citizens is a faction I'm not sure about in relation to who they are trying to emulate from history. The message offers few clues as to who they are.

3rd: I'm no one's organizer. I haven't even been recruited yet (preferably by a group that doesn't hate the computer since my character concept is based entirely around gizmos and gadgets).

4th: A common citizen isn't really the type to have breached a group of agitators. Furthermore, how's he/she planning on convincing them to pick a different target.

5th: Their writing style is well done. If their piece wasn't filled with holes, they probably would be very convincing.

Propaganda #4
1st: This message is probably fabricated, much like the last. (See below for details)

2nd: The coding is done by someone who knows how the tags for the system work. They replaced their name with "Anonymous." They also bungled my name. I'm not named XF, that's just my nickname. My full name is Xykon_Fan.

3rd: Anonymous' style is pretty good. I don't see anything wrong with it.

4th: XF's style is somewhat like mine. I tend to not respond to threats well, though I don't tend to be quite as vehement. I typically don't use words like "betterment." I also don't use lots of "Go technophiles" type of stuff...which brings me to my next point.

5th: I'm still not an agitator, and I still want to be recruited.

6th: The technophiles don't exist anymore. They were the winning party last time which means they get to be the main faction this time. No one "belongs" to the technophiles as a group of agitators. All citizens are part of them. For instance, I was given this message by Ping:

You are a citizen of the computer, loyal to your wise and fearless leader.

Propaganda #5:
1st: The "the" isn't capitalized this time. It's probably a different writer than last time.

2nd: They favor the use of commas after conjunctions even if it's not required by grammar's rules. They also included a comma that was unnecessary in the next sentence.

Propaganda #6:
1st: Someone likes alliterations?

2nd: This person has a sense of humor.

3rd: They also favor the use of commas unnecessarily.

"Thank you for your time. I have tried not to draw too many conclusions from this. Please use this analysis as best you can."

XF walks back inside his house, locking it once again.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-10, 10:54 PM
"Non-conformist hippy." Points at Xykon_fan. Begins writing a ticket for Reckless Verbose Posting in a 30 Word Limit post zone. Looks around to see if this is a school zone...

pingcode20
2007-07-10, 10:55 PM
((FYI: I'm not too proud of the citizen PMs. I rushed them out when I realised I had forgotten to ship them out before I posted the intro.

This game, the Technophiles are under the banner of 'Izanagi Corporation'. I went with the idea that the next incarnation of the winning agitators would want to take the concept even further. They do, in fact, exist.

Otherwise, we'd only be getting 3 agitator groups every time.))

Krursk
2007-07-11, 01:51 AM
A very lost looking PAC soldier wanders into the centre of town and begins speaking meaningless gibberish. Despite the fact that he is speaking in an as-yet uninvented language that combines all the dialects of Asia, everyone can somehow understad he's accusing Inky

pingcode20
2007-07-11, 06:33 AM
Day 1 Ends

The citizens of Technotopia's feelings swing one way and another, first deciding on lynching the near-comatose Inky, then deciding to kill the beholder in a fit of xenophobia (and no small measure of blatant toadyism), before finally concluding that Inky was a traitor.

The squirrel completely fails to realise what is going on as a mob of Technotopians hustle him to the electric chair, the Computer's newest execution device.

With an audible thunk, the switch is thrown, and the doomed squirrel realises what is going on. He attempts to run, but the door is slammed shut as the chair raises itself up and beats him into bloody submission.

When the chair has returned to its position and the sensor eye winked out, the door is slowly swung open, the bloodied corpse of Inky falling to the ground with a dull 'splat'.

Fleeing Coward attempts to flee, but the others kick him in to check if Inky was dead. Searching the squirrel's dead body, he finds an identity tag clipped to his fur, carefully concealed and unnoticed until now.

Inky13112
Izanagi Corporation
Chief Technical Officer

Inky13112, Programmer for Izanagi Corporation (Technophiles), was lynched on Day 1.

Night Falls

Jontom Xire
2007-07-11, 07:01 AM
Whooohooo!

Random pointing rocks sometimes.

The chances of that were 4n/26 = 2n/13. The chances of getting a scrier were only 2 in 13. So to have around a 50-50 chance of getting an agitator, there would have to be 3 or 4 per group (12 or 16 in total).

Umm..

Anyway, I'll start my spreadsheet soon. I know I was one who didn't vote for Inky, so that makes me kinda suspicious, but I might come up with some interesting leads.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-11, 07:33 AM
GAH!! I've received a note! It was found in a cookie that I was eating. It said "The less you look for the calm, the more likely you are to find it." It also said my winning numbers were 3, 14,17, 28, and 32. I wonder what it means.

The llama hops off his perch and goes to buy a balloon from the llama in Rebellion. He returns happier and with a balloon.

Castaras
2007-07-11, 10:05 AM
The bewildered beholder rushes out of its home, screaming.

Print.Statement = "THEY WANT ME TO JOIN THEM! AHHHHH! TWO NOTES IN ONE DAY!"
Image.Display = :smalleek:

It screams again and speeds off into the depths of Technotopia.

Alarra
2007-07-11, 10:18 AM
Yeah....quite insistent. Not one...but two notes? From the same group? *shakes head, deletes spam, continues walking, humming and typing*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-11, 01:45 PM
Told you...Propagantopia.

Ow...wisdom teeth gone. Slight soreness and complete inability to know where my tongue is inside my mouth ensues.

