PDA

View Full Version : Duckies or Kittens?

LunarDrop
2016-05-24, 10:23 AM
Which umbrella is better?

I cast my vote for Kitties- I remain faithful to the umbrella we have had for so many years.

Votes
Ducks: 8
Kittens: 7

Kantaki
2016-05-24, 11:23 AM
Duckitties obviously.:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

aurilee
2016-05-24, 03:02 PM
I'm a fan of the new duckies.

They're much more sophisticated. ^_^

Jaxzan Proditor
2016-05-24, 03:19 PM
I prefer the classic look myself. It's a pity it was damaged, but the ducks are still quite nice.

ClockShock
2016-05-24, 04:11 PM
Ducks - nicer shading with the new art style

nyjastul69
2016-05-24, 04:13 PM
I thought Hello Kitty was appropriate.

Alchemist_Fire
2016-05-24, 08:08 PM
I fear change, and I mask this fear with criticisms about Rich Burlew's web comic! I do not like new things!

Darth Paul
2016-05-25, 12:12 AM
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Cats_Are_Aliens/Banners/Oona_zpstooqci2y.png Duckies are nice.

See? It's official!

martianmister
2016-05-25, 03:51 AM
Kitties :smallyuk:

KorvinStarmast
2016-05-25, 08:15 AM
Ducks are fine. Why not go for a new look?

DaggerPen
2016-05-25, 11:14 AM
The ducks are cute, but I'm far too used to the MitD's old look. Kitties

littlebum2002
2016-05-25, 01:08 PM
Redloak chose kitties

MitD chose duckies.

I'll let him pick his own umbrella decoration. duckies

anjxed
2016-05-25, 01:29 PM
Kitties. Kittie had fangs, Duckies do not

Bulldog Psion
2016-05-25, 01:34 PM
While it's a close-run thing, duckies win out for me. Cats hate getting wet; waterfowl make more sense for an umbrella, IMO. :smallwink:

Lolo
2016-05-25, 05:48 PM
Duckies ARE nice!

Darth Paul
2016-05-25, 11:05 PM
While it's a close-run thing, duckies win out for me. Cats hate getting wet; waterfowl make more sense for an umbrella, IMO. :smallwink:

This is quality logic, right here. Spock's eyebrow would rise in approval.

Mad Humanist
2016-05-26, 10:34 AM
Duckies. They are indicative of character growth and new perspectives and greater maturity.

KillingAScarab
2016-05-26, 10:37 AM
Kitties! (http://xkcd.com/231/) When I think of glowing eyes in shadows, I think of cats. He's the monster in the dark, not the monster in the duck. ...unless he's the terrible ducksnake (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0322.html)!

Quild
2016-05-26, 10:47 AM
MitD picked this one himself, so duckies it is.

Sylian
2016-05-26, 12:39 PM
Great Beast in Shadow made a nice choice. Duckies are nice.

Mightymosy
2016-05-27, 07:14 AM
Duckies!

What? I can't vote because the message is too short? Well, then let me elaborate on the supe

Laurana
2016-05-27, 10:17 AM
I'm really disappointed because I was rooting for bunnies. Or rather, I would have been, if I'd seen it coming.

As it is, and if I was forced to choose, I'd say duckies.

Rynael
2016-05-28, 12:34 AM
Duckies

:elan: Appearance changes after a period of time has passed are a great way to provide narrative distance from earlier events.

KillingAScarab
2016-05-28, 09:12 AM
I'm really disappointed because I was rooting for bunnies.The dreaded bunnywolf (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0322.html)!

Asmodean_
2016-05-28, 12:48 PM
Always. Kitties.

To prove my point I'm having duck for dinner.

Kantaki
2016-05-30, 11:10 AM
Always. Kitties.

:smallconfused:Wouldn't that disprove your point?:smallconfused:

Gift Jeraff
2016-05-30, 11:20 AM
:thog: puppies.

Jay R
2016-05-30, 04:24 PM
This is the first appearance of the MitD since the art upgrade. And since he's in the darkness, changing the umbrella was crucial, as the only way to upgrade his appearance.

[Yes, I see the edge of the shadow, but that's the appearance of the shadow, not of the MitD. The umbrella represents an upgrade to the MitD, just as the clothes and held objects of other characters are part of their upgrade.]

