View Full Version : I am no longer reading Order of the Stick

slipper
2007-06-27, 02:33 AM
Why?
I liked the skull.
:furious:

Scarab83
2007-06-27, 02:35 AM
I'm hoping this is just a brilliant satire.

Hazkali
2007-06-27, 02:35 AM
There, there. We all liked the skull. It is indeed a dark day for the Comic.

:smalltongue:

Jinura
2007-06-27, 02:38 AM
:belkar: life is useless now. He´ll commit suicide this friday comic

kpenguin
2007-06-27, 02:50 AM
Indeed. We should all boycott OOTS until the Giant brings back the EoFaF. :smalltongue:

TDG
2007-06-27, 02:51 AM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out :P

Freelance Henchman
2007-06-27, 04:28 AM
If I had a gold piece for every time someone threatened to stop reading OOTS I'd have.... *imagines giant pile of gold* swwwwweeeeeeeetttt!*

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-27, 05:43 AM
You'll be back.

They always come back.

:elan: Dun der dun....

:roy: ELAN!

:elan: Sorry...

Emperor Ing
2007-06-27, 05:47 AM
isnt it dun dun DUUHHHNN?? I mean i recall in the comic sometimes, even :elan: would go dun dun DUN.

Heh, he wont be without it for long

OOTS withdrawal symptoms include Depression, Anxiety, Lack of Sense of Humor, Uber Lameness, Loss of Curiousity, Sweating, Fever, High Blood Pressure, Hallucinations, Coma, Psycosis (dunno what it is), Dry Mouth, Lack of :smallbiggrin:, boredom, Deja-Vu. Ask your doctor before stopping reading the OOTS.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-27, 06:11 AM
How great would the afterlife part be at this point in time. Miko, Shojo, Roy Trigak the chimera making his return and EoFaF all hanging around. I want to see that.

Mordokai
2007-06-27, 06:21 AM
You won't be missed.

Ancalagon
2007-06-27, 06:26 AM
Who cares? Bye. Have a nice life.

Woof
2007-06-27, 06:31 AM
My god folks, I'm 127% certain he's kidding. I really really really don't think anyone would quit the comic over an item (which the skull was, really) that wasn't even around for half a dozen strips. Besides, that fate was much better than being stuck with Belkar anyway, as the skull itself pointed out.

rosebud
2007-06-27, 06:32 AM
How great would the afterlife part be at this point in time. Miko, Shojo, Roy Trigak the chimera making his return and EoFaF all hanging around. I want to see that.The acting unemployment line ain't that exciting.

Noir
2007-06-27, 06:55 AM
i am almost 100% sure that some people didn't bother too read ore than the topic name >.>

Willahad
2007-06-27, 12:17 PM
:smallconfused: it could be worse?:smallconfused:

Tolkien_Freak
2007-06-27, 12:32 PM
You're not reading the comic doesn't make the comic any less awesome for the rest of us.
(read that somewhere, forgot where)

I'm not going to try to convince you to stay, but the (um...) end-of-undeath of a very minor character seems an odd reason to quit reading such an excellent comic as this.

Snipers_Promise
2007-06-27, 12:40 PM
You're not reading the comic doesn't make the comic any less awesome for the rest of us.
(read that somewhere, forgot where)

I'm not going to try to convince you to stay, but the (um...) end-of-undeath of a very minor character seems an odd reason to quit reading such an excellent comic as this.

Amen. (Stupid 10 letter minimum)

Oberon
2007-06-27, 01:24 PM
How great would the afterlife part be at this point in time. Miko, Shojo, Roy Trigak the chimera making his return and EoFaF all hanging around. I want to see that.

I'm pretty sure they all go to different afterlifes ('cept maybe Roy and Miko and Shojo... hmm thats most of them, nevermind.)

Derivious
2007-06-27, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure they all go to different afterlifes ('cept maybe Roy and Miko and Shojo... hmm thats most of them, nevermind.)