Shadow
2007-07-11, 02:11 PM
110100101S00101.10100010101111110910010100101.1001 010010101
00.1.10010010010010101.1001001001.O001.00100101001 001.1001010
1010001.10100100100101R0100101010.1001010010100010 .101010100
010101.10R101001010100101.10101000010101001001.101 0010010100
0100101010111010001.10010010011.010100Y00010100100 1010100010
010000101010101I1100100010010101001001010010010100 101001010
01010010001010101011010100111101001010W01011010001 010111111
0910010100101.1001010010A10100.1.10010010S01001010 1.100101001.
001.00100101001001.100N10101010001.101001001001010 100101010.1
0010T10010100010.101010100010101.10101001010100A10 1.101010000
10101001C001.10100100101000100101010111010001.1001 0010011.010
10000010100100101010001001000010101T01011100100010 0101010010
01010010010100101I00101001010010001010101011010100 1111010010
100101.101000V10101111110910010100101.100101001010 100.1.10010
010010010101.1001001001.00100100101E001001.1001010 1010001.101
001S0010010100101010.10010100101OO00010.1010101000 10101.10101
001010100101.1010N1000010101001001.101001001010001 00101010111
010001.10010010011.01010000E0101001001010100010010 00010101010
1110010001001010100100101001001010010100R101001010 0100010101.Sorry I wasn't active sooner.

Zar Peter
2007-07-11, 02:26 PM
110100101S00101.10100010101111110910010100101.1001 010010101
1010001.10100100100101R0100101010.1001010010100010 .101010100
010101.10R101001010100101.10101000010101001001.101 0010010100
0100101010111010001.10010010011.010100Y00010100100 1010100010
010000101010101I1100100010010101001001010010010100 101001010
01010010001010101011010100111101001010W01011010001 010111111
0910010100101.1001010010A10100.1.10010010S01001010 1.100101001.
001.00100101001001.100N10101010001.'10100100100101 0100101010.1
0010T10010100010.101010100010101.10101001010100A10 1.101010000
10101001C001.10100100101000100101010111010001.1001 0010011.010
10000010100100101010001001000010101T01011100100010 0101010010
01010010010100101I00101001010010001010101011010100 1111010010
100101.101000V10101111110910010100101.100101001010 100.1.10010
010010010101.1001001001.00100100101E001001.1001010 1010001.101
001S0010010100101010.10010100101OO00010.1010101000 10101.10101
001010100101.1010N1000010101001001.101001001010001 00101010111
010001.10010010011.01010000E0101001001010100010010 00010101010
1110010001001010100100101001001010010100R101001010 0100010101.Sorry I wasn't active sooner.

You forgot the ' :smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-11, 06:32 PM
"Never mind the letters, are those "9's" in binary?"

Begins writing "Shadow" a ticket for "Unlicensed use of a Motzkin number (http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motzkin_number)."

The heavily armored yet slow thinking former electronic traffic safety officer grunts "That's a safety warning ticket. Motzkin numbers are dangerous to the computer's programming and have been known to be involved in deviant thinking patterns. If you want to contest the ticket, please report to building 5798, Floor 21, Office Number 4. "

Edit : Oops! Sorry!

pingcode20
2007-07-11, 07:04 PM
(Psst: Nightttime.)

pingcode20
2007-07-12, 06:13 PM
End of Night 1

Late at night, Jontom Xire is out walking with his friend, Fleeing Coward, when he suddenly gets the feeling that he is being followed. Ducking down an alleyway, he is followed by Fleeing Coward, brandishing a knife concealed in his seemingly innocuous amulet.

Jontom, realising that his 'friend' was, in fact a member of the dreaded Church of The One Correct Way, leaps into a nearby dumpster to hide. As he cowers in his hiding place, Fleeing Coward ambles up to the dumpster, opens it, and stabs JX with the knife before lighting the highly flammable combination of methane and decaying garbage in the dumpster.

"Goodbye, Jontom Xire."

Fleeing Coward laughs and begins to walk away, while the poison coating the knife begins to take hold, and confident his ailing victim can do nothing more to harm him.

"Goodbye, Fleeing Coward."

The Church member turns around with surprise, to find his mark holding an antique flintlock pistol, smoking at the barrel. He looks down at his chest, the bloody spot rapidly growing, and passes out.

---

Andre Fairchilde is backed up against a wall in his own home, confronted by two people dressed in strange (and quite cheap) glittery gold clothing - one with a bald cap on and stringy grey hair, and the other with large brown hair. The one with stringy hair is brandishing a trident-type thing on a handle.

"Great heavens! That's a laser!"

"Yes, Andre. A laser, capable of emitting a beam of pure antimatter."

And with that, he pulled the trigger. Everything faded to black.

---

In the morning, Fleeing Coward is found dead in an alleyway, with a bullet in his chest, and Jontom Xire is found not further away, collapsed just outside a burnt dumpster with horrible burns and clutching a flintlock pistol.

Under Fleeing Coward's clothing, you notice a nice red suit, and a carefully concealed soft cushion, while on Jontom Xire you find a small computer port on the back of his head.

Andre Fairchilde is found slumped against the wall of his home, and a set of costumes for Riff Raff and Magenta are found discarded next to his corpse.

Fleeing Coward was killed by the Lo-Teks. He was the Church Inquisitor
Jontom Xire was killed by the Church of The One Correct Way. He was Johnny Mnemonic.
Andre Fairchilde was killed by the Technotopia Dance Consortium. He was a citizen.
Izanagi Corporation killed no-one tonight.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-12, 06:32 PM
(Huzzah for Rocky Horror!)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/magenta.gif

*A llama dressed as Magenta steps out, bleats in distress, mutters "This .....this is going to be hard to explain."

*He then goes to the Church, strips off the costume, and hides it behind the computer. He then trots over to the front of the computer and gathers the crowd's attention.*

"People of Technotopia. I know that many of you are like me, loyal to the beloved computer which has benefitted our lives and granted me the ability to speak through nifty enhancements and software. Sure it was rough before the patch that allowed me to say the letters "T" and "N" came out, but even then, it was better than nothing."

"I, like many of you, have found notes from traitorous organizations laying around seeking for me to side with them. To this I say "NAY!" and I'll tell you why. These notes are generic. They were not addressed to me personally and it goes the same for many of you if I hear correctly. If any organization wanted me for my personality, cleverness, or even company, they would have taken the time to write a personal letter, but in their eyes I am only a number! I am nothing more than a meat shield in their eyes! I AM MORE THAN A MEAT SHIELD and I will not be lured into some crazy organization just to pad their numbers. I have it on NO authority that Captain van Der Decken is a member of the Church of One, or whatever they call themselves, so despite having no evidence, I accuse him!"

