PDA

View Full Version : Bypassing skin of power dampening

flappeercraft
2016-05-25, 05:22 PM
So on the MiC there is a magic item called Skin of power dampening. Right now Im making a caster build centered on the Spell orb of fire which makes it a problem. Is there any way I could bypass its effect or inutilize it? I know disjunction would work but I want to know if there are any other alternatives but mostly if there would be a way I could bypass it without wasting my turn.

Fizban
2016-05-26, 02:28 AM
It minimizes the variables, too bad the variable was from 60-60 (or whatever) because you're casting maximized spells. You do have Maximize on your pile of metamagic, right?

DeAnno
2016-05-26, 05:00 AM
A more generalized solution to magic items is Chained Greater Dispel Magic, targeting the victim and chaining to all of his magic items. If you can afford the Chain Spell feat and have some applicable reducers it's pretty nice (Twinning it helps too.) If you can afford the feat space you can always get a Rod of it, or even a Rod of Maximize if you need to just deal with this specific problem.

flappeercraft
2016-05-26, 12:37 PM
It minimizes the variables, too bad the variable was from 60-60 (or whatever) because you're casting maximized spells. You do have Maximize on your pile of metamagic, right?

Obviously maximize is just basic for metamagic combos

Fizban
2016-05-26, 07:14 PM
Then you're fine since minimizing a maximized spell doesn't do anything. If you're also using Empower then you'll lose some effect, but depending on your build that might be free or you might be able to save juice by skipping it when you see a psychoactive skin.