Darth Paul
2016-05-30, 11:54 PM
:elan: Appearance changes after a period of time has passed are a great way to provide narrative distance from earlier events.

I'm changing my vote.
Eyepatches.

Mad Humanist
2016-05-31, 03:00 AM
Always. Kitties.

:smallconfused:Wouldn't that disprove your point?:smallconfused:

So let's get this straight. Kantaki expected Asmodean to eat roast cat, or a nice cat casserole or some other item from the big book of feline gastronomy. Presumably not liver as he would not want Asmodean to overdose on vitamin A.

KillingAScarab
2016-05-31, 03:15 AM
I'm changing my vote.
Eyepatches....OK, you're the boss. *starts adding eyepatches to the animals on the umbrella*

obaryb
2016-05-31, 06:49 AM

So the more scarier they are. You don't know what innate power they may use to crush you.

Personally I think duckies are a hint as of the species of the MitD. I just cannot figure it out.

Mad Humanist
2016-05-31, 07:30 AM
So the more scarier they are. You don't know what innate power they may use to crush you.

Personally I think duckies are a hint as of the species of the MitD. I just cannot figure it out.

Maybe a Quakken (https://wiki.erfworld.com/Quakken).

Kantaki
2016-06-02, 12:21 PM
So let's get this straight. Kantaki expected Asmodean to eat roast cat, or a nice cat casserole or some other item from the big book of feline gastronomy. Presumably not liver as he would not want Asmodean to overdose on vitamin A.

Well, he did say "Always. Kitties" Choosing to eat duck for dinner kinda contradicts that. Is there a problem with asking for consistency?:smallamused:
That, and it amused me.
Anyway, I prefer duckies over roof rabbits both on the MitD's umbrella and for dinner.

nogall
2016-06-02, 01:32 PM
Duckies

you both blinded me with logic and sound reasoning.
Duckies it is!

JustWantedToSay
2016-06-02, 04:23 PM

Although not as pronounced as on geese, ducks actually have teeth, in their beaks and on their tongues!

voting for duckies

Valynie
2016-06-03, 04:25 AM
So is the MiTD a girl or a boy ?
Given its choice of umbrellas , I vote for Girl

Grey_Wolf_c
2016-06-03, 10:51 AM
So is the MiTD a girl or a boy ?
Given its choice of umbrellas , I vote for Girl

That says more about you than it says about MitD. Also, he self-identifies as male (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0549.html) (or at the very least, not-girl).

GW

anjxed
2016-06-05, 02:37 AM
Although not as pronounced as on geese, ducks actually have teeth, in their beaks and on their tongues!

voting for duckies

I meant on the umbrella, the kitties had vampire like fangs while duckies do not

Killer Angel
2016-06-06, 05:55 AM
What about an alternance of duckies and kittens?

JBiddles
2016-06-21, 01:28 PM
Kitties.

I'm stuck in my ways, god damn it!

littlebum2002
2016-06-21, 01:36 PM
What about an alternance of duckies and kittens?

The only possible alternative to duckies or kitties are teacup pigs wearing boots

http://lamcdn.net/hopesandfears.com/post_image-image/gCs3QmNO0EBuVW3touMg0g-article.jpg

Black Socks
2016-06-21, 03:40 PM
I know that eventually I'll come to like the duckies, but right now.... I just can't handle the kitties being gone.... after being there for so long.... :smallfrown:

Catullus
2016-06-21, 08:49 PM
Kitties, because I love cats.

(I also love ducks, but cats win out)

Darth Paul
2016-06-21, 09:35 PM
The only possible alternative to duckies or kitties are teacup pigs wearing boots

http://lamcdn.net/hopesandfears.com/post_image-image/gCs3QmNO0EBuVW3touMg0g-article.jpg

What is the point of this animal? Is it the Cornish Hen of the pork world?

martianmister
2016-06-22, 04:15 AM
What is the point of this animal?

To die. Painfully.

littlebum2002
2016-06-22, 12:33 PM
What is the point of this animal? Is it the Cornish Hen of the pork world?