Accually, Shojo is Chaotic Good, while Miko and Roy are Lawful, so they aren't all going to the same afterlife.

squidthingy
2007-06-27, 01:44 PM
Why?
I liked the skull.

Sorry but considering the quality of this comic, that is a very dumb reason to stop reading it

fangthane
2007-06-27, 01:45 PM

Shojo, being chaotic good, will probably be in an entirely different area from what Roy and Miko experience, even assuming those two end up in similar locations. Trigak, being evil, will be in yet another area (even if there's a wait, he's been dead quite a while now) and the Eye of Fear and Flame was, effectively, a skeleton animated by negative energy and had no remaining soul to reach an afterlife. The soul of its previous occupant (prior to its having been re-animated as undead) is already in its afterlife and probably has absolutely no idea what's been done with its erstwhile bones.

Oh, yeah, and I'm also assuming the OP is a victim of text's inability to effectively convey sarcasm. That, or he's just trying to provoke a response.

Dusk_Rider
2007-06-27, 01:46 PM
It would be funnier if they werew all in the same afterlife. Actually, a strip set in the afterlife would be pretty amusing. We'd get to see Roy again, after all. And Shojo. And Miko. Actually, that would be totally awesome!

squidthingy
2007-06-27, 01:47 PM
isnt it dun dun DUUHHHNN?? I mean i recall in the comic sometimes, even :elan: would go dun dun DUN.

OOTS withdrawal symptoms include Depression, Anxiety, Lack of Sense of Humor, Uber Lameness, Loss of Curiousity, Sweating, Fever, High Blood Pressure, Hallucinations, Coma, Psycosis (dunno what it is), Dry Mouth, Lack of :smallbiggrin:, boredom, Deja-Vu. Ask your doctor before stopping reading the OOTS.

add death to that list by the secrect Oots police

squidthingy
2007-06-27, 01:48 PM

If Oots afterlife works like regular D&D afterlife(which it might not) than they probaly won't see each other there

RyQ_TMC
2007-06-27, 01:50 PM
Well, at the rate main and second-plane characters are leaving this life, I guess we'll shortly be presented the "Order of the Dead Stick". Or something on these lines.

I'm not leaving the comic. No way. But I am kinda annoyed by lots of characters just going away with a "boom".

squidthingy
2007-06-27, 01:51 PM
We'd get to see Roy again

Let's see, haley and belkar are going to get Roy, I'm pretty sure we'll get to see him again, even if they don't make it, V could of already gotten roy

Dunamin
2007-06-27, 02:02 PM
But I am kinda annoyed by lots of characters just going away with a "boom".
The story arc has revolved around war for quite awhile. I would lose sense of verisimilitude if named characters didn't die as well.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-27, 02:05 PM
I'm a little sick of people posting on a webcomic's forums about how much they don't like the webcomic and why they are not reading anymore. Yes, you have a right to post criticism and not to read the comic, but to publicly announce something like "comic sux. not reading it anymore kk? bi" is childish and instigating to others in my opinion. Not to mention a sign of insecurity; why do you have the need to tell everyone that you don't like a certain webcomic and then explain your reasons?

nagora
2007-06-27, 02:18 PM
Sorry but considering the quality of this comic, that is a very dumb reason to stop reading it

Yeah, it's almost like it was a joke, isn't it?

Arnen
2007-06-27, 02:34 PM
The soul of its previous occupant (prior to its having been re-animated as undead) is already in its afterlife and probably has absolutely no idea what's been done with its erstwhile bones.

That's actually a rather creepy thought, if you think about it. :smalleek:

"They did WHAT to my bones?! :smallconfused: "

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-27, 02:36 PM

Im quite sure that this was a poor attempt at a joke. Maybe not. But I don't know. If It was it was EPIC FAIL.

Skyserpent
2007-06-27, 02:44 PM
If this was a joke, it was bad, if this was the truth, I feel bad for the poster and fear for his future.

Scarab83
2007-06-27, 02:54 PM
Any moron could see that they were kidding. I think at this point people don't even bother reading the posts and just immediately go into flame-mode.