The llama hops off his podium and points at CvdD

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 06:35 PM
(Hmmm...interesting.)

Alright, the signs lead to Bookboy now, for the same reasons as I stated previous. Admittedly, Bookboy *said* he was simply trying to survive, but I think that's just a cover-up.

Bookboy receives a fax, text message, e-mail, phone call, and instant message saying, "You are a rebel. Prepare to die."

Raiser Blade
2007-07-12, 07:41 PM
Raiser B1ade walks out into the street and looks at the bodies.
"um wow lots a people died, i'm not safe next it could be me 'Points at CvdD'
then shuffles away muttering to himself.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-07-12, 07:54 PM
(...antimater ~ 'Does that mean it doesn't matter?')

After the attack, Death appears to Andre.

"IT IS YOUR TIME."

Andre begins singing a marching tune from his days at the Electronic Traffic Officer academy "...they march hands up, hands up, hands up. See the little angels rise up, rise up, rise up...."

Vhaidara
2007-07-12, 08:13 PM
(Hmmm...interesting.)

Alright, the signs lead to Bookboy now, for the same reasons as I stated previous. Admittedly, Bookboy *said* he was simply trying to survive, but I think that's just a cover-up.

Bookboy receives a fax, text message, e-mail, phone call, and instant message saying, "You are a rebel. Prepare to die."

Where are you getting that crap? Seriously, check Pirates 3, I was the first guy dead.

Xykon fan get a reply on all the said systems saying "That's a load of crap."

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 08:21 PM
Where are you getting that crap? Seriously, check Pirates 3, I was the first guy dead.

Xykon fan get a reply on all the said systems saying "That's a load of crap."

No, I fully believe you were the first one dead. At the same time, I think you're using it as a cover for the real reasons for you pointing at me. Jontom turned out to be an agitator, so I figure you must be in his group and following his lead on points. You could've pointed at one of the others who had a point or two on them, but instead you pointed at me.

Bookboy receives a reply back. It reads :smallsmile: .

Vhaidara
2007-07-12, 08:23 PM
Fine then.

Bookboy shifts to Inky.

(I mostly want to make it past day 2. I got voted dead on day 1 with Pirates.)

And I changed to Inky.

Another reply :smallmad: .

Shadow
2007-07-12, 08:29 PM
010100101G00101.10100010101111110910010100101.1001 010010101
1010001.10100100100101P0100101010.1001010010100010 .101010100
010101.10L101001010100101.10101000010101001001.101 0010010100
0100101010111010001.10010010011.010100A00010100100 1010100010
010000101010101Y1100100010010101001001010010010100 101001010
01010010001010101011010100111101001010I01011010001 010111111
0910010100101.1001010010N10100.1.10010010T01001010 1.100101001.
001.00100101001001.100R10101010001.101001001001010 100101010.1
0010A10010100010.101010100010101.10101001010100F10 1.101010000
10101001F001.10100100101000100101010111010001.1001 0010011.010
10000010100100101010001001000010101I01011100100010 0101010010
01010010010100101C00101001010010001010101011010100 1111010010
100101.101000A10101111110910010100101.100101001010 100.1.10010
010010010101.1001001001.00100100101T001001.1001010 1010001.101
001R0010010100101010.10010100101E00010.10101010001 0101.10101
001010100101.1010Y1000010101001001.101001001010001 001010101110
010001.10010010011.01010000U0101001001010100010010 00010101010
11100100010010101001001010010010100101001010010100 100010101.Go play in traffic Atreyu.
Yeah, that's a (point)

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 09:21 PM
And I changed to Inky.

Another reply :smallmad: .

But see, that was also after I had already brought up the fact you were pointing at me unfairly, and also after I had brought up the idea you and Jontom were part of the same group.

However, if you're seriously going to start getting upset about it, I'll change my point. Honestly though, it's a game, and people are kinda allowed to have however much suspicion they want.

XF will change his vote to Lord Fullbladder.

Vhaidara
2007-07-12, 09:31 PM
When you think about it, this is almost the opposite of Pirates 3. No Pirates are dead there, while two major aggitator and one normal aggitator are down.

pingcode20
2007-07-12, 09:59 PM
((Actually, the only agitator deaths so far have been spies. Only the TDC still have their spy.

So in this case all but one death have been major agitators.))

2007-07-12, 11:18 PM
"Wait wait wait. Wait. Of what have I been accused? I know my rights, dammit! Wait. Is this about trying to attach that fusion cannon onto my my arm? 'Cause I can totally explain that. Hey, wait... Maybe you're an agitator, trying to turn the Computer against me!"

Fullbladder prosthetic right arm, slightly twitchy from the poor welding job in aforementioned cannon incident, points at Xykon Fan.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 11:22 PM
Just so we're clear, Fullbladder, I'm pointing at you for no reason but to change my vote from Bookboy. I needed someone who no one else was going to kill anyway.

@V: Yeah, I got that. I just wanted to make it clear I don't actually want you to die. I had forgotten to put that in the original.

2007-07-12, 11:31 PM
I realize that. I just hope you realize that I will defend myself, if only halfheartedly.

Khaldan
2007-07-12, 11:36 PM
well.. i got no evidence on anyone (i cant see anything..), so i shall point at myself

((ooc:i HATE my router. so. much.))

Zar Peter
2007-07-13, 01:03 AM
Zar Peter points at Captain van der Decken

Same reasons as yesterday

Jontom Xire
2007-07-13, 01:09 AM
Huh.

Bang on target but died anyway. I had death threats from the Church. I tried to fob them off, but evidently they didn't believe me - anyway, at least I know I correctly analysed the notes to identify the author. That's some satisfaction I suppose :(

The worst thing is that now I no longer have ANY games to play in at all :(

Damn you pirates!
Damn you Church of whatever!

