PDA

View Full Version : Andre The Giant: One versus Many

djreynolds
2016-05-25, 04:08 AM
In honor of Andre The Giant and to propose something fun, I remember when he would take on two or three opponents.

Here's the rules.

No crazy spells for the druid, especially. But you can conjure animals.
So only defensive, damage spells, and movement and such
10th level only
No magic weapons or gear.
Just fighting, no banishment. 100ft circle arena. We'll say 50ft high ceilings.
No surprise round

How many 10th level characters to take out a 20th level Moon druid?

Is it even possible?

Hill Dwarf 10/10/20/11/20/10
HP 263 Speed 25
AC 11(normal without armor)
+6 melee/ranged
Full spell slots
resilient con, ASI wisx2, ASI conx2, toughness
initiative 0

I guess since you're 20th level it should be the most powerful 1 you can be.

hymer
2016-05-25, 04:19 AM
No crazy spells for the druid, especially. But you can conjure animals

I think you're going to need to be more specific than that.

djreynolds
2016-05-25, 04:48 AM
I think you're going to need to be more specific than that.

Well help out, I just want to see how many martials and fireball throwers it would take to kill a Moon Druid.

I guess no wishes, or banishment, etc. Just stuff like damage and holds, hasting, etc. I want to keep the fight going. I mean flying is perfectly fine.

Giant2005
2016-05-25, 04:50 AM
Well help out, I just want to see how many martials and fireball throwers it would take to kill a Moon Druid.

I guess no wishes, or banishment, etc. Just stuff like damage and holds, hasting, etc. I want to keep the fight going. I mean flying is perfectly fine.

You still need more information - what shape has the Druid taken? I assume that he would spam the same shape repeatedly.

JellyPooga
2016-05-25, 05:21 AM
No magic weapons or gear.

Just to clarify; this is no magic weapons and no magic gear, right? Normal weapons and normal gear allowed? This isn't an unarmed fight, right? I thought I'd check because, you know, this is in honour of the wrestler Andre the Giant :smallcool:

Also, just to throw it out there, wouldn't a more fitting tribute be something along the lines of this;

What's the lowest level character that could solo every (true*) giant in the Monster Manual, in one-on-one combat, starting with the lowest CR (Hill Giant) and working up to the highest (Storm Giant)? No rests.

Or alternatively, what's the lowest level character that could solo one of each of all the (true*) giants in the MM at once?

Or how about a Royal Rumble? It start as a 1v1, but after a set number of rounds, another giant enters the mix?

*a "true" giant being those in the Giant entry, not the likes of Trolls and Fomorians

djreynolds
2016-05-25, 05:52 AM
Any ideas are welcome, I will simply just edit the main post.

So no magic anything. Mainly destructive spells, defensive spells, movement

I was going to go with Beorn, and it would be half-orcs fighting him for sport.

I think this will be fun and since so many people have been asking about party optimization, fighting a 20th level Moon Druid will help to flesh out those theories.