Pantler
2007-06-27, 02:58 PM
My god folks, I'm 127% certain he's kidding. I really really really don't think anyone would quit the comic over an item (which the skull was, really) that wasn't even around for half a dozen strips. Besides, that fate was much better than being stuck with Belkar anyway, as the skull itself pointed out.

QFT. But for the unlikely event that he was serious:

Who cares? Bye. Have a nice life.

Although slipper's not reading OotS isn't going to make it any less awesome for us, your showing contempt for him isn't going to make you look good.

DoomITP
2007-06-27, 03:07 PM

:roy: i feel dumber just hearing that

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-27, 03:15 PM

Indeed, while Rich was sick, I experienced severe OOTS withdrawal.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48817

evileeyore
2007-06-27, 04:21 PM
Why?
I liked the skull.

Meh. I give this flameout a 2 out of 10.

slipper
2007-06-27, 05:18 PM
Any moron could see that they were kidding. I think at this point people don't even bother reading the posts and just immediately go into flame-mode.

So the 50% of the people in this thread who flamed me were in fact, of a degree of intellectually LOWER than that of a moron.
Well done, lemmings.

David Demola
2007-06-27, 05:22 PM

In other words, the withdrawal matches the side-effects of reading OotS. :)

You know I'm (serious) joking.

~Dave

DrivinAllNight
2007-06-27, 06:21 PM
I will now quote a very old link :)

You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.

Enjoy, and this post is from SPoD's Sig :)

moscatabaco
2007-06-27, 06:39 PM
I can't believe how many people actually took that seriously. He's obviously joking and remarking how much he liked the skull. I for one won't miss it, but then again I rook for team evil :smallbiggrin:

Cade Shadow
2007-06-27, 07:19 PM
There, there. We all liked the skull. It is indeed a dark day for the Comic.

I didn't :smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

Adeptus
2007-06-27, 07:48 PM

Almost. If it were funny it would be pretty much like a joke.

Charles_Bronson
2007-06-27, 07:52 PM
There are people who simply abandon his hobbies because:

1) Got married, working, etc
2) Favorite literate character died, don´t like sequels, etc
3) Ted, the golden fish has died
4) It´s raining today.

I liked the skull too, but I still like the comic much more.

good luck out there.

JT
2007-06-27, 09:28 PM
I am no longer reading OOTS either.

I was earlier today... but now I'm posting on the forums.

Daedalus73
2007-06-27, 09:33 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out :P

The Internet is truly a living breathing Lord of the Flies petri dish.

Sarcasm is completely lost on Intertrolls.

TheNovak
2007-06-27, 09:37 PM
I am no longer reading OOTS either.

I was earlier today... but now I'm posting on the forums.

Ba-dum PSHH!

Tolkien_Freak
2007-06-27, 10:04 PM
Maybe we all ought to lighten up around here - we need to stop taking everything so seriously.

Erai
2007-06-27, 11:35 PM
Why?
I liked the skull.
Can I have your stuff? :smallwink:

Aquillion
2007-06-28, 12:11 AM
Oh, I think it will be back.

As part of a massive composite zombie combining the EoFaF's eyes, Miko's decaying upper body, the hands of Shojo's dead teleporting wizard guy (he never got resurrected, did he?), the brain of Shojo, the legs of the bandit leader and his daughter, and the feet of the grizzled Cliffport chief of police.

H. Zee
2007-06-28, 12:27 AM

Lol I think I'm experiencing the deja vu you mentioned.

I love it when totally random, unpredictable threads like this spring up. It gives me faith in human nature and its ability to take anything too seriously.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-28, 12:57 AM
Why?
I liked the skull.

http://youfail.org/

(Credit for that awesome link goes to another forumer, I think his name was Lord_Butters_01, but I'm not sure.)

Wonton
2007-06-28, 01:12 AM
Whew. The thread title led me to believe this was serious.

On another note,
ROFL. :smallbiggrin:
That is an AMAZING link.