Akaziel
2007-07-13, 01:29 AM
Akaziel points at the Captain, to continue a point from yesterday.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-13, 03:47 AM
((Yea, those notes were abit too obvious but you were dead the moment you refused to confirm that you were a citizen when I PMed you directly))

How dare you curse the Church? We are the shining light in this dark world of moral corruption and death shall fall to all who refuse to bow down to our will :smallamused:

Orzel
2007-07-13, 05:34 AM
Three clones of the dark man point to Xykon_Fan.

Vhaidara
2007-07-13, 07:24 AM
Notice: I will be gone from Sunday to Saturday. I'm going to be at summer camp. Please don't attack me, as I will be unable to defend myself.

(I'm letting you know this because it was while I was out of town and offline for two days that I got killed in Pirates 3.)

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-13, 08:17 AM
I don't like XF's reasoning for his accusation.

*DLD points at Xykon Fan*

Jontom Xire
2007-07-13, 09:32 AM
((Yea, those notes were abit too obvious but you were dead the moment you refused to confirm that you were a citizen when I PMed you directly))

How dare you curse the Church? We are the shining light in this dark world of moral corruption and death shall fall to all who refuse to bow down to our will :smallamused:

You mean all I had to do was say "I'm a citizen"?? Goldarnit. I could have said that!

Also you never did PM me directly. I think I would have noticed.

Rejakor
2007-07-13, 09:48 AM
Rejakor strokes his evil goatee. "Run a scan. Who is talking the most?" The screen in front of him beeps and after a few seconds reports 'Xykon_Fan' in it's cold, metallic voice. "Schedule him for execution. It is time to remind the Citizens of Alpha Complex II that demagoguery is a crime."

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-13, 11:11 AM
So, hold on. People are pointing at me because:

I pointed at Bookboy, so he pointed back. I changed my vote. He left his.
Lord Fullbladder pointed at me, because I pointed at him.
Orzel is pointing at me for no apparent reason.
DLD doesn't like the fact that I changed my vote from Bookboy to Lord Fullbladder so that Bookboy would stop freaking out at me and getting angry.
Rejakor pointed at me because I talk to much.

Guys, none of these make any sense. I can *kind of* understand the last one. Other than that though, they seem to be largely based on...nothing. I give up. I'm destined to get killed in this game for no reason. Just so you all know (and this will do very little good) I suspect that Bookboy, Rejakor, and Orzel are all part of the same group, and DLD *may* be one as well, though I can understand a misconception of how serious I actually am in pointing at Fullbladder.

janusnori
2007-07-13, 11:55 AM
I am going to point at you Xykon Fan because switching your point around alot is a sign of suspicion and because the only lead I have right now is that note outing you in the thread. Sorry if it was all a ruse to get you lynched but...

*points at Xykon Fan*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-13, 12:06 PM
Ugh, whatever. I didn't even know Technophiles were in this game. Did you read my analysis of that one at all?

Also, Rejak, I'm talking a lot because this is, for right now, the only method of communication with other people. I had my wisdom teeth out and I'm bored out of my mind.

Everyone else doesn't really have reasons, they're just bandwagoning. I'm afraid I can't address those issues.

HyramGraff
2007-07-13, 12:44 PM
The llama is a traitor becuase he is acusing others of being a traitor without reason.

Vhaidara
2007-07-13, 01:47 PM
Bookboy shifts to CvdD.

I pity you. Well, kind of. My sister got her's taken out, and she was in pain, but got a lot of ice cream.

Helgraf
2007-07-13, 03:06 PM
Too much of a mess to sort out.

*Helgraf points at Xykon Fan*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-13, 03:24 PM
Alright, well I'm going to die soon. I'd like to point out though, that way too many of these people are pointing for no reason whatsoever. Usually bandwagons have some sense behind them. This one, my guess is that all this was started by a few people who didn't like me pointing at one of their members, and decided that they would take me out as a group.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-13, 06:49 PM
You mean all I had to do was say "I'm a citizen"?? Goldarnit. I could have said that!

Also you never did PM me directly. I think I would have noticed.

Looks like the technophiles have left in a memory implant, I clearly remember sending you a PM asking if you were a citizen. In fact, it was right before Mr. Revolutionary popped up recruiting for Lo-Teks if I remember correctly :smallbiggrin:

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-14, 02:23 AM
The man points at Helgraf, "Bandwagons are for the foolish!"

Orzel
2007-07-14, 05:55 PM
The four clones of the dark skinned man ponder.

Who disabled the Cloner's remote?

Must be an enemy of the computer.

It the Cloner is forced into destruction the enemies would not worry about cloned spies.

Indeed. The talkative one seems like the one.

Wait. If he's talk how can he insert the voice commands.

Must be a relatively quiet person.

Like Lord Fullbladder.

I don't know I was asleep. I didn't clock him.

Helgraf clocked in a 3 seconds. DLD at 6. Lord Fullbladder at 13.

Okay. Let's do this so we can go eat. I'm hungry.

And they all point to Helgraf

pingcode20
2007-07-14, 06:16 PM
Day 2 Extended
As dusk falls, the computer finally speaks.

"Your attention, loyal citizens. These agitators have been getting the better of you, and dividing your attentions to divert suspicion away from themselves. My calculations indicate 8 of you must be united to lynch our enemies.

Your friend, the Computer"

Day 2 is extended by 24 hours

Atreyu the Masked Llama
HyramGraff
Shadow

Captain Van Der Decken
Akaziel
Atreyu the Maked Llama
Bookboy
Raiser B1ade
Zar Peter

Helgraf
Crystall_Myr
Orzel

Xykon Fan

Shadow
Evnafets

Xykon Fan
DarkLightDragon
Helgraf
Janusnori
Rejakor

evnafets
2007-07-14, 06:16 PM
evnafets points at shadow because of his basic disregard for road safety.

2007-07-14, 06:24 PM
"This may just be the bloodlust talking, but we should probably get someone killed today. And, personally, I think Technotopia can handle having one less xenophobic person polluting the minds of others."

As such, Fullbladder changes his point to Captain van der Decken.