Dude, it's a teacup pig. They're utterly adorable pets. Like pygmy hedgehogs. Which would also be awesome on an umbrella.

http://www.hedgehoghavenessex.co.uk/Images/pygmy.jpg

Lord Torath
2016-06-24, 01:08 PM
I meant on the umbrella, the kitties had vampire like fangs while duckies do notActually those are whiskers, not fangs on the Kitty umbrella. It's easier to tell in the Print format (although you can also probably tell in the PDFs)

Darth Paul
2016-06-24, 06:03 PM
Dude, it's a teacup pig. They're utterly adorable pets. Like pygmy hedgehogs. Which would also be awesome on an umbrella.

Sorry. This is a new world to me. In my area, pigs are considered food, not pets. And hedgehogs (aka porcupines) are generally not considered adorable, either, so much as "dangerous".

Kantaki
2016-06-24, 07:50 PM
Sorry. This is a new world to me. In my area, pigs are considered food, not pets. And hedgehogs (aka porcupines) are generally not considered adorable, either, so much as "dangerous".

Eh, hedgehogs (the non-porcupine ones.) are alright.
Make great massage balls from what I remember from summer camp.

But I agree on the pigs. Pigs are food. A pig that is to small to be a meal is pointless.
On the other hand they consider horses food in this part of the world so what do I know.

Darth Paul
2016-06-24, 11:44 PM
On the other hand they consider horses food in this part of the world so what do I know.

I eat McDonalds hamburgers. For all I know, I may consider horses food. :smallconfused:

aurilee
2016-06-27, 08:53 AM

But I agree on the pigs. Pigs are food. A pig that is to small to be a meal is pointless.

Horses are tasty!

And hedgehogs aren't the same thing as porcupines. Porcupines are much more dangerous, and overall larger. They can attack when threatened and have barbed quills that they like to stick in you. Hedgehogs are mostly harmless, pygmy or not. When they're threatened they just curl up into a little spiny ball and are about as dangerous as a stationary cactus.

dmc91356
2016-06-27, 12:27 PM
Horses are tasty!

And hedgehogs aren't the same thing as porcupines. Porcupines are much more dangerous, and overall larger. They can attack when threatened and have barbed quills that they like to stick in you. Hedgehogs are mostly harmless, pygmy or not. When they're threatened they just curl up into a little spiny ball and are about as dangerous as a stationary cactus.

I'm confused. There are mobile cactus?

theasl
2016-06-27, 12:59 PM

I bet someone can dig one up from an old bestiary somewhere.

aurilee
2016-06-27, 02:06 PM

The intention was that it was something you could just walk around. As opposed to a cactus being thrown at you or something. For some reason I felt that I needed to clarify this.

But yes, there is also the possibility of a fully-mobile cactus (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cactuar), depending on which universe you call home.

Kantaki
2016-06-27, 02:19 PM
The intention was that it was something you could just walk around. As opposed to a cactus being thrown at you or something. For some reason I felt that I needed to clarify this.

But yes, there is also the possibility of a fully-mobile cactus (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cactuar), depending on which universe you call home.

Oh, I remember those cuties! Cacti that hunt you and mow you down with machine gun-like fire using their needles. I bet they make great pets. They can guard your home, you can train them to attack your enemies...

aurilee
2016-06-27, 02:47 PM
Oh, I remember those cuties! Cacti that hunt you and mow you down with machine gun-like fire using their needles. I bet they make great pets. They can guard your home, you can train them to attack your enemies...

I know I'd want one as a pet.

And to go back on-topic (kinda): MitD's next umbrella (should it exist) would look great with some Cactuars. It'd be like they're running laps around his head! (if he has a head)

KillingAScarab
2016-06-28, 08:34 AM
And to go back on-topic (kinda): MitD's next umbrella (should it exist) would look great with some Cactuars. It'd be like they're running laps around his head! (if he has a head)I'm in a FFd20 (http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/) game right now... There must be some way I can convince the GM to allow my Elvaan noblewoman a parasol with a Chocobo|Cactuar|Tonberry pattern. :smallwink:

littlebum2002
2016-06-28, 09:01 AM

It's a celebrity thing. About 10 years ago celebrities found these really cute pigs that could be kept as pets and not grow very large, and they became a trend. (and, to be fair, they ARE really cute).

Same thing with hedgehogs. One day a celebrity has a teeny hedgehog as a pet, the next day everyone has one.