PDA

View Full Version : Fighter with any feat as bonus feats.

Yogibear41
2016-05-25, 01:35 AM
If you were playing a fighter, and you could select any feat with your bonus feats instead of just <fighter> feats, what feats would you take and why?

Spore
2016-05-25, 07:47 AM
I don't have time to be precise because I should leave for work but basically anything that severely improves the character's ability to perform well in skills. The reason I pick mundane classes to begin with is to play something without spells. So picking any feats that emulate spellcasting or break the game in my favor just to show that "Fighters are good" is useless.

I would like a character - from the CRB no less - to perform almost as good as the rogue skillwise while having a more upfront combat style. And yes, the Ranger is too nature themed for my liking.

KillingAScarab
2016-05-25, 08:00 AM
If you were playing a fighter, and you could select any feat with your bonus feats instead of just <fighter> feats, what feats would you take and why?I have intended to play what is basically a soulborn using the generic warrior class by purchasing incarnum feats and smite evil with the bonus feats offered. Haven't found a game this would fit in, yet.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-25, 08:29 AM
Hmm... well, it's still a mundane class in the end, with a lot of feats. I'd probably just build a dungeoncrasher/shock trooper, area tripper/BFC, or Jack B. Quick, just with a slight increase in Incarnum, maybe Hidden Talent with some uses for focus, Bind Vestige, that kind of thing. You can take Midnight Dodge over regular Dodge, Azure Toughness instead of Toughness, and so on, which can be nice for meeting some prerequisites, and it gives you essentia for Cobalt Power, or whatever suits your build.

weckar
2016-05-25, 08:38 AM
A nice mix of Vile and Exalted feats.

Oh, you mean I still need to qualify? ... Can someone tell me why Intuitive Attack requires a Good alignment anyway?

Ashtagon
2016-05-25, 08:41 AM
If you were playing a fighter, and you could select any feat with your bonus feats instead of just <fighter> feats, what feats would you take and why?

I would dip it for two levels, and take feats that synergise with whatever my other class is.

OldTrees1
2016-05-25, 02:42 PM
1) Can I fly? If not then it takes a couple feats to gain flight (because flight is important)
2) Do I have reach? If not then it takes a couple of feats to gain reach (because reach is important)
[3 feats can solve 1&2]
3) Knockback, & Staggering Strike (Make combat interesting)
4) Combat Reflexes (Do more combat per round)
5) Imperious Command (Even more combat options)