Khaldan
2007-07-14, 06:58 PM
*points at captain van decken to get the day over with*

Krursk
2007-07-15, 04:11 AM
Joins the bandwagon and points at Captain Van Der Decken

pingcode20
2007-07-15, 07:57 PM
Day 2 Ends

Captain Van Der Decken is decided to be the agitator of the day, after much deliberation. He is hauled to the gallows, and strapped down. As he struggles, the lever is pulled, and the trapdoor opens.

The turbine spins up, and a stream of superheated air washes over the Captain, his screams increasing in intensity as the air slowly incinerates him.

Eventually, you have to look away as the heat spreads around, and by the time the turbine shuts down and the screaming subsides, the square is as hot as a sweltering summer day.

When you turn around, there is nothing more than a smouldering rope left of the Captain.

Sifting through his remains, you find a half-melted gold ring signifying him as a member of the masons - the only one in the country. Stonemasonry never caught on in Technotopia; not even under any of the previous regimes.

Captain Van Der Decken was Lynched. He was a Citizen.

Night Falls, and will end in roughly 24 hours

Jontom Xire
2007-07-16, 01:43 AM
Looks like the technophiles have left in a memory implant, I clearly remember sending you a PM asking if you were a citizen. In fact, it was right before Mr. Revolutionary popped up recruiting for Lo-Teks if I remember correctly :smallbiggrin:

Hmm, must be a bug in the site because before I posted that I never got your PM I checked my inbox which had had no messages deleted for a week or so. Unless of course you mean the PM where you asked to "join my group" and I clearly told you that I was a citizen in no uncertain terms.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-16, 01:52 AM
Sometimes the PM system gets messed up. I've missed a PM before from someone I was chatting with. I think the boards just glich sometimes...not a big deal, but potentially disastrous effects.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-16, 03:52 AM
Hmm, must be a bug in the site because before I posted that I never got your PM I checked my inbox which had had no messages deleted for a week or so. Unless of course you mean the PM where you asked to "join my group" and I clearly told you that I was a citizen in no uncertain terms.

Yea, that's what I sent, wasn't going to ask outright if you were a citizen and I believe your words were along the line of I'm telling you that I'm a citizen but I wouldn't be stupid enough to say otherwise if I wasn't. The "I'm not stupid enough to say otherwise" part made it pretty uncertain to me and the miraculous appearance of "Revolutionary" right after certainly didn't help.

pingcode20
2007-07-17, 07:01 AM
((Apologies for the late-ish daybreak. School has just started again - expect update time to be around an hour either way of this time.))

Near midnight, you hear the pattering of four hooves on the streets, followed by a shing of audible sharpness.

"I'm sorry Atreyu. Izanagi sends its greetings."

Then there is a bleat, a dull thud, and the sounds of two hard-soled shoes walking slowly away.

Helgraf is not so lucky. His restless sleep is interrupted by loud music, belting away at his doorstep. He blearily opens the front door to be confronted by a large boom box thumping out the most repetitive beat, at full blast. He reaches out, and pushes down the stop button.

Day Breaks

Atreyu is found dead in the street, with slash marks all over his corpse.

Helgraf... well, he isn't so much found as his bloody remains discovered splattered across the scorched steel floor in front of his home.

Helgraf, a citizen, was killed by an exploding boom box, courtesy of the Technotopia Dance Consortium
Atreyu the Masked Llama, also a citizen, was killed by a street samurai sent by Izanagi Corporation
The Church of the One Correct Way did not kill anyone tonight.
The Lo-Teks did not kill anyone tonight.

Day begins, and will end in approximately 48 hours. You need 7 votes to lynch.

Rejakor
2007-07-17, 08:38 AM
Xykon_Fan is still scheduled for execution.

Castaras
2007-07-17, 09:41 AM
The bewildered beholder, with his player as bewildered as he is, points at the person above him, Rejakor, as a random point.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-17, 09:41 AM
(so my lengthy speech telling all groups to shock off and die got me killed. I'm not surprised, in fact I'm a little insulted only one group killed me.)

Khaldan
2007-07-17, 09:48 AM
(i want to see that speech)
they killed the llama. *sigh*I declare a revolution for the Llamas!

Alarra
2007-07-17, 10:04 AM
Huh....I find it a bit odd that the two most vocal groups, at least by way of fliers...were the ones that didn't kill anyone. Maybe their using their lack of violence to entice people to join them? Or maybe their just inactive....*ponders*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-17, 10:31 AM
Oooh, a revolution in tribute to Llama? I'll join the llama revolution

2007-07-17, 10:34 AM
Yes, For the Llamas.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-17, 10:35 AM
(i want to see that speech)

(Top of page 5.

Awwww....a tribute to me. I'm honored.)

Rejakor
2007-07-17, 10:37 AM
These readouts indicate the Computer supports a llama based revolution. Rejakor calls off the secret police, and instead orders them to support the revolution.

Castaras
2007-07-17, 10:38 AM
Print.Statement "Bah, those llamas. Never did anything for us beholders, did they? Oh no, they just trotted around, heads high, proud of their fuzziness and spitting technique. But can they blast holes through brick walls? Eh? Oh no, they can't. Can they turn a creature to stone? Nope. They just rely on their measly charm person techniques. Down with Llamas, and good riddance, I say!"
Support.Rebellion = False

The bewildered beholder glares at the supporters and floats off.

HyramGraff
2007-07-17, 10:40 AM
Long live the computer. I will fight this rebellion even if it is the death of me.

2007-07-17, 10:42 AM
"Bu-but... They're llamas, beholder... person... thingy. Llamas."

Castaras
2007-07-17, 10:48 AM
Print.Statement "So? Llamas aren't everything you know!"

Khaldan
2007-07-17, 10:51 AM
but what isnt a llama? only thing i cant think of is easy to spell... i mean thaty have the force!

viva la revolution!

Raiser Blade
2007-07-17, 10:58 AM
support the llama revolution

"In loving memory Atreyu the LLama"
Day 1 - Night 2

"also any body notice that hyramgraf is risking death just to prove his "his loyalty" I think he is an agitator or maybe he hates llamas"

Khaldan
2007-07-17, 11:03 AM
(raiser, you need to put 'support the revolution in red text, or you will probably get passed over.)
well, looks to be 5:2(thanks allara) favor for revolt. we need more support!

