PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a 3.5 build

Omega217
2016-05-24, 09:45 PM
I want to make a character who is the stereotypical "Drifter" I don't mean place to place, I mean job to job. So I don't want to stay in any class for longer than 1-3 levels. I'm thinking something with strong melee and self buffing abilities. No more than three racial HD, LA is fine, DM house rules, if I enter a prestige class, I have to finish it, no setting specific material and no evil.

Other than that, anything should be okay.

Any help will be appreciated

Zancloufer
2016-05-24, 10:01 PM
3 levels in Crusader, Swordsage and Warblade stack quite well. Especially if you stick to schools that two or three of them have access to as you can stack your IL that way. Though if your only taking ~3 levels max should wait until later in the build to take it. Since you can count half your other levels/HD For IL if you don't start taking them until level ~6 you would count technically as a level 4 for what manoeuvres/stances you can learn and would get up to 7th level ones by the end.

Lion Totem Barbarian's alternate class feature grants pounce at level 1 in exchange for fast movement iirc, definitely want that in there. Also two levels of Fighter or some monk archetypes make for decent 1-2 level dips. Still only looking at ~14 levels here though. Not sure what martial class that isn't a Prc (since you can't dip Prcs because of DM) is worth while if your taking >4 levels.

Aegis013
2016-05-24, 10:54 PM
I know you said you want something dip happy, but Factotum from dungeonscape is pretty well exactly what you want in a single class.

Take a look if you want.

Gildedragon
2016-05-24, 11:06 PM
With +1 LA
Athasian Human for race
Factotum at least 3 (if not 8 or all)
Chamaleon (PrC from RoD)

Divide by Zero
2016-05-25, 01:00 AM
How strict are you on the mechanical side of this? Because Binder could fit the fluff pretty well - just switch to a different set of vestiges every time you want your character's "job" to change - and it can be good at both melee and self-buffing. Take the Chameleon prestige class for even more flexibility.

theboss
2016-05-25, 04:47 AM
What's your starting level?
As for template, I suggest Necropolitan. Before deciding which class are you going to choose, what do you want for your main abillities (str,dex,int,cha and etc...), also how many pointes do you have?
Anyhow, I recommend the following classes:
3 swashbuckler, 2 fighter, 3 (or 4 for mettle) hexblade. Also take this magic item called Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows (http://www.angelfire.com/wy/eventry/Junk/Hand.html)
In this build, you would have great saves, nice AC, great/nice damage(depend how you point your abillites score).
And in partial effect on a successful fortitude save, you'll suffer no effect at all (Assuming you made the save, which isn't going to be hard due to your great saves).

EDIT: Invest in Cha,Int,Str... In that following order. As for your HP, take Faeries Secret of Mysteries feat from dragon mag. and you'll be fine. I suggest also use TWF because you won't have a very large Str score(at least the way I see it), and why not? more attacks, more damage!

tadkins
2016-05-25, 04:59 AM
I know you said you want something dip happy, but Factotum from dungeonscape is pretty well exactly what you want in a single class.

Take a look if you want.

Concur with this suggestion. Factotum is the ultimate "do-everything" adventurer.

Inevitability
2016-05-25, 01:50 PM
The standard build for these kind of things is a Changeling Factotum/Chameleon. Every day, you can change appearance, class features, spells known and even one of your feats.