Gatekreeper
2007-06-28, 01:57 AM
Joke, guys, joke. Eeesh. Lighten UP. I, for one, got a chuckle out of it. Here I was thinking it was going to be some major rant against the comic and the Giant, like all the others, and instead it was pretty much a "Psyche!" Got me there. :)

TranquilRage
2007-06-28, 02:19 AM
It just goes to show that mindless fanboys and girls are more apt at flaming than reading.

Next level, spend all your skills buffing sarcasm.
You might also consider the 3th level sorc spell "Sarcasm of the Satire". But of course you need Int 13 to cast that and Int doesn't seem to be a fanboys primary stat.

Dunamin
2007-06-28, 02:21 AM
http://youfail.org/

(Credit for that awesome link goes to another forumer, I think his name was Lord_Butters_01, but I'm not sure.)
That music is awesome!

Angela Christine
2007-06-28, 02:24 AM
It would be funnier if they werew all in the same afterlife. Actually, a strip set in the afterlife would be pretty amusing. We'd get to see Roy again, after all. And Shojo. And Miko. Actually, that would be totally awesome!

The OotSverse doesn't necessarily divide celestial realms the same way as other settings, so there is a possiblility they could all end up in the same place. They were probably all considered good, overall, at the time of their deaths.

Maybe since there are three surviving pantheons of creator gods there are also three afterlifes, or three sets of afterlife. Since they all died in the south and have no conflicting religious commitments, they may all go to the Asian-themed afterlife sponsored by the Twelve Gods of the South. If Durkon died he would get passed over to the Thor's pantheon's afterlife, because he is a devote follower of Thor. As far as we've seen, Roy has no particular religious commitments, so he might well go to the "local" afterlife for fallen heroes since he died in battle defending the South.

Dunamin
2007-06-28, 02:43 AM
The OotSverse doesn't necessarily divide celestial realms the same way as other settings, so there is a possiblility they could all end up in the same place. They were probably all considered good, overall, at the time of their deaths.

Maybe since there are three surviving pantheons of creator gods there are also three afterlifes, or three sets of afterlife. Since they all died in the south and have no conflicting religious commitments, they may all go to the Asian-themed afterlife sponsored by the Twelve Gods of the South. If Durkon died he would get passed over to the Thor's pantheon's afterlife, because he is a devote follower of Thor. As far as we've seen, Roy has no particular religious commitments, so he might well go to the "local" afterlife for fallen heroes since he died in battle defending the South.
From here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0410.html) and here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0445.html) we do know that the afterlives in the OOTS world functions somewhat similar to standard D&D – generally, LG characters go to one realm and CG characters go to another realm.

As pointed out in comic 445, chances are pretty slim that you can just drop by for a visit, so I doubt that Miko or Roy would encounter Shojo where they’re going.

Scarab83
2007-06-28, 03:49 AM
That music is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks

Skyserpent
2007-06-29, 09:48 PM
So the 50% of the people in this thread who flamed me were in fact, of a degree of intellectually LOWER than that of a moron.
Well done, lemmings.

Ouch, that hurt, that really did. :smallfrown:

Once again though, even after he posted this people posted responses to the original message with more flaming.

But honestly, fighting flame with flame is really not the best option...

and come on, LEMMINGS? That's the same crack you tried on me earlier. Trust me, I'm betting half of the guys you're referring to don't even know what a lemming IS.

Some of you got the joke, but frankly it wasn't very clear. I mean, two or three lines from a Pixie... we have no clue as to who this guy is and assumed the worst. Our bad.

Setra
2007-06-29, 09:54 PM
Personally, I consider Lemming a compliment. Why? Lemmings are awesome.

If someone calls me a Lemming, I'd go "You think I'm awesome? Thanks." If for no other reason than to annoy them.

Skyserpent
2007-06-29, 10:05 PM
Personally, I consider Lemming a compliment. Why? Lemmings are awesome.

If someone calls me a Lemming, I'd go "You think I'm awesome? Thanks." If for no other reason than to annoy them.

