PDA

View Full Version : Protective tool-user shapechange forms

ayvango
2016-05-24, 03:00 AM
What form could character assume to continue using tools and become harder to kill? The common answer is Solar with his Epic DR and regeneration. What other forms should I consider?

Gildedragon
2016-05-24, 03:20 AM
Ghost.
Just make sure the tools are riverine or have serren handles or are covered in ghostwall shellac

ShurikVch
2016-05-24, 05:26 AM
Ghost.
Just make sure the tools are riverine or have serren handles or are covered in ghostwall shellacWhat kind of Shapechange allow to take templated forms? :smallconfused:
Or is it some kind of non-templated Ghost?

Gildedragon
2016-05-24, 10:13 AM
What kind of Shapechange allow to take templated forms? :smallconfused:
Or is it some kind of non-templated Ghost?

Or you know get killed and raised as a ghost. One can still shapechange into something corporeal for combat etc if ghosted.
It makes the base shapechanger into the utility form
But tbh I forgot that shapechange doesn't allow templates

Necroticplague
2016-05-24, 10:27 AM
My Master of Many Forms have had some variety of troll for this as a good go-to. I forget if it was Jungle or Forest toll, but they also had poisonous claws.

Actually, come to think of it, most trolls fall into this category. There's even a variety or two that are Medium for living among normal sized races.

Inevitability
2016-05-24, 12:49 PM
Actually, come to think of it, most trolls fall into this category. There's even a variety or two that are Medium for living among normal sized races.

If you're going troll, I recommend Crystal Trolls. They regenerate everything but sonic damage. Go ahead, try to remember the last time you actually took sonic damage.

A continuous item of Favor of the Martyr makes it even better. And to be honest, continuous FotM is a good thing to have anyway.