Alarra
2007-07-17, 11:04 AM
Support the Llama!!!

Castaras
2007-07-17, 11:05 AM
Print.Statement "He has blinded you all! With his evil llamaish powers, he has charmed you all to follow him to death and beyond! Resist, my friends, resist!"

Bassetking
2007-07-17, 12:35 PM
Support the Llama!

Shadow
2007-07-17, 12:48 PM
Is this an actual revolution?
Support the Llama!

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-17, 12:49 PM
@^: Sadly, yes. It's in commemoration of Atreyu.

Alarra
2007-07-17, 12:49 PM
I can think of much worse things to start a revolution over. I mean...who doesn't love the llama?

Khaldan
2007-07-17, 12:56 PM
Go see XFs revolt in revolution 2. I think thats a bit worse :)

(but the glowstick rebillion?most pointless if you had no idea what was going on :smallsmile: )

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-17, 12:58 PM
((Hey, I kept myself alive for one night...that was my point.))

janusnori
2007-07-17, 01:04 PM
Go Llamas!

Khaldan
2007-07-17, 02:51 PM
9 to 2. Is that half? Or am i stupid?

evnafets
2007-07-17, 10:05 PM
Make it 10-2
My life for Llama!

Krursk
2007-07-18, 02:07 AM
Supporting the Llama Revolution

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-18, 02:07 AM
Support the Llama!

((Not much else to post, really...))

Helgraf
2007-07-18, 02:35 AM
The ghosts support the llama!

Well, this ghost does.

Zar Peter
2007-07-18, 09:46 AM
Go, Llama (count as support)!

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-18, 09:56 AM
This ghost strongly opposes the revolution purely because he didn't get to live long enough to see the llama's rejection of his poorly thought out recruitment attempts. (That and the fact that I can't die twice)

Castaras
2007-07-18, 10:03 AM
Print.Statement "You're all lost. I am sorry, my friends, that it has come to this. The llama blinded you all."

The bewildered beholder turns away sadly, floating slowly over to the noose.

Print.Statement "Hang on...how can you hang me when I'm a floating head? Eh? Eh?"

Khaldan
2007-07-18, 10:20 AM
I thought the penalty for not spporting a revolution was death by firing ssquad. im sure we can get you for that :smallsmile:

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-18, 11:42 AM
Twist one of the stalks around so that it points at her, activate, repeat until you find the disintegrating eye.

Castaras
2007-07-18, 01:00 PM
While everyone is arguing about what method of killing they should use, the bewildered Beholder quietly slips away, floating away from the revolutionaries as fast as she can.

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-18, 06:26 PM
Whoo! Llamas! Support the revolution!

Orzel
2007-07-18, 06:58 PM
I'm with the llama revolt

Akaziel
2007-07-19, 05:12 AM
Akaziel is rather... shaken from the full-blast volume of the exploding boombox. Wh-wh-what? Re-re-revolution? I su-su-support it of course.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-19, 12:31 PM
when do we get to execute the enemies of the llama revolt

Khaldan
2007-07-19, 12:40 PM
whenever pingcode says so. which should be soon.

pingcode20
2007-07-20, 02:42 AM
Day 3 Ends
The revolution is as much swift as it is bloody, as Khaldan rallies the masses to revolution against the ineffectual ministers of the Computer.

By nightfall, the streets are stained red, and the sounds of laser weapons discharging fill the air, as those who failed to join the revolution are strapped to a long steel table, with Bookboy first and Hyramgraff above. A mirror is in the third position, and Castaras' disintegration eye is aimed below the legs of Bookboy.

Khaldan waves a red flag, and Ghost Captain Van Der Decken possesses the beholder's eye, the greenish beam disintegrating the table and much of the floor below as it is slowly directed upwards.

Bookboy and HyramGraff are split in two cleanly, as the beam works its way up, until it hits the mirror, disintegrating it and reflecting back through Castaras' central eye (taped shut).

As the bodies are pulled from the tables for the parade, a vinyl record, split cleanly in two, clatters to the ground as it falls out of HyramGraff's clothing.

The Revolution for the Llamas is successful.
Castaras, a citizen, was killed for her opposition.
Bookboy, a citizen, was killed for his silence.
HyramGraff, a member of the Technotopia Dance Consortium, paid dearly for his hatred of the Llama

Night 3 begins.

Khaldan
2007-07-20, 10:04 AM
That was scary... But funnny! And i actually got meantioned in a death scene for once!

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-20, 11:08 AM
Wow, I thought for sure Bookboy was an agitator.

Rejakor
2007-07-20, 06:00 PM
...against the ineffectual ministers of the Computer.

*Ahem* The Computer supported the llama revolution.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-20, 06:07 PM
Khaldan waves a red flag, and Captain Van Der Decken

If my memory serves me correct captain was incinerated

pingcode20
2007-07-20, 06:10 PM
Was he? Crap.

*adds in 'Ghost'*

You saw nothing.:smallredface:

Rejakor
2007-07-21, 01:37 AM
The Computers' solution to this problem is to kill all those involved, and then resurrect them with those memories 'missing'. *Prepares the troubleshooter squads*

pingcode20
2007-07-21, 07:25 AM
Night 3 Ends

The victory celebrations last well into the night, the triumphant revolutionaries slowly dispersing, one by one.

Eventually, only Khaldan, Evnafets, Alarra, Raiser B1ade and Crystall Myr are left, toasting their success with a glass of well earned champagne. As they drink, Evnafets' eyes suddenly widen, and he drops the glass, clutching his chest, and collapses.

"You have killed your last, Alarra." mutters Crystall as he grabs a large volume on the table - 'Worshipping your friend the Computer for Dummies'. "Die, Lo-Tek Scum!" he screams, the volume breaking away to reveal a cunningly concealed disintegrator as he pushed the little symbol on the spine.