Suicidal Rodent? Really? Awesome? Err... to each his own, I guess... :smallconfused:

Skyserpent
2007-06-29, 10:10 PM
If I had a gold piece for every time someone threatened to stop reading OOTS I'd have.... *imagines giant pile of gold* swwwwweeeeeeeetttt!*

Also, I'd like to point this out as a note that the sheer number of these would give us ignorant masses SOME leeway considering there was little to differentiate this one from the others... but... ya know... whatever...

apologies for the double post.

Scarab83
2007-06-29, 10:16 PM
Suicidal Rodent? Really? Awesome? Err... to each his own, I guess... :smallconfused:

That would be an awsome name for a band.. "Suicidal Rodents".

Strangely enough, I've been playing a torrented Lemmings ROM the last couple of days.

Breaon
2007-06-29, 10:25 PM
:smallconfused: it could be worse?:smallconfused:

True, it could be :thog: who is dead.

blackout
2007-06-29, 10:26 PM
I swear, there has to be a laughing emote or something for this forum.

delguidance
2007-06-29, 10:54 PM
I was reading this webcomic about lemmings, but some of them died. So I stopped reading it.

I'm enjoying this thread.

Skyserpent
2007-06-29, 11:15 PM
That would be an awsome name for a band.. "Suicidal Rodents".

Strangely enough, I've been playing a torrented Lemmings ROM the last couple of days.

I think he means these ones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemming

not these...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmings_%28video_game%29

huh, and it turns out REAL lemmings aren't actually suicidal... go figure...

EDIT: I would also like to note that "intellectually " is an adverb and you really can't be a "degree" of an adverb...

Demented
2007-06-29, 11:19 PM
Heck, the only difference is that the latter have green hair and an actual use!

Scarab83
2007-06-29, 11:28 PM
I think he means these ones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemming

not these...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmings_%28video_game%29

huh, and it turns out REAL lemmings aren't actually suicidal... go figure...

EDIT: I would also like to note that "intellectually " is an adverb and you really can't be a "degree" of an adverb...

...the video game Lemmings is based on the actual rodents, whether the myth is true or not.

Luklan
2007-06-29, 11:30 PM
I love it when totally random, unpredictable threads like this spring up. It gives me faith in human nature and its ability to take anything too seriously.

QFT.

And again, because I feel like it.

Honestly people, it was obviously intended to be a joke. Perhaps in poor taste, since the reactions it got were funnier than the original post. But yeah, I'm certain it's a stab at all those people who threatened to stop reading unless Miko died after shattering the Gem In The Throne.

And I probably missed the people who threatened to stop reading because she did die :smallamused:

Skyserpent
2007-06-29, 11:49 PM
QFT.

And again, because I feel like it.

Honestly people, it was obviously intended to be a joke. Perhaps in poor taste, since the reactions it got were funnier than the original post. But yeah, I'm certain it's a stab at all those people who threatened to stop reading unless Miko died after shattering the Gem In The Throne.

And I probably missed the people who threatened to stop reading because she did die :smallamused:

There were the "I'm not reading anymore if Miko doesn't die"... 'ers back at the railroad line.

Anyhoo, I stand guilty of believing this person, and while there was a bit of doubt at the honesty of the original post, I am still made of lose and failure. :smallfrown:

aristodeimos
2007-06-30, 12:05 AM
The skull needed to die. Belkar was too powerful with it. In addition, much of Belkar's charm is that he's the only evil party member. He doesn't want to start sharing the best lines in the script with an NPC.

Tor the Fallen
2007-06-30, 12:11 AM
I AM NOT READING ORDER OF THE STICK EITHER I'm looking at the pictures. Tor never learned how to read. :smallfrown:

Mirin
2007-06-30, 05:33 AM
I can't believe how many people, some of them I thought were really clever, did take this seriously AND posted an answer.
I guess I'm dissapointed here :smallfrown:

Setra
2007-06-30, 05:37 AM
I can't believe how many people, some of them I thought were really clever, did take this seriously AND posted an answer.
I guess I'm dissapointed here :smallfrown:
You'll learn that humans tend to dissapoint over time.

It's natural.