PDA

View Full Version : Wishful Thinking

FocusWolf413
2016-05-23, 11:33 PM
What items do you wish existed in 3.5/PF but don't?

ayvango
2016-05-24, 02:47 AM
Well, I constantly run into some item restriction, but always find another way to get what I need. It happens too often to remember all cases. Though restrictions also brings fun in circumventing them.

For starting I could mention single case: Ring of Mettle (like Ring of Evasion)

Dromuthra
2016-05-24, 05:30 AM
I'd love some way to become immune to nonlethal damage that wasn't Favor of the Martyr would be nice. Let's see, more immediate action teleport options would be fun, and an item cheaper than a Knowstone for sorcerers (or other small-list casters) would be great. Also, more items to boost Spell Resistance, and heck, reasonably costed SR would be wonderful.

Florian
2016-05-24, 05:36 AM
What items do you wish existed in 3.5/PF but don't?

Real item sets that showcase what the underlying archetype is all about.

FocusWolf413
2016-05-24, 01:53 PM
Real item sets that showcase what the underlying archetype is all about.

Yeah. It's a damn shame how useless the item sets are.

Erik the Green
2016-05-25, 01:09 AM
Yeah. It's a damn shame how useless the item sets are.

I've always thought that the Raiment of the Four was flavorful and acceptably useful for the cost, especially (ironically?) to arcane casters, particularly sorcerers.
For 19,000 GP you get:
1) four spells added to your reportoire, including FOM, which isn't arcane usually
2) Immune to blindness!
3) hold breath and not drown for 12 hours...not water-breathing, but long enough to probably get out of trouble
4) doubled carrying capacity, not to be sneered at...for obvious reasons, but also you can fireman carry an ally out of the kill box w/o having to waste time stuffing them in your bag of holding...unless you really dumped STR
5) ignore ordinary weather unless you are past the frostfall line or in deep desert
6) free information once a day...if carefully used 4 answers should be enough to at least avoid outright suicidal courses of action

Just my two cents-E

Florian
2016-05-25, 06:55 AM
I've always thought that the Raiment of the Four was flavorful and acceptably useful for the cost, especially (ironically?) to arcane casters, particularly sorcerers.
Just my two cents-E

Thing is, that right now, the item-dependent classes are better off with choosing a bland but functional items instead of a colorful and more personal one.

You will always chose the +2 keen scimitar over the "scimitar of the sylvan lord" based on the cost-benefit-ratio when going crit-fishing and thatīs an understandable but sad thing.

That dilemma could be solved with using item set rules. "Regalia of the First Daimyo" could individually be priced using the bland item rules, but collectively provide the color necessary.

Telonius
2016-05-25, 08:30 AM
Legacy Weapons that were worthwhile to take.

Goggles of Recognition. Displays the name of anyone whose name you've heard. (Helps out with those difficult-to-remember NPCs).

weckar
2016-05-25, 08:36 AM
I usually love taking the Gloves of Object Reading, but I've always wished there was a Greater version, giving me the names/ages/alignments of previous owners - or giving information about its time in an ownerless state.