As Alarra loses much of her neck with a brief expression of surprise, Raiser's iPod finishes its current song with a soft click. "Click? iPods aren't supposed to go cl-"

He never finishes the sentence. The iPod explodes, sending Crystall and Khaldan diving to the floor and splattering the room with Raiser-Bits, while other cleverly hidden explosives (including a large boom box with 'NOT A BOMB' spraypainted on the front, and a walkman strapped to a few sticks of dynamite. Those dastardly fiends!) collapsed the supports of the cheaply built hall, sending the roof tumbling down upon the both of them.

Once the shaking stops, Khaldan slowly climbs from the rubble, having been sheltered by the remains of the table. Unaware of the Izanagi sniper on the roof behind him, he raises his arms triumphantly and yells "YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!"

There is a soft thwip, and Khaldan walks away, leaving Crystall, who had slowly climbed up to finish off the revolutionary leader, slowly melting into a puddle of semisolid goo.

Alarra, a Lo-Tek, was killed by the Church of The One Correct Way.
Evnafets, a Citizen, was killed by the Lo-Teks
Raiser B1ade, a Citizen, was killed by the Technotopia Dance Consortium
Crystall_Myr, a Clergyman of the Church of The One Correct Way, was assassinated by Izanagi Corp
Khaldan, the leader of the Llama revolution, successfully survived his first night

In the morning, a search of Alarra's home reveals a false wall, concealed behind a bookcase, leading to the Lo-Tek hideout. The aged machinery within shows signs of recent use, and a dartboard featuring a picture of the computer.

A thorough search reveals a long list of members. You quickly hunt them down and execute them, crushing the Lo-Tek movement for many years to come.

The Lo-Teks have been exterminated

Day 4 Begins

4 votes minimum to lynch.

Rejakor
2007-07-21, 08:15 AM
Xykon_Fan is *still* scheduled for execution.

Vhaidara
2007-07-21, 10:41 AM
Day 3 EndsBookboy, a citizen, was killed for his silence.

(Bullcrap! If you'd looked at my sig, you'd have seen that I was out of town and couldn't get online!)

Raiser Blade
2007-07-21, 10:43 AM
dang it i knew never to trust anything made by apple

Oh well i guess if i had to die better this way then being lynched:smallbiggrin:

Khaldan
2007-07-21, 11:22 AM
YES! I MADE IT THROUGH NIGHT ONE!
he proceeds to celebrate the new record.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-21, 11:37 AM
(Bullcrap! If you'd looked at my sig, you'd have seen that I was out of town and couldn't get online!)

Bookboy, calm down, it's still just a game...also, it's customary to post something either in WW Central, or in this thread telling everyone...just in case they don't see your sig because it's on another page. You seriously need to lighten up about this game, okay?

Vhaidara
2007-07-21, 11:39 AM
(I have every right to be angry! This happens every time I'm out of town! And I could have avoided it if I'd been here!)

Krursk
2007-07-21, 04:05 PM
Oh, before I get killed for inactivity, I'm away with sporadic internet for the next 18 days

pingcode20
2007-07-21, 06:16 PM
((Aww, crap. :smallfrown:Sorry, Bookboy. (note to self: Put *everything* on the danged spreadsheet)

Alright, Krursk, Duly noted.))

Vhaidara
2007-07-21, 06:21 PM
(Maybe I could be randomly placed in again? I've been in two of these things, and both times I died because I was out of town and couldn't defend myself.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-21, 06:28 PM
(Maybe I could be randomly placed in again? I've been in two of these things, and both times I died because I was out of town and couldn't defend myself.)

(you kids and your real life and your vacations and things. You really need to be more addicted to the computer. Your mom goes "wanna go to Florida" and you need to be more like "No Mom, I'm addicted to the Internet. I can see pictures of Florida while going to Faeruin. Faeruin is cooler than Florida"

Also, you died in Pirates because of events completely non-related to you being out of town. Mostly that people are paranoid and misread your actions.)

pingcode20
2007-07-21, 06:46 PM
((Alright, if everybody else doesn't have a problem with it I'll re-generate his role and resurrect him.))

pingcode20
2007-07-21, 10:23 PM
((Alright, no complaints?))

Somewhere in an underused portion of Technotopia
An old cloning vat lies disused in a long forgotten secret police building, small insects scuttling across it from time to time.

Somewhere, somehow, an old instruction is left over, and the flickering red light on the top flicks to green with a 'bing'.

The door flies open, and the lights die for the last time, as an unconscious bookboy is wheeled out by aging machinery, and dressed, before being deposited roughly in his bed.

He wakes up late that morning, yelling.

What a terrible dream.

Bookboy has been resurrected, and his role has been scrambled.

Shadow
2007-07-22, 01:19 AM
010100101S00101.101000101011111109100101H0101.1001 010010101
00.1.10A10010010010101.1001001001.D001.00100101001 001.1001010
1010001.10100100100101O0100101010.1001010010100010 .101010100
010101.10W101001010100101.10101000010101001001.101 0010010100
0100101010111010001.10010010011.010100P00010100100 1010100010
010000101010101O1100100010010101001001010010010100 101001010
0101001000101I10101101N100111101001010T01011010001 010111111
0910010100101.1001010010S10100.1.10010010A01001010 1.100101001.
001.00100101001001.100D10101010001.101001001001010 100101010.1
0010A10010100010.1R1010100010101.10101001010100K10 1.101010000
10101001L001.10100100101000100101010111010001.1001 0010011.010
1000001010010I101010001001000010101G01011100100010 0101010010
01010010010100101H00101001010010001010101011010100 1111010010
100101.101000T10101111110910010100101.100101001010 100.1.10010
010010010101.1001001001.00100100101D001001.1001010 1010001.101
001R0010010100101010.10010100101A00010.10101010001 0101.10101
001010100101.1010G1000010101001001.101001001010001 001010101110
010001.10010010011.01010000O010100100101010N010010 00010101010
11100100010010101001001010010010100101001010010100 100010101.Shadow points at DarkLightDragon.

Khaldan
2007-07-22, 01:26 AM
((you happen to be missing the 't' in at there shadow.))
*points at DLD to blindy follow shadow*

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-22, 03:50 AM
May I ask why I am being accused? And why the leader of the revolution is following him for no reason?

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-22, 03:58 AM
((Irrevelent white text of a ghost))

It's the nature of the mob, they'll blindly follow anyone to avoid thinking for themselves

Krursk
2007-07-22, 05:03 AM
I point at Bookboy As he has a randomly determined chance of being a rebel. No one else has one of those:smalltongue:

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-22, 08:11 AM
*DLD sighs*

I find it suspicious that Shadow has accused me, seemingly for no reason. If you can convince me otherwise, I will change my decision.

*DLD points at Shadow*

Khaldan
2007-07-22, 11:30 AM
DLD, i happen to be preoccupied with plans to take over the town. And i didnt think that being the leader of a revolution did anything, unless you count almost instant death...

Shadow
2007-07-22, 12:38 PM
You're right DLD. I had absolutely no reason, other than getting the pointing started. Just randomly picked someone that was still alive.00101001010111001010010S00101010001010100100 10100101000100100101001.
11010010101001010000001011111110101000010100010100 10011001O00101.
00101011101R10001010001001011010100101001010100010 100001011001001.
10000101010100001010101100010100R01010001010001010 1010001010100101000101.
0010110001010100001011110101010010010101Y001010001 0101001001010101100101.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-22, 04:23 PM
((I think all the Church guys must be inactive for the most part since they missed that one kill. Either that, or kind of new.))

Khaldan's kind of new...XF points at him.

(I'll be gone from the 29th for a couple of days, to whatever time my family is unpacked enough...please don't auto-lynch me.)

Vhaidara
2007-07-22, 06:58 PM
Bookboy stands up.
"That was weird."

Bookboy wonders why Krursk is pointing at him.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-22, 07:21 PM
*DLD glares at shadow*

You're behaving an awful lot like someone who wants to destroy the Computer.

*DLD changes her point to Khaldan*

And you follow someone who is pointing for no reason, and say you're trying to take over the town? That is suspicious as well. You're as bad as Shadow is.

Khaldan
2007-07-22, 07:48 PM
You're pointing at the leader of the revolution? you must be bent on computer destroying!

((of course im going to try to take over the town. its just fun to think of ways, if only one of them is feasible))

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-22, 08:34 PM
Just because you're the leader of the revolution, you think you can point randomly? You're not behaving like a leader!

(('kay...))

Rejakor
2007-07-23, 02:39 AM
You're right DLD. I had absolutely no reason, other than getting the pointing started. Just randomly picked someone that was still alive.

Bwahahaha, lies. I started the pointing back in post #214. I like the fact that Khaldan felt the need to add *to blindly follow shadow*. Because, like, it's not suspicious at all when you say that. :P

Krursk
2007-07-23, 02:54 AM
Bookboy stands up.
"That was weird."

Bookboy wonders why Krursk is pointing at him.

Random point, because I don't have much to go on

Orzel
2007-07-23, 11:44 PM
Now at eight, the clone gang point to Shadow We don't trust him, his posting effort, and his activity.

pingcode20
2007-07-24, 07:05 AM
((Sorry, updates might be a little fritzy; currently in the middle of a SAC week.))

Still no lynch. 4 votes are required to lynch. Day extended by 24 hours.

Rejakor
2007-07-24, 08:21 AM
May I remind everyone that Xykon_Fan is still scheduled for execution.

Krursk
2007-07-24, 10:41 AM
May I remind everyone that Xykon_Fan is still scheduled for execution.

Any particular reason?
Krursk, after refering to his handy work document, points at Khaldan to speed up the day

Shadow
2007-07-24, 10:45 AM
Now at eight, the clone gang point to Shadow We don't trust him, his posting effort, and his activity.

Well, no one ever trusts me, so that's a moot point.
But as to my posting rate: Real life's been killing me, and the time that I spend on the boards is spent dealing with Pirates, but things are going to get better from this point on, so it won't be an issue.
My activity? I'm not sure what you mean.

Bassetking
2007-07-25, 01:18 PM
Points at Khaldan

Rejakor
2007-07-25, 01:25 PM
Any particular reason?

He did something that was suspicious or annoying way back, and I scheduled him for execution. And he's going to bloody stay there until he dies.

Khaldan
2007-07-25, 02:25 PM
Well.. damn. Dont revolt leaders die during the night? Well, good luck to the rest of the citizens.

pingcode20
2007-07-26, 04:14 AM
Day 4 Ends
After surviving a night as leader, it is decided that Khaldan must have links to one of the agitator groups, and he is led to a large flagpole in the middle of Technotopia.

He is tied to the pole, and left there while night descends, looking nervous, while the citizens disperse to get a good night's sleep after a long day.

By morning, his corpse would be reduced to a bloody splatter on the ground, as agitators took the opportunity to kill off an opponent of theirs freely.

Khaldan was left to the Agitators. He was a Citizen

Night falls.

((FYI: He's dead. There is no need to send in a kill action for him: NPC agitators go and kill him off overnight.

It's tradition.))

pingcode20
2007-07-27, 07:27 AM
Night 4 Ends
Morning comes somewhat uneventfully, the complex interplay of Agitators seemingly missing.

The only sign you get of anything having happened is Khaldan's body having become a bloody mess at the flagpole. However, a quick head count reveals that several people are missing, usually a very bad sign.

The crowd rushes into the residence of BassetKing, breaking down the door, prompting an alarm clock to fly out. "Get out! Too Early!" yells the regal hound, as you close the door quietly and rush to the other missing peoples' homes.

The second person whose peace and quiet you interrupt is Alarra's, bursting into the Lo-Tek's home to find it empty save a very surprised rat. It occurs to you that it would make sense that a dead person would not be among you.

However, the third stop is at Krursk's home, whose door appears to have been shot open. You find him slumped against the wall, with the characteristic scars from plasma fire across his chest. Shaking your heads, you collect him up for burial.

Krursk was killed by Izanagi Corporation. He was a citizen.

Nobody else sent in kill actions.

Day 5 begins and ends in 48 hours